2017 NFL Draft: Round 2 & 3 Discussion

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was Whaley's draft. These guys will be physically and mentally ready to go. Shaq and Reggie will be better now that they are healthy. Washington was a depth/rotation guy.

Whaley set up both boards and engineered the deals too. But okay. :lol:

Yup. Every year I'm critical of the Bills and every year they fail to make the playoffs.

This team has never valued its depth. Year after year we ignore our key backups and every year our season goes off the rails due to injuries or suspensions.

Hey man, you aren't always wrong, I'll give you that.

What do you think about picking up a 1st, though? I mean, even if the other picks are status quo Bills picks, which I don't agree with, grabbing a 1st is a very un-Bills thing to do in my opinion. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, jay jay.

Stop misrepresenting what I said.

Not misrepresenting anything. This is exactly what you said. You don't see how ridiculous it is to believe we should have walked away from the draft with 10 contributors "for years to come"?

This was the type of year we needed to walk away with like 10 rookies who can contribute this year and improve our depth for years to come

That was Whaley's draft. These guys will be physically and mentally ready to go. Shaq and Reggie will be better now that they are healthy. Washington was a depth/rotation guy.

McDermott's draft according to sources.

Not misrepresenting anything. This is exactly what you said. You don't see how ridiculous it is to believe we should have walked away from the draft with 10 contributors "for years to come"?

Proofs in the pudding. Bang wins this round.

Hey man, you aren't always wrong, I'll give you that.

What do you think about picking up a 1st, though? I mean, even if the other picks are status quo Bills picks, which I don't agree with, grabbing a 1st is a very un-Bills thing to do in my opinion. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, jay jay.

I loved what we did in the 1st round.

What we did then by trading back and stock piling picks gave me hope the rest of the draft would unfold a similar way. This team isn't in a position to compete as things stand, and I love the flexibility of stock piling picks in next year's draft due to the opinion that it should have a couple very good quarterbacks.

Given the state of the roster my preference is to stock pile a bunch of young talent. The last few drafts have netted us next to nothing in terms of young players and going all in on 3 guys this year seems shortsighted in my eyes. The Bills drafted to fill specific holes this year, as opposed to drafting BPA and planning for the future 3-4 years down the road.

Whoops. Contribute was supposed to read compete, so I apologize for my error.

We need rookies to compete for jobs this year, and in the coming years as we rebuild. I never meant that we need 10 guys to contribute because obviously that would never happen.

I think we could've had 3 starters and the 5ths if we just stayed pat.

But you'll never know, will you? And I trust they know more than you do. Not being confrontational, just pointing out the obvious. We don't know what they know.

Pretty sure Mike Glennon just signed a big contract as a free agent and EJ signed a one year deal for $800k with no guaranteed money.

Yep and Chicago drafted Trubisky as the QB of the future. Glennon will go back to holding a clipboard when Trubisky gets up to speed in 2018

Yep and Chicago drafted Trubisky as the QB of the future. Glennon will go back to holding a clipboard when Trubisky gets up to speed in 2018

Maybe.

All I know is that EJ isn't the best QB from his draft. He likely won't be in the NFL after preseason ends and the Raiders roll with Carr and Connor Cook as his backup.