Beane interview Thursday

Is this really worthy of prayer? I mean, I can think of 100 other things God might want to fix before our GM problem.

1) Sammy's foot.

2) Dareus' dependence on reefer.

3) World peace

4) Floods and locust

5) Coach McDoormat growing his hair out.

6) A balanced budget

7) LBGTQABC rights

8) Decreasing the speed limit nationwide to 40mph

Etc

Why do you want the terrorists to win?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would they ask for a draft pick?

Way to answer a ? with another ?. But to answer your ?, see what JohnBonhamRocks wrote. Love the screen name.

I may be wrong, but haven't teams given up picks to hire away coaches, gm's etc.?

Edited by Dopey

Way to answer a ? with another ?. But to answer your ?, see what JohnBonhamRocks wrote. Love the screen name.

I may be wrong, but haven't teams given up picks to hire away coaches, gm's etc.?

I believe for lateral moves, not promotions.

Edited by Deceptikhans

why would they ask for a draft pick?

Yes - everyone knows a comp pick, not draft pick, is most prized

Edited by stevewin

Good rule of thumb is to always ask for draft picks. All they can do is say no.

I'd ask for draft picks but if someone gave me one (even a 7th rounder) I'd have to take out a pretty big loan to pay them.

And then what?

February 19, 2002|SAM FARMER | TIMES STAFF WRITER

Faced with the reality they would lose him one way or another, the Oakland Raiders traded Coach Jon Gruden to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday for four draft picks--two first-rounders and two second-rounders--and $8 million.

He isn't their GM so in this case he would just leave

I hope when this guy gets to the podium and someone stupidly asks why do you think you are qualified for the job he replies "Well I suggested we draft cam newton, next question"

Beane wasn't in any sort of GM or asst GM when Cam was drafted, so for all we know he had little to no input into that choice, regardless of it being a no-brainer at the time