Broncos rescind season tickets

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for them. They do not need more professional scalpers to sell seats.

When all upgrades are made, the forced non-renewals also will allow the Broncos to make season tickets available to some fans on the 75,000-person waiting list for the first time in six years and increase its very limited single-game ticket allotment. Last season, 97 percent of the seating capacity at Mile High Stadium came from season-ticket holders, leaving just 3 percent for single games.

Edited by Limeaid

If the Bills had such a policy they'd likely have booted me (before I voluntarily gave them up this year). As an out of state fan I only used a couple of tickets myself each year and sold the rest.

I really don't have a problem with this at all, and I love how they caught the one guy in a huge lie about just selling his 2016 tickets.

The whole ticket system should be digitalized by now. Paper tickets are so old fashioned. If you can't go to the game then you transfer the ticket to someone else's account at actual face value. If the system sees you transferring your tickets to other people over a certain threshold (>51% of the games or something) then it flags you and you lose your seasons. Scalping is disgusting, get a job

I have no problem with scalping/resale but get wanting to curb it. I do think you should earn ticket holders though beforehand.

That said, screw that guy giving a sob story for last year when he hasn't used the tickets in forever. Just own what you've been doing.

The whole ticket system should be digitalized by now. Paper tickets are so old fashioned. If you can't go to the game then you transfer the ticket to someone else's account at actual face value. If the system sees you transferring your tickets to other people over a certain threshold (>51% of the games or something) then it flags you and you lose your seasons. Scalping is disgusting, get a job

Scalping is awesome...I could not go to almost any, and I mean any, away NFL game if people are not allowed to sell tickets on the secondary.

Makes me feel like we live in Mother Russia.

Edited by plenzmd1

So the NFL promotes it's Ticket Exchange through Ticketmaster then allows teams to punish season ticket holders for using it. Well done. The lesson I learned from this article? If I'm going to sell seats don't do it online and DEFINITELY don't do it through the team's site.

To me if you're forced to buy preseason games as part of your package you should be able to sell the games you don't attend for a profit. This is just more corporate control from the NFL greedathon. I hope there is a class action lawsuit

This is really messy and a curtain that they don't want to pull back. It can be a slippery slope. Most teams have partnerships with the larger ticket brokers in the country. One of the groups is actually in Denver. Some of these groups have over 1,000 season tickets. As a rough estimate your "partner brokers" probably account for maybe 5-7.5% of your season ticket base. You can certainly replace them with regular fans but they are committed regardless of record and opponent (which is why teams embrace them). They also help control the market and provide valuable data as to what the market will pay.

As with most things, there are 2 sides to this discussion. On one side, there are clearly people with valid reasons for not attending a single game so a case by case assessment is called for. On the other side, we know there are those who are just out for a quick buck and have no love for their team and don't care about the real fans. I am happy to see them lose their season tickets.

Also, teams love to grandstand like this and make fans think that they are only concerned about "real fans." The reality is they are cutting deals left and right to get rid of hard to move inventory (maybe not in their case).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Hah this sounds messy, like a PR nightmare. If Buffalo did this, they would be railed for their "disfunction"... so maybe we should keep this in mind, that every franchise does things that the fans might not like.

Yes would be railed against by dysfunctional people but you need to learn to put them on #ignore and disinvite them to any press conferences.

So the NFL promotes it's Ticket Exchange through Ticketmaster then allows teams to punish season ticket holders for using it. Well done. The lesson I learned from this article? If I'm going to sell seats don't do it online and DEFINITELY don't do it through the team's site.

Exactly. I don't like this at all. Scalping is a great thing as I can get tickets to any game I want as long as I am willing to pay the going rate. If a person had many tickets and made a business of secondary sales, then I would be in favor of revocation. But a person owning 3-4 seats and reselling them for a small profit doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. Just sell them off the sanctioned exchange process and transact through paypal.

To me if you're forced to buy preseason games as part of your package you should be able to sell the games you don't attend for a profit. This is just more corporate control from the NFL greedathon. I hope there is a class action lawsuit

Excellent point, agree 100%

They are sterilizing the whole league. We are seeing it in OP, with the recent action against private lots, slotting in the oficial lots and open container enforcement. Corporate control of the cash under the guise of 'safety'.

Do you know they are using it or just pretending you do to bash them?

Me too. Love to see money divested into class action laywers. :sick:

Nothing beat the sheet of seasons and seeing my (say) $800 bought me 8 regular and 2 preseason games at $80 apiece. As noted before, putting $80 face value on preseasons which I gave away for nothing, if I could, ruined something on the spot.

Also, teams love to grandstand like this and make fans think that they are only concerned about "real fans." The reality is they are cutting deals left and right to get rid of hard to move inventory (maybe not in their case).

sounds to me like the NFL is trying to muscle out stubhub