What wrs likely to make the team?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you "really" have to ask about the original post? I'd hope for something more coherent that doesn't require people to google the entire roster and match numbers for many guys who have never even played for the team. It was ill conceived, and if you missed that, I can't help you. The actual question, however, is a good one.

My fault, just glanced at the edited version. Didn't realize it was just numbers originally. Btw I heard Jim Miller twice reference Philly Brown still on the Panthers on NFL radio this week??

My picks from this list (and reasoning):

1. S. Watkins (one of the best in the league when healthy, high draft pick)

2. Z. Jones (high draft pick, high overall potential)

3. A. Holmes (key FA signing with high potential and good size)

4. B. Tate (kick return skills and filled in well in limited action as backup WR last year)

5. K. Listenbee (superior speed, draft pick)

6. P. Brown (known quantity from coach's former team)

All of the other guys on the list will compete for slots 4-6 along with the 3 guys I put in those spots.

Edited by msw2112

My picks from this list (and reasoning):

1. S. Watkins (one of the best in the league when healthy, high draft pick)

2. Z. Jones (high draft pick, high overall potential)

3. A. Holmes (key FA signing with high potential and good size)

4. B. Tate (kick return skills and filled in well in limited action as backup WR last year)

5. K. Listenbee (superior speed, draft pick)

6. P. Brown (known quantity from coach's former team)

All of the other guys on the list will compete for slots 4-6 along with the 3 guys I put in those spots.

This is about spot on my take

My fault, just glanced at the edited version. Didn't realize it was just numbers originally. Btw I heard Jim Miller twice reference Philly Brown still on the Panthers on NFL radio this week??

No problem. I should have been more calm. A pet peeve of mine is when people just use initials in vague situations leaving you to guess. To post just a bunch of numbers, many for guys we've never even seen on the field, then comment that we should know the numbers of every player on our favorite team? Even the guys who we've never even seen on the field? Like if we don't we are less of a fan? Well..... OK, sore point I admit, but I'm much better now! :)

Are you the guy that comes into a thread with no useful knowledge and attempts a very poor attempt that could only be construed as a fail at humor?

Sadly. Yes.

The truth hurts. Sorry.

next time I will be more direct in my criticism.

Why would anyone be happy with a list of player numbers instead of the player names?

You don't need to answer. Have great day. :)

Edited by cba fan

Came to this thread late. Took me a moment to figure out why the first responses were so upset with the OP, then realized that he originally just had the roster numbers with no player names.

This post should be pinned and used as the ultimate example of how an Ill-formed post elicits nothing but scorn, while a properly amended one creates pages of engaging discourse.

Review, ponder and amend before you hit "Post" boys and girls. The effigy you prevent from burning just may be your own.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Don't see listenbee making the team, never did.

I think top 3 will be Sammy Zay and probably Philly just because he's a crafty dude with the most YAC potential. 7 TD's and 1000 yds in 3 years on a team with a lot of competition for targets is solid, got the hands and the moves after the catch. Hard worker.

Don't see listenbee making the team, never did.

I think top 3 will be Sammy Zay and probably Philly just because he's a crafty dude with the most YAC potential. 7 TD's and 1000 yds in 3 years on a team with a lot of competition for targets is solid, got the hands and the moves after the catch. Hard worker.

I don't either, especially considering that he was a Whaley guy. McDermott and the new GM have no motives to keep him. I thought he was a bad pick the second we drafted him.