2017 NFL Draft: Round 2 & 3 Discussion

I can't help but be critical of the Bills draft strategy. They've recklessly filled needs for next season, while neglecting our ability to field a quality roster years down the road.

This was the type of year we needed to walk away with like 10 rookies who can contribute this year and improve our depth for years to come. Instead we've given up draft capital for the sake of filling holes and the result will likely be yet another season where we're unable to overcome injuries because we rely on washed up vets and UDFAs to fill out the roster because we only added a couple rookies.

The Bills were not 3 players away from competing for a playoff spot and what they've done tonight is very shortsighted. We should be refilling our pipeline of young talent and instead we appear to have put all our eggs in a few baskets (White, Jones, Dawkins).

Man, a bunch of 5th rounders are not likely to allow you to "field a quality roster for years to come". If you have 4 5th rounders, statistically you'll be lucky to get one starter

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From August 2016:

Football players Dion Dawkins and Haason Reddick had been scheduled to stand trial a week before the first game of the season, but instead took an offer to participate in a diversionary program that could lead to a withdrawal of all charges against them.

Dawkins, a senior offensive lineman, and Reddick, a redshirt-senior defensive lineman, were arrested March 2015 and charged with 1st degree felony assault in connection to a bar fight in January of that year where two Temple students were injured, one seriously.

building a bully! Wait...

I can't help but be critical of the Bills draft strategy. They've recklessly filled needs for next season, while neglecting our ability to field a quality roster years down the road.

This was the type of year we needed to walk away with like 10 rookies who can contribute this year and improve our depth for years to come. Instead we've given up draft capital for the sake of filling holes and the result will likely be yet another season where we're unable to overcome injuries because we rely on washed up vets and UDFAs to fill out the roster because we only added a couple rookies.

The Bills were not 3 players away from competing for a playoff spot and what they've done tonight is very shortsighted. We should be refilling our pipeline of young talent and instead we appear to have put all our eggs in a few baskets (White, Jones, Dawkins).

Did you really think we could have had 10 rookies out of a single draft class that could have contributed? Seems pretty unrealistic. Especially when you're the kind of person that says late round picks rarely amount to anything.

I don't know. A lot of moves but at the end of the day the Bills got three guys they really like and a first rounder next year.

If it works, if the players are true NFL starters it was s home run. If not, well... How is it any different than most other drafts?

We've got to hit on one of these guys. Two is a win, imo...

Not really. Only WRs i liked were Williams and Davis, unfortunately they were gone. They could be Sammys replacement. Jones is a low level #2 at best.

We didn't have a true number two on the roster. It was a need.

LB and S were top priorities. I'm not worried about a WR in a run heavy O. Holmes would of been fine...and are O-line was good even with Mills.

Dude you are either a troll or one miserable person. I see why everyone bashes you after reading negative post after negative post from you.

Did you really think we could have had 10 rookies out of a single draft class that could have contributed? Seems pretty unrealistic. Especially when you're the kind of person that says late round picks rarely amount to anything.

I don't need the instant gratification of a contribution this year.

The Bills have holes all over the depth chart and their depth is non-existent at pretty much every position on the field.

The Bills should be planning for the future, but they've acted like a team who thinks they're a couple pieces away.

Like I said, we have nothing in reserve at RB, WR, TE, OL, DE, DT, LB and DB. An NFL roster is more than the 22 starters.

Exactly.

People can talk about the holes we have, but has anyone actually looked at our depth?

We're barely one deep at a couple spots on the depth chart, let alone deep enough to overcome a couple injuries.

Beyond our starters we have nothing at RB, WR, TE, OL, DT, DE, LB, CB and S.

The Bills needed to load up on young players and look long term and they've done the exact opposite.

They will sign a whole bunch of guys after the draft. That is what UDFA's are for.

Hope for underdogs: There are more undrafted free agents on NFL rosters today (481) than 1st- and 2nd-round picks combined (480), per Elias.

I think that might be the unintended consequence of tonight's draft strategy.

we agree a lot, but I'm not too upset losing lower end picks. This roster McDermott is shaping could not have been done in one offseason. We got three solid starters.

Beyond our starters we have nothing at RB, WR, TE, OL, DT, DE, LB, CB and S.

I think there is reasonable o-line depth with Groy, possibly Kouandjio and now Dawkins and at DT where I like Worthy and they will hope Washington takes a step.... but in those other spots I totally agree.

Dude you are either a troll or one miserable person. I see why everyone bashes you after reading negative post after negative post from you.

I guess i am miserable person, but only when I'm talking about my Bills. Guess I dont like losing and have been right a lot

You think we are tanking because we traded away some mid to late round picks?

No. I don't think they want to be bad, I just don't think they're going to be very good.

We have no depth. When we lose 5-6 starters like we do every year, we're going to have 5-6 gaping holes on the field.