Get a Grip People

H2o

Absolutely agree. People are possibly disappointed that the Bills didn't pick "their guy". Lots of "guys" are rated and determined by this consensus of media writers who often have good insight but they aren't living it as completely as if their job depended on it- they have no skin involved in the game like pro scouts, GMs and coaches do.

The other issue is that the draft is not a miracle worker, especially with teams that have multiple needs. If a team manages to get 2 or 3 solid starters out of a draft it is considered a success.

With the exception of last season, the recent Bills drafts have been complete train wrecks. I give credit to Rex Ryan for last season and believe the Bills will reap some defensive benefits from it this coming season. The point is the process of building a contender is going to take time.

What the Bills have done with this draft has been solid and they have picked solid players in areas of need. I personally like this as opposed to picking the so called draft super stars who are often self centered primadonnas and often come with excess baggage and are destructive to the team.

Finally this years QB class is absolutely horrid, the worst in years, and I am proud of the Bills for realizing this and not wasting any picks on them. Hopefully a year from now will be a different situation and the Bills will be in the driver's seat. Not too bad IMHO.

I agree on the QB point, and now we have 1st round picks next year to move up to get their favorite QB. I'm listening to WGR right now and Sal was thinking we could grab a TE with one of the 5th round picks, probably a LB, and maybe for those of us who like Chad Kelly with our last pick in the 6th.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you go on message board of most teams you're going to see the incessant whining. I mean the thing is McD said this is a process but people think the draft this year was supposed to supplant the process and everything is perfect and ready to go.

In fairness.......you should take into account the concept of "lip service" before invoking the gospel of McD.

Actions speak louder than words.

Also, you are incorrect......the Bills started the draft with three 5th round picks not two.

I agree on the QB point, and now we have 1st round picks next year to move up to get their favorite QB. I'm listening to WGR right now and Sal was thinking we could grab a TE with one of the 5th round picks, probably a LB, and maybe for those of us who like Chad Kelly with our last pick in the 6th.

would be a nice capper to the draft!

If it is one of these teams that just got their QB like ChI, Tex, Cle

If there is a franchise-looking QB at #1 the Bills would have to have a top 10 pick plus KC's late first and a 2019 first and an assortment of other second/third round picks.

Two firsts wouldn't get it done with KC's being so late.

Cleveland and NYJ are the most primed to get to the top of the draft.

Cleveland made the better deal.

I think Houston could very well get their asskicked next year and end up winning only 4-6 games.......their defense is nice but that division is RISING in terms of talent.

Jax, Tenn......even Indy has gotten some good players in the draft for a change.

It's the draft, where even the professionals disagree, and the proof isn't known until after the third season at least. In the meantime, TBD is entertained with the spectrum of opinions, from brilliance to idiocy.

What we do know is McDermott is the power, and, whether you like or hate him, we'll find out soon enough if Whaley is included in his long term plan...

then isn't it strange we drafted only 1 defensive player?

So the people who want us to take a qb this year think we're just gonna suck and have 3-5 wins. That would have been between 3 and 6 pick. So next year we have a better shot at s better qb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the first line of your signature not "I not only could not stifle controversy among your readers.. I welcome it."?

And anybody who compares an internet message board to the Trail of Tears may also want to reconsider their own grip. :(

Just what we need in times like these - a kinder, gentler Simon. :D

I am thrilled with the draft so far. In general I'd be concerned to see the Bills draft positions of need (or fitting a specific scheme) at the top of a draft, but this year the specific picks have proven talent. If we get significant talent that also matches our needs, all the better.

Gotta agree OP! I like what the Bills are doing. I like having two picks next draft. The Bills have been stuck in draft purgatory in regards to QB because they have been just good enough to miss. The extra pick next year and maybe even throwing in your next years first would seal the deal with any team.

I like how some posters refer to the Bills first three selections as "3 starters". Until they put the pads on in training camp and play in some preseason games, they are just 3 draft picks. 3 players that fit "areas of need"...yes. Anything more than that is just a guess, and that even goes for the first pick.

Here's hoping that they end up not only as starters, but quality players.

If there is a franchise-looking QB at #1 the Bills would have to have a top 10 pick plus KC's late first and a 2019 first and an assortment of other second/third round picks.

Two firsts wouldn't get it done with KC's being so late.

Cleveland and NYJ are the most primed to get to the top of the draft.

Cleveland made the better deal.

I think Houston could very well get their asskicked next year and end up winning only 4-6 games.......their defense is nice but that division is RISING in terms of talent.

Jax, Tenn......even Indy has gotten some good players in the draft for a change.

Yup

So, the worst team in the NFL next year will give up the #1 pick for 2 1st rounders from the Bills--none of which will be a top 10 pick?

Yeah since that's what I said huh?

I wish I could have multiple pics for folks...

So, if Buffalo has say the 18th and 22nd pick next year, they could package those 2 picks, plus our 2019 first round pick and maybe another mid round pick from 2018.

The team with the #1 pick may like the "4th rated QB" or maybe they don't need a QB at all who knows.... use your imagination. I just said they "possibly" could.

But I honestly feel if Buffalo can get back in the top 10 next year, they will get a QB better than any QB in this draft.

I like how some posters refer to the Bills first three selections as "3 starters". Until they put the pads on in training camp and play in some preseason games, they are just 3 draft picks. 3 players that fit "areas of need"...yes. Anything more than that is just a guess, and that even goes for the first pick.

Isnt that true of every draft pick ? I think that picking solid players who have extensive college tape (sorry SDS), who fill positions of needs, are highly graded by the scouts and who we did not lose picks for, is reason to be happy about. No ?

I think you're making a mistake discounting anything outside of #1

This is how you end up with JP. 4th best QB in a great class when you are unable to trade up high enough to get the good ones. There is no guarantee we will be able to move up and it will certainly cost more that ours and KCs 1st rounders.

Isnt that true of every draft pick ? I think that picking solid players who have extensive college tape (sorry SDS), who fill positions of needs, are highly graded by the scouts and who we did not lose picks for, is reason to be happy about. No ?

Reason to be happy...yes. Go into camp thinking that it is a given that they will all come out as starters on opening day...no.

But I honestly feel if Buffalo can get back in the top 10 next year, they will get a QB better than any QB in this draft.

I hope the team is being prepared for a rookie QB to take over next year. Just as the Steelers did with BenR - stacked team which a talented young QB just had to guide to the playoffs in his rookie year.