Trump Fires James Comey!

I think this has more to do with the fact that Comey gave testimony to a Congressional investigation that was in direct conflict with his written testimony.

You're buying that Trump suddenly cares that Comey couldn't remember whether Abedin forwarded or backed up emails?

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're buying that Trump suddenly cares that Comey couldn't remember whether Abedin forwarded or backed up emails?

No, I'm buying that Trump's pissed that Comey says one thing to Congress but writes another.

That seems to be the one thing Trump's consistent on: you can be stupid, but don't lie and make him look like a fool.

No, I'm buying that Trump's pissed that Comey says one thing to Congress but writes another.

That seems to be the one thing Trump's consistent on: you can be stupid, but don't lie and make him look like a fool.

But nothing to do with fact Comey is heading an investigation that you and Trump think is fake news. Ok!!

David Gregory on CNN, while watching a feed of Comey's motorcade on the LA freeways, compared it to watching OJ run from the cops.

:lol: Watching CNN lose their shite over this is the funniest thing on TV.

And suddenly, Kellyanne Conway is back.

And Fox News is screaming that the Russian investigation needs to stop now! They attacked the media, too.

I could buy that too. Just keep in mind that the recommendation from Rosenstein at the DOJ was dated TODAY. This wasn't some deliberate process.

David Gregory on CNN, while watching a feed of Comey's motorcade on the LA freeways, compared it to watching OJ run from the cops.

:lol: Watching CNN lose their shite over this is the funniest thing on TV.

And suddenly, Kellyanne Conway is back.

Are you suggesting Leftists will lose their minds and destroy the personal property of other people?

The deuce you say!!

USA TODAY: James Comey’s Firing Was Inevitable:

How the mighty have fallen. In March, Comey was hailed as “the most powerful person in Washington.” But those who are tagged “most powerful” have a funny way of quickly being shown up, particularly when they serve at the pleasure of the president. In Comey’s case, his power supposedly was based on his ongoing investigation into Russian influence on the 2016 presidential election, an investigation which has turned up nothing of great importance, certainly nothing to substantiate charges of Russia “hacking the election.”

In fact, Comey had been a dead man walking for some time. He was a director without a constituency. He had tried to strike a balance in a sharply divided political environment and wound up alienating both sides. He had to go.

Democrats blame him for Hillary Clinton’s election loss. Just last week Hillary Clinton said if the election were held October 27 she would be the president – that is, the day before Comey’s dramatic note to Congress that he had reopened the FBI’s investigation into her alleged mishandling of classified information through her bootleg email server.

Then two days before the election Comey said “never mind.” The Bureau had hastily reviewed the 49,000 potentially relevant emails it had found on a laptop owned by disgraced former Congressman Anthony Weiner, and nothing there changed its conclusions from the previous July when he had called out Mrs. Clinton for lying but did not recommend prosecution.

Whether this rollercoaster ride had an impact on the election is one question, but Comey’s seemingly erratic behavior so close to an election was quite another. I was at a meeting with some senior members of the law enforcement community when Comey backed off the investigation and they expressed utter bewilderment at what he was doing. It went beyond how this would affect Comey’s career or his reputation; he was potentially tarnishing the Bureau itself. And for all this Comey said he had no regrets.

Read the whole thing.

I think this has more to do with the fact that Comey gave testimony to a Congressional investigation that was in direct conflict with his written testimony.

I also think the "Russian investigation" is the most overblown bucket of bull **** since the Starr report.

Benghazi by a mile. The biggest witch hunt since the Salem Witch trials. I thought the Russia investigation was a joke, but am not so sure anymore. Trump's paranoia on Twitter during the first Comey hearing and the Clapper/Yates hearing yesterday is a typical reaction of somebody who is trying to divert attention away from a crime. However, Trump is not a normal person though and I still doubt he directly colluded with Russia. I wouldn't be surprised if people working under him did though and he's helping with the cover up.

Edited by Doc Brown

Can't say this administration hasn't been entertaining.

Syria was 30 days ago.

Now this.

It's like a reality star is the president or something.

Benghazi by a mile. The biggest witch hunt since the Salem Witch trials. I thought the Russia investigation was a joke, but am not so sure anymore. Trump's paranoia on Twitter during the first Comey hearing and the Clapper/Yates hearing yesterday is a typical reaction of somebody who is trying to divert attention away from a crime. However, Trump is not a normal person though and I still doubt he directly colluded with Russia. I wouldn't be surprised if people working under him did though and is and helping with the cover up.

I believe the Benghazi hearings were political theater to the point of excess.

But describing it as a witch hunt implies there was no fire under the smoke. There was. And it was some shady shite.

I could buy that too. Just keep in mind that the recommendation from Rosenstein at the DOJ was dated TODAY. This wasn't some deliberate process.

I've been in government work enough to know that the date on a document has NOTHING to do with the deliberation behind it. I'd give long odds this has been talked about for weeks.

I've been in government work enough to know that the date on a document has NOTHING to do with the deliberation behind it. I'd give long odds this has been talked about for weeks.

Not just government, any serious place that deliberates. When was the letter supposed to have been dated?

The reasoning is preposterous. They're saying it's because of how Comey mishandled going public with information on the Clinton email investigation. The same information that Trump continually pointed out in his speeches and tweets to gain an advantage.

If that's the reason, he should have been fired on Jan. 20. It's just not credible. Obviously Trump is feeling the heat that the FBI is getting close to the truth on the Russia connection, and hopes to replace him with a puppet. Now it's time for Republicans in Congress to support a special prosecutor or independent council.

agreed

hopefully we will look back on this as the catalyst for his impeachment investigation

Long enough for ... oh, I don't know... to pick the successor and give him time to free up his schedule?

chaffetz-ap.jpg

Benghazi by a mile. The biggest witch hunt since the Salem Witch trials. I thought the Russia investigation was a joke, but am not so sure anymore. Trump's paranoia on Twitter during the first Comey hearing and the Clapper/Yates hearing yesterday is a typical reaction of somebody who is trying to divert attention away from a crime. However, Trump is not a normal person though and I still doubt he directly colluded with Russia. I wouldn't be surprised if people working under him did though and he's helping with the cover up.

How about congressional oversight on steroid use in MLB? SO GLAD I wasn't paying taxes during that fiasco...

So liberals who hated Comey now think this is the beginning of fascism? You all need some consistency of belief, people.

I wonder which president fired an FBI director before, oh, yes, Bill Clinton, 1993

Comey isn’t fired = outrage.

Comey fired = outrage.

Outrage = outrage.

:D

douthatsmall_bigger.jpgRoss Douthat

Democrats: "But I thought *we* were the ones who wanted Comey fired ... "

C_a8sIUXkAAd7mz.jpg

How about congressional oversight on steroid use in MLB? SO GLAD I wasn't paying taxes during that fiasco...

Oh yeah. LOL. Even the NFL concussion congressional hearings was a waste of time.

So liberals who hated Comey now think this is the beginning of fascism? You all need some consistency of belief, people.

I wonder which president fired an FBI director before, oh, yes, Bill Clinton, 1993

Comey isn’t fired = outrage.

Comey fired = outrage.

Outrage = outrage.

:D

[This is an automated response.]

The dissonance...it...hurts...

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10.

Maybe America is really ready for the hero we deserve to lead the FBI. Burt Macklin. .@prattprattpratt

C_bTyZbV0AA5H21.jpg

Quick while we don't have a FBI Director, copy all the VHS tapes you have! No one can stop you!

giphy.gif?w=240

HOT RUMOR: Trump fired Comey because Comey was about to uncover the truth behind Rafael Cruz's assassination of JFK

James Comey is welcomed back into the Democrat clubhouse

C_bHEFqWsAEbD3L.jpg

Edited by B-Man

Trump is meeting Wednesday with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov. No more Flynn to act as go-between to get Putin's marching orders. You can't make up this shite.

Can't say it isn't refreshing to see an administration who could care less about optics, though.

Unless they're just truly incompetent. Either way, eminently entertaining.

You can't make up this shite.

You're doing a really good job, though.

See now that's the problem. He SHOULD have done it in January. But now??? That raises a lot of questions.

Why should he have done it in January?

Try not to give a reason that applies to "Obama should have done it in October!" as well.

President Trump is brilliant. He knows how to troll liberals with every move he makes. This is great.

Yes, because that's what the President of the United States number 1 priority should be. Right?

And we're not even to sweeps yet! Just imagine the plot twists that will be thrown out then, perhaps a kidnapping? Maybe Ivanka will get chased by a cougar:

If they really want to kill it during sweeps week Ivanka will be the cougar doing the chasing. 18-24 demographic is still where it's at.