So When Do We Project to Be a Playoff Team?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You people realize that if the Bills had just average Defensive play last year that they'd of made the playoffs. TT can absolutely take them there. The offense can regress a little, but if the D progresses they will be in the playoff hunt this year.

Not with this schedule. Last year we had a powderpuff girl schedule and still sucked. A 2-4 divisional record will not improve much and the rest is tough. No easy W's this year. We are the easy W on most schedules.

Never.

It's all rigged. The NFL knows Browns fans and Bills fans are bought in, the teams never have to get good. The NFL needs "big market' fair weather fan teams like New England, Miami, the Cowboys, the Giants to be good to get casual fans to buy merchandise. Even if we were good our revenue wouldn't change dramatically. So we'll just go along recycling talent for the big teams to boost their rosters and sell just enough hope to keep the tailgates flowing and our little piece of revenue trickling in.

Ya...my gut tells me some franchises are just destined to stay in certain places..the bills, browns, jags are in the league to

be like the lovable losers in pro wrestling, there to make the real money making franchises look good and be "winners",

and pluck talent, as necessary. 17 years is more than a sample at this point, it is what it is.

Not with this schedule. Last year we had a powderpuff girl schedule and still sucked. A 2-4 divisional record will not improve much and the rest is tough. No easy W's this year. We are the easy W on most schedules.

I agree man this team isn't going anywhere in 2017, this draft and the FAs didn't offer anything to get excited about to me, it's the 2016 roster 2.0. I'm thinking 4 wins but maybe just maybe 6, tough schedule, new staff.

This is the first off season in a long time I have zero excitement for the season to start, I have a feeling I'll be giving my season tickets away even sooner then normal this season.

Looks like we won't even draft Kelly so I can't even hope that maybe I can see better QB play by the end of the season or even watch him in preseason.

Edited by xRUSHx

I agree man this team isn't going anywhere in 2017, this draft and the FAs didn't offer anything to get excited about to me, it's the 2016 roster 2.0. I'm thinking 4 wins but maybe just maybe 6, tough schedule, new staff.

This is the first off season in a long time I have zero excitement for the season to start, I have a feeling I'll be giving my season tickets away even sooner then normal this season.

McDermott is running the draft. I think he's done a good job.

McDermott is running the draft. I think he's done a good job.

McD is reminding me a lot like Chan, hard headed that will get a rude awakening when they find its hard to win in the NFL with a backup QB talent.

Im not excited at all. I do like they added a 1st to next year but all that does is maybe excite me for next season when we maybe draft a QB. This year is really just a bla, I feel nothing. Im not sure I can even get excited for next years draft knowing how OBD keeps avoiding drafting QBs. I see Rexs team trying again so I expect this team to try to at least match his first year record but even that will be tough to do with our schedule and a new system. Eitherway I don't see any chance for a playoff run. This is the first time I think I have ever not felt any bit of excitement for my Bills.

Hopefully '19 after we get a real QB next year

Have to stink bad in 2017 to be up far enough to get one, other desperate teams will spend big to get them before us. Got my fingers crossed. I agree 2019 is the earliest shot at a playoff run

I start from the premise that the Bills obviously need to get better than they were last year to realistically compete this year, and there's really no sane argument that that is going to happen when the draft is all done.

I continue with the premise that adding rookie talent in 2018 isn't a recipe for immediate success. And I conclude with the premise that Bills management must, therefore, realistically (even if they can't say it for PR/Pegula reasons) think that 2019 at the earliest is the target.

Why do we need to care if they say it? Watch what they do and that's all you need to know. They know Tom Brady still resides in the AFCE and they also don't think any of these QBs were good enough to use a high pick on ( save for Trubisky apparently) . The moves they make reveal what they're thinking. It's not that hard to figure out. When they select a QB next draft that they feel can be a franchise guy, give it about two to three years from that point to truly contend. TB will be gone by then and they should have a solid team around what we hope is the QB we have waited for.

Explain please. If you're Whaley/McD and you think you're on the verge of winning now, why do you trade down to add another 1st rounder next year? I guess you could say "because we're so good right now we don't need that #10 overall to put us over the top" ...

Because we clearly need a starter at CB, WR, LB, and likely RT, S. At 10 you may get Lattimore at CB but White is going to be one of the three CBs that start. So the trade down doesn't elimate that.