RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

Todd McShay was gushing about him when he was drafted, but here's what I liked about NP... He wasn't afraid to throw on a big stage (Senior Bowl)... He slung that ball, and made no bones about it at all...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd McShay was gushing about him when he was drafted, but here's what I liked about NP... He wasn't afraid to throw on a big stage (Senior Bowl)... He slung that ball, and made no bones about it at all...

...now there's a career death knell......Bieber McShay snickered and called Marshawn " a reach of a bust at #12".......

Playing FFL is the same kind of thing, your looking at the schedule and past years stats and forming an opinion on what will happen barring injuries. Way too many holes in the senconday and we have a QB who cannot carry this team to victory with his arm. New HC, OC, DC and I don't think we have gotten better after losing Gilmore and Woods.

They've gotten better. Woods wasn't a loss and can easily be replaced by the FA's they signed, if not Jones. And while Gilmore was a loss, they drafted his replacement, and more importantly the change in scheme will help the secondary out, as will not having a buffoon (or two) running the defense.

...now there's a career death knell......Bieber McShay snickered and called Marshawn " a reach of a bust at #12".......

McShay HATED the EJ pick...

I wasn't crazy about it, myself... I didn't think we had the personnel to school a young QB... The fact that it was a great defensive draft didn't help either...

The '18 draft has some solid QB prospects coming out... Not like '13 at all.

I wasn't crazy about it, myself... I didn't think we had the personnel to school a young QB... The fact that it was a great defensive draft didn't help either...

...can tell you this FACTUALLY and please don't ask for a link.....posting non-factual crap isn't my style and I respect too many here for that.....Nix was hell bent on drafting a QB in the 2013 1st for whatever reason....oddly, his first choice was Genome Smith....the gang flew down to interview him and work him out....on the plane ride home, the consensus was, "um no thanks"...EJ was his 2nd choice....little did he/they know second fiddle had two broken strings: #1 was zero confidence and #2 was no ability to process the entire field in <5 seconds as demanded by the speed and complexity of the game at the NFL level................

very true...McShay went as far as to say the Bills just set themselves back 3-5 years by drafting EJ...I felt the exact same way....at no point in his college career did EJ ever demonstrate that he had any capability of playing QB in the NFL.

...can tell you this FACTUALLY and please don't ask for a link.....posting non-factual crap isn't my style and I respect too many here for that.....Nix was hell bent on drafting a QB in the 2013 1st for whatever reason....oddly, his first choice was Genome Smith....the gang flew down to interview him and work him out....on the plane ride home, the consensus was, "um no thanks"...EJ was his 2nd choice....little did he/they know second fiddle had two broken strings: #1 was zero confidence and #2 was no ability to process the entire field in <5 seconds as demanded by the speed and complexity of the game at the NFL level................

Yes, he was... Like a moth to an 80-watt bulb... There was absolutely NO reasoning with him about it...

It was a fail, but I'm glad it was EJ... Geno is kind-of a tool.

Yes, he was... Like a moth to an 80-watt bulb... There was absolutely NO reasoning with him about it...

It was a fail, but I'm glad it was EJ... Geno is kind-of a tool.

...I guess talking about EJ or Smith as 1st rounders as well as the majority of those over the last decade (sure there are a few exceptions even if your go to 2005) clearly defines the woeful state of the QB spot over the last decade+...........

After we start 2-6 we will get a good healthy dose of Nate, hopefully he plays well enough that we don't use a 1st on a QB.

What are you? A gluten for punishment?

Or, maybe a closet Patsies** fan?

If Peterman turns out to be a FQ, it'll be a total Easter egg.

Edited by reddogblitz

What are you? A gluten for punishment?

Or, maybe a closet Patsies** fan?

If Peterman turns out to be a FQ, it'll be a total Easter egg.

Are you asking if he is a composite of storage proteins termed prolamins and glutelins and stored together with starch in the endosperm of various grass-related grains for punishment?

New TBDism?

Are you asking if he is a composite of storage proteins termed prolamins and glutelins and stored together with starch in the endosperm of various grass-related grains for punishment?

New TBDism?

:lol: There is NO WAY reddog did that by accident... I'll never believe it!

So the Bills are going to win 2 of these 8 games?

- Jets home

- at Carolina

- Denver home

- at Atlanta

- at Bengals

- Bucs home

- at Raiders

- at Jets

The win percentage of those 8 teams last year was 44.5%. That includes 2 teams that combined to win 23 of those 57 wins. I don't know how you see just 2 wins in that group? The Jets are 2 wins alone.

Peterman isn't starting games outside of injury (that assumes he beats out Cardale and Yates).

8-0

Did he win Senior Bowl MVP like EJ did?

...and Javon Snead a can't-miss franchise QB. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Who DIDN'T hate that pick?

let me try this, seems we have a little difference in OPINION as I don't see them going 2-6 and I most certainly don't see some 5th round scrub starting for this team?

just a difference in opinion is all, I'm sure...

That's funny as a 6th round scrub has been the starter the past 2 years and you have seemed to be totally ok with that.