Would you, right now, trade TT for Deshaun Watson?

267 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

I suppose that ultimately also depends on what we do with the extra 1st in '18 as well.

If those guys turn into franchise type qbs, the trade will be hard to justify unless they have a monster draft next year and White turns into a star cb.

Best case scenario: Watson and Mahomes are busts and KC craps the bed.

Worst case scenario: Watson and Mahomes turn into stars, KC makes the playoffs, we go our 7-9 & now we have 2 picks in the mid to low first round.

I vote no because there's only a 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 chance that a first-round QB will make it as a credible starter in the NFL, let alone become a true franchise QB. As much as I loved his performance in two national championships, Watson hasn't shown me enough to make me believe his odds are better than that.

Taylor, on the other hand, already has shown he can be a credible starter in the NFL. His chances of continuing to be at least a decent QB are much better than the chances Watson will be. He also could get better.

So I think for the short-term, Taylor is the better option. Since the Bills only have him for the short term, and since the Bills are now well positioned to go after a guy in 2018 whose prospects are as good or better than Watson's, trading Taylor for Watson doesn't make sense.

I suppose that ultimately also depends on what we do with the extra 1st in '18 as well.

Who is to say that the picks will be used to get a qb? What if those extra picks are used for DBs?

I dont get the hate for TT. He has done enough with the offense the last 2 years for them to be good enough to make the playoffs. The sole reason the Bills didnt make it is because of the defense, not because of TT.

I agree, sort of. The D played a big role in us missing the playoffs (again). But if Hotrod had thown for 10 more yards, we would have been 9-6 heading into week 17.

Against Hawks we had 1st and goal FOR THE WIN. He couldn't get it done. Against Fish we got to red zone twice and couldn't get in FOR THE WIN. On the play before Dan missed the FG, he had Goodwin wide open in EZ and missed him. We also had a chance late vs his old team.

He needs to improve in situations like that.

ALL the rest I'm good with.

Edited by reddogblitz

Who is to say that the picks will be used to get a qb? What if those extra picks are used for DBs?

I expect a QB, but I in no way insinuated the pick needed to be QB to be justified. If we get a pro-bowl caliber player at any position and Mahomes flames out then it was a good move. If Mahomes and Watson turn out good, but we select a QB who turns out great, that's also a win. All I'm saying is the deal's outcome doesn't rest solely on Mahomes and Watson.

I make the trade without thinking twice.

All the experts here have ZERO idea what Watson will become in this league. We all know what our running QB ceiling already is and it's not enough to be our franchise QB. This best QB to win now BS needs to stop as 7-9 or 8-8 just hurts this franchise more and more.

Or he throws too many picks. He threw a lot in college. And they don't even play defense in college.

If you don't throw interceptions you are not trying. Too often Tyrod plays not to lose. Playing not to lose is a sure fire way to lose.

Edited by GunnerBill

TT doesn't suck. But man, it's crazy how conservative some Bills fans are (actually PPP proves that).

The Texans and Chiefs made the playoffs last year and traded into the 1st to get qbs. The Bills and Browns traded those picks.

Oh but he does.

yes because Watson MIGHT be good and we already know Tyrod is average. he won't be our QB in 1-2 years anyhow so why not roll the dice. 6-10 seasons don't impress me

TT was 7-8 with a crap defense last year, can I just ignore that last bit entirely b/c in makes no sense at all.

The correct answer is no, because we already have our franchise QB on the roster (Peterman) and TT is a better backup than Watson! :beer:

If you don't throw interceptions you are not trying. Too often Tyrod plays not to lose. Playing not to lose is a sure fire way to lose.

How long do you let him "try" before you pull the plug? He threw 17 last year. That's a lot.

Since it's nearing the end of May the 4th be with you day, I'll quote one if the characters. Don't try, do.

We don't need a QB that tries. Heck, nobody tries harder than EJ and Fitz. I want a QB that can do and I think we have one.

Edited by reddogblitz

Only because Watson might be better. I don't actually think he will make it though.

I know TT can't do it.

Stats are for losers!!!

" ooh, he protects the ball." Easy to do when you don't throw to the middle or anticipate a throw.... ever.

Hey, TT lovers, do you really think he gets us anywhere... ever?

I was thinking this. People are all sayong TT gives the best chance to win now. With TT we get 9 - 7. Is that good in some world? Why do i feel like im tired of never getting the number 1 pick and never getting the 32nd. Tyrod gets us A GLIMMER of hope at a wild card, which seems to be universally accepted. You take watson he sucks you lose your way to Darnold, Rosen or other. Tyrod Taylor is going to get us the rights to the 9 - 12 best player in next years draft.

We have two young talented unproven quarterbacks on the roster already, why do we need a third? We know Tyrod can protect the ball, can throw deep, and can pick up third downs with his legs. If you just want potential over proven average to above average (which is Tyrod) just start Cardale or the new rookie. I mean let's be real here it's actually possible Peterman could win the job??? He has a weak arm so they say but I'm sure Sammy would love a quarterback who hits him in stride on a slant and doesn't drop it by his feet. Watson is just as unproven as Cardale or peterman. Just my 2 cents

I could see us starting Peterman in '18 when we win our selves out of the top qbs.

I don't want either one of them. Tired of the athletic qb that doesn't know how to play the position. Move on to '18 and get one of the studs.

Would you give Peterman a shot at starting then? I remember another guy who seemed like Peterman doing well enough to be a better qb. Anyone remember Chad Pennington? Noodle arm, quick release, very accurate, and threw with anticipation. It could work

You read my post about Deshaun Watson as an endorsement of Taylor? LMAO indeed.

Hahahahhahahaha

This poll completely sums up the Buffalo Bills and why they will constantly spin their wheels. They, and apparently most of their fans, are afraid to be great. Let's settle for the status quo and be happy with it.

Why pick a guy who has won a championship and gone over 400 yards twice against in a row in the biggest game of the season against one of the best defenses in recent history? We have a guy who was a 57% passer in college!

And this isn't about Tyrod. He is a perfectly ok qb who probably has overachieved in the NFL. I respect him a lot. But he is what he is. Watson may never live up to his draft selection. But at least Houston, who constantly makes the playoffs, is trying. Hell, conservative KC makes a big move to get better at qb because they know Alex Smith isn't the answer. Our guy basically does an Alex Smith impression but it's fine because we're Buffalo.

I never once questioned the EJ pick because it was at least an attempt. Same with Jones and Peterman. But at some point, you need to stop settling for late round picks and do something big. Again, I'd rather go 2-14 with Watson than 8-8 with Taylor.

Best post

Uhh come again? This sums up the absurdity of the Tyrod haters extremely well.

How

That's funny.

Okay, so you want to tank the season before it even starts. I'd rather not be a part of that embarrassment.

How are we not an embarrassment. My dude we have the longest drought in the league. We fire coaches evert 2 years. We just hired twin losers for coaches. We praise lovable losers. Hire green or retread coaches and give them too much power. We have changed defenses, before Rex, every year going back to Dick Jauron. But we arent already an embarrassment? Edited by Agent 91

How long do you let him "try" before you pull the plug? He threw 17 last year. That's a lot.

Since it's nearing the end of May the 4th be with you day, I'll quote one if the characters. Don't try, do.

We don't need a QB that tries. Heck, nobody tries harder than EJ and Fitz. I want a QB that can do and I think we have one.

How many did Winston or Matt Ryan throw their final year in college?

Depends what you wish for. You want a few more yards/game with another 8, 10, 12 INT per year? TT protects the ball as good as any QB in the league.

Any other defense beside the Ryan's that is a recipe for 10+ wins.

Be careful what you wish for.

Well said. And he protected throwing to WR he had no chemistry with. Crazy how under appreciated he is on here, yet in North jersey, giants/Jets fans talk about him like he's a strength at the qb position, not a liability

Well said. And he protected throwing to WR he had no chemistry with. Crazy how under appreciated he is on here, yet in North jersey, giants/Jets fans talk about him like he's a strength at the qb position, not a liability

Tyrod isn't a liability. He isn't a strength either.

T2.

He's familiar with the system, he has NFL experience, he protects the ball and might actually get an opportunity to shine.

Edited by Yav