2017 NFL Draft: Round 2 & 3 Discussion

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we agree a lot, but I'm not too upset losing lower end picks. This roster McDermott is shaping could not have been done in one offseason. We got three solid starters.

Why on earth would you assume the guys we picked will all be "solid starters"?

Edited by jrober38

It's a lot easier to draft starters when you have glaring holes in your lineup. I couldn't envision any possible draft scenario where we didn't get starters at CB and WR.

Hope this kid works out, but this feels like a bit of a reach.

They will sign a whole bunch of guys after the draft. That is what UDFA's are for.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Hope for underdogs: There are more undrafted free agents on NFL rosters today (481) than 1st- and 2nd-round picks combined (480), per Elias.

10:38 AM - 5 Sep 2016

Interesting.

I remember McDermott said that the Bills will sign a large number of UDFA's. That it will be something they put some emphasis on.

I'm not sure they have a whole lot of choice, anyway. We have a lot of roster spots left to fill.

I don't need the instant gratification of a contribution this year.

The Bills have holes all over the depth chart and their depth is non-existent at pretty much every position on the field.

The Bills should be planning for the future, but they've acted like a team who thinks they're a couple pieces away.

Like I said, we have nothing in reserve at RB, WR, TE, OL, DE, DT, LB and DB. An NFL roster is more than the 22 starters.

Impact starters taken in the top 2 rounds have a greater value than fringe roster guys taken in the later rounds.

You were probably never going to be satisfied with our depth after the draft regardless of what we did given how many holes you think we have.

Edited by Bangarang

Impact starters taken in the top 2 rounds have a greater value than fringe roster guys taken in the later rounds.

You were probably never going to be satisfied with our depth after the draft regardless of what we did given how many holes you think we have.

Again, why are you guys assuming that the guys we've picked will all be impact starters?