2017 NFL Draft: Round 2 & 3 Discussion

LB and S were top priorities. I'm not worried about a WR in a run heavy O. Holmes would of been fine...and are O-line was good even with Mills.

Your reaching now. Holmes is a 3rd-4th receiver. Right side was a weakness.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but be critical of the Bills draft strategy. They've recklessly filled needs for next season, while neglecting our ability to field a quality roster years down the road.

This was the type of year we needed to walk away with like 10 rookies who can contribute this year and improve our depth for years to come. Instead we've given up draft capital for the sake of filling holes and the result will likely be yet another season where we're unable to overcome injuries because we rely on washed up vets and UDFAs to fill out the roster because we only added a couple rookies.

The Bills were not 3 players away from competing for a playoff spot and what they've done tonight is very shortsighted. We should be refilling our pipeline of young talent and instead we appear to have put all our eggs in a few baskets (White, Jones, Dawkins).

Edited by jrober38

he's too busy watching tape

I could ask if he is high, but with a name that includes Bud and 420, I think I already know the answer. :D

He's probably doing this right now...puff puff :lol::D puff :lol::D:lol::D

Edited by PolishDave

I can't help but be critical of the Bills draft strategy. They've recklessly filled needs for next season, while neglecting our ability to field a quality roster years down the road.

This was the type of year we needed to walk away with like 10 rookies who can contribute this year and improve our depth for years to come. Instead we've given up draft capital for the sake of filling holes and the result will likely be yet another season where we're unable to overcome injuries because we rely on washed up vets and UDFAs to fill out the roster.

The Bills were not 3 players away from competing for a playoff spot and what they've done tonight is very shortsighted.

Yep. I'd have liked to see them stand pat in the 2nd and with the two 3rds. 8 picks would have given them a better chance of stacking the roster with some young talent.

I'm excited about is pick the more I read here and elsewhere.

Very hopeful we found our RT for now and the future.

Our O line could be very good with a better RT. plus Hopefully we won't need to have an extra player blocking so often on the right side to cover for Mills weakness.

Edited by BillsFan4

Question: Do you even watch the Bills play?

I think this must be intentional. Regardless, Mayock says he can play RT, and I'll take his word over the Bud man from Bufflao 420. Put down the bong and watch the games. :)

From August 2016:

Football players Dion Dawkins and Haason Reddick had been scheduled to stand trial a week before the first game of the season, but instead took an offer to participate in a diversionary program that could lead to a withdrawal of all charges against them.

Dawkins, a senior offensive lineman, and Reddick, a redshirt-senior defensive lineman, were arrested March 2015 and charged with 1st degree felony assault in connection to a bar fight in January of that year where two Temple students were injured, one seriously.

Yep. I'd have liked to see them stand pat in the 2nd and with the two 3rds. 8 picks would have given them a better chance of stacking the roster with some young talent.

Exactly.

People can talk about the holes we have, but has anyone actually looked at our depth?

We're barely one deep at a couple spots on the depth chart, let alone deep enough to overcome a couple injuries.

Beyond our starters we have nothing at RB, WR, TE, OL, DT, DE, LB, CB and S.

The Bills needed to load up on young players and look long term and they've done the exact opposite.

Edited by jrober38

This was the type of year we needed to walk away with like 10 rookies who can contribute this year and improve our depth for years to come. Instead we've given up draft capital for the sake of filling holes and the result will likely be yet another season where we're unable to overcome injuries because we rely on washed up vets and UDFAs to fill out the roster because we only added a couple rookies.

The Bills were not 3 players away from competing for a playoff spot and what they've done tonight is very shortsighted. We should be refilling our pipeline of young talent and instead we appear to have put all our eggs in a few baskets (White, Jones, Dawkins).

Tanking