I don't understand the White hate...

Thats what teams do to keep players that perform on their team. Pay up or let them walk. We are not gaining ground in the division. Still losing ground even

Maybe 4 years from now when these guys drafted today are looking to be renewed we can do that and add more to the roster in that years subsequent draft. Make sense? We need to manage the cap much better. So we can afford to keep those guys. Where is all the money tied up on a team that is not playoff ready? Gonna be a few more years at least.

You can't keep everyone man, I mean that's the whole thing with having a salary cap. I liked all the guys that left but to be honest none of them were make or break players that would have somehow, miraculously got us over the hump. Hogan was good but when you have Tom Brady throwing you the ball it's kind of hard not to look good. Gillmore was good but he's not worth $65mil. Woods isn't worth $45mil. Every team lets players walk, it literally happens ALL THE TIME.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seattle and Green bay traded out of the 1st completely. We did exactly what fans have been bitching they wished we could do and act like New England and make NE Moves and that is exactly what we did. The entire draft last night blew up every "experts" lists.

We traded down, didn't reach for a QB, and got an additional 3rd, a 1st next year and a damn solid Corner that fits OUR SYSTEM. That is a great job by McDermott who sees the big picture.

This was a great move, best by this franchise in many years, but some people will never be happy.

....of course it was and of course they won't......some just have perennial sand in their jockey shorts no matter what and add MORE if they start to see a glimpse of light ahead......as a poster helped me remember, the last time Bflo had TWO 1sts was in 2004 with Evans and Losman......and it took FOURTEEN YEARS to get back to that for 2018......now of course here comes the Negative Nellies to harp on the Losman pick 13 years ago.......some of this crap rivals wading through the PG-13 Gang and their snippets on BBMB (and some of that same gang is now here with their same argumentative garbage).......glad I kept by waders....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I thought this was a political post at first. On a series note I don't think that any reasonable person hates White. I think he's a good player. The only valid complaint is our rinse and repeat cycle with corners. We let them go because we can't afford them only to draft another. I'd be fine letting a corner walk to fill the spot with a cheaper free agent. The issue is using first round picks to replace holes you created. Corners don't win championships for franchises.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

while I'm not overly optimistic as to what the Chiefs record ends up being in regards to what position in next years draft the trade will garner us. We plugged the hole left by Gilmore with a high character / quality player and basically gave ourselves the opportunity to go up and grab whoever we want in next years draft. Although we didn't gain any ground on the defensive front this year, we definitely made a step in the right direction in the grand scheme of things

1. Some people had their heart set on a certain player, such as OJ Howard, Malik Hooker or Reuben Foster. So they are mad we passed on a guy they liked.

2. Some people were going to be upset unless we drafted a Quarterback. Period.

3. Some people think that because we let a starting Cornerback leave in free agency, it is stupid to draft his replacement in the First Round.

4. Some people are going to complain no matter what we do.

5. I'm very happy none of those people are making decisions for the Bills.

It's difficult for many to get excited by a CB because if they do their job well you generally don't see them on TV. I certainly understand the animosity for replacing a 1st round pick lost in FA with another 1st round pick. But the situation is what it is, and I don't think anyone can argue that CB isn't a position of need. I expect them to take another CB on day 3, and a safety as well.

2nd best QB probably. Don't the Browns have 2 1sts and like a million 2s?

For a nice summary of exactly how insane (insanely genius?) the Browns have been:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/04/browns_have_turned_carson_went.html

My nightmare: Brady really does play (and play well) into his mid-40s. Cleveland actually does trade a a couple #1s for Garoppolo and NE reloads with them. Cleveland and NE become the 2 best teams in football. Bills go 6-10 every year for the remainder of the decade and into the next one.

That trade will give us the Best QB in next years draft if we want him....

We have fire power having 2 firsts

No, it will give us a chance to package the two first round picks together, sweeten the pot and get a chance at ONE of the top guys. But it IS a step in the right direction. They will not be HIGH first round picks, especially the Chief's.

2nd best QB probably. Don't the Browns have 2 1sts and like a million 2s?

The Browns first may well be THE first. If the want Darnold, or anyone else, there's no prying him away. (And I think they may own the entire second round. :). ).

No, it will give us a chance to package the two first round picks together, sweeten the pot and get a chance at ONE of the top guys. But it IS a step in the right direction. They will not be HIGH first round picks, especially the Chief's.

The Browns first may well be THE first. If the want Darnold, or anyone else, there's no prying him away. (And I think they may own the entire second round. :). ).

Might have to throw in 2019's 1st depending on where our picks shake out. I like Darnold (unfortunately). I'm not big on Rosen, he has a lot to prove this season. Hoping that some other guys step up too.

edit: Mason Rudolph! That's the name I was trying to think of. He's one to watch too.

Edited by DrDareustein

Might have to throw in 2019's 1st depending on where our picks shake out. I like Darnold (unfortunately). I'm not big on Rosen, he has a lot to prove this season. Hoping that some other guys step up too.

edit: Mason Rudolph! That's the name I was trying to think of. He's one to watch too.

Exactly, and if your sold on a Franchise QB, I'd be all in. Gotta have one.

It's difficult for many to get excited by a CB because if they do their job well you generally don't see them on TV. I certainly understand the animosity for replacing a 1st round pick lost in FA with another 1st round pick. But the situation is what it is, and I don't think anyone can argue that CB isn't a position of need. I expect them to take another CB on day 3, and a safety as well.

I expect White will be viewed as an upgrade to Gilmore after 7 or 8 games. Intelligence, tackling, effort. I never understood how Gilmore was ever considered to be a shutdown corner. Not sure what anybody saw that I missed.

The consensus is KC's 1st rounder will be in the late 20's next year. But there's no guarantee of that with schedules, injuries, and unforeseen events.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills