If Bills Don't Get A Franchise QB In 2018

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will prove that this was a GIGANTIC failure of a move. In a draft where CB was one of the deepest positions, the Bills had a chance to land the BEST of the bunch. Then, at 27, the Bills also decided that picking the 6th or 7th best CB was better than fixing the right side of the line for good.

The Bills organization has failed to make the right decisions for so long that it is tough to put any faith that they will turn that extra first rounder into the franchise QB that has been lacking for so many years. If they pull it off next year, this will be the best move ever. Until that actually happens and they get their guy, I have a hard time believing that this trade down will pay off.

What I don't understand is that by making that move last night, it clearly states that this is a rebuilding year (as if we didn't already know that). If that truly is the case, why the hell is Kyle Williams (and to a lesser extent Shady) still here. Why not make THIS year the one where they go all in to fix the problem? As it stands right now, Browns Jets and and Bills will all be looking to get their guy in 2018. If the Bills miss out by overachieving to that 7-9 record again, they will most assuredly look like they messed up yet another draft in a long line of them.

Lol, white is the 6th or 7th best CB prospect? Maybe on your board, but not anyone else's board. White had a 1st rd grade on most people's board. We got him at 27. Sounds about right, plus we got an additional 1st rd pick and a 3rd. Is Lattimore, with hamstring issues THAT much better than white AND a 3rd round pick for the upcoming season? Then factor in an additional 1st rd pick? I don't get what your saying.

They didn't like any of the QBs, that's why they didn't fix the problem. Just because other teams traded future first rd picks to land one of them doesn't mean it's the right move and their teams will benefit. Time will tell, but we won't know for sure for awhile

This move, this trade and draft selection, sets us up for another season of making a triumphant run at a 7-9, 8-8 type season. Landing us a 12-15th pick next year. Anyone thinking we are going to be able to land the top QB next year is nuts. Even the assumption that next year's QB's are going to be so much better, is nuts.

The Bills just don't like picking QB's, I don't know what else to say... It's like we are trying to prove we can win without one.

Oh well, maybe next year

Howard was not available at 27.

White was ranked as one of the best CBs in the draft by the likes of Chris Trepasso.

Lattimore has a bad injury history which people would definitely have whined about.

Certainly people would have whined about taking a tackle in the first as well.

Stop crying.

Yes for all the injury prone-ness of our best players I am very happy to not have another elite player with a nagging injury history. You can't even plan a roster around a guy like that.

We also have a ton of cap space next year. So we could look at throwing big money at say Garrapalo next year. Nothing says we have to draft one.

This would be such a Billsy move. If they throw big money at Grapplo I think I will jump off Niagra Falls.

IF the top QBs are so great why would any team trade away the chance to draft them?

You could offer me 10 1st round picks and I wouldn't trade the chance to draft Manning Rogers or Brady.

You must be new to the NFL. Trade ups for QBs in the 1st are common. Just in the past few years you have teams trading up for RGIII, Wentz, and Bridgewater.

It will prove that this was a GIGANTIC failure of a move. In a draft where CB was one of the deepest positions, the Bills had a chance to land the BEST of the bunch. Then, at 27, the Bills also decided that picking the 6th or 7th best CB was better than fixing the right side of the line for good.

The Bills organization has failed to make the right decisions for so long that it is tough to put any faith that they will turn that extra first rounder into the franchise QB that has been lacking for so many years. If they pull it off next year, this will be the best move ever. Until that actually happens and they get their guy, I have a hard time believing that this trade down will pay off.

What I don't understand is that by making that move last night, it clearly states that this is a rebuilding year (as if we didn't already know that). If that truly is the case, why the hell is Kyle Williams (and to a lesser extent Shady) still here. Why not make THIS year the one where they go all in to fix the problem? As it stands right now, Browns Jets and and Bills will all be looking to get their guy in 2018. If the Bills miss out by overachieving to that 7-9 record again, they will most assuredly look like they messed up yet another draft in a long line of them.

Surprisingly enough,White was rated as second best in most analytic categories out of the entire CB class this year.He's a bit smaller than prefered,but the kid is smart and can play very well in both man press and zone. Sounds solid.

As to your point on the QB's, there's 4-5 good ones coming next year. The added first certainly doesnt hurt our chances at grabbing one. Keep in mind, a trade for Cousins is still on the books this weekend for SF. Im waiting to see where Cutler and Crapondick land. Hopefully,they win a few games for needy teams this year and push said team's pick behind us.

Now,get us Cunningham tonight,and a RT,and all will be well

You must be new to the NFL. Trade ups for QBs in the 1st are common. Just in the past few years you have teams trading up for RGIII, Wentz, and Bridgewater.

I heard 5 trades for QB's these last 2 years

This move, this trade and draft selection, sets us up for another season of making a triumphant run at a 7-9, 8-8 type season. Landing us a 12-15th pick next year. Anyone thinking we are going to be able to land the top QB next year is nuts. Even the assumption that next year's QB's are going to be so much better, is nuts.

The Bills just don't like picking QB's, I don't know what else to say... It's like we are trying to prove we can win without one.

Oh well, maybe next year

Every new head coach here doesn't want to wait for a rookie QB and that alone proves they won't be good in the NFL a league designed around top talent at the QB position.

The Bills more then likely will have to give up both 2018 1st round picks and a 2019 1st round pick to move up. I think the Bills will have a top 5 pick in 2018 so I can see a team above them moving down to 5 with all those picks but I agree it will be very hard to get a team to move away from a top QB prospect considering how teams now spend a fortune for these prospects. My advice to the Bills is to land Kelly this season as insurance and hope he turns gold, can be had for a 3rd but if they wait longer they will lose out on him as well in my opinion. CJones is a backup at best while Kelly could become great. I hope we get a top prospect in 2018 but banking it all on the hope we get one of the top 3 is a hope for Bills fans that never pans out. I see many fans frustration I to can't understand the QB logic at OBD.

Maybe next year is what the Bills are built on, sadly next year's logic never happens. Loser streak doesn't seam to ever have a ending.

Totally reasonable for Bills fans to start lamenting the 2018 pick now.

When the organization and fanbase are throwing it around like the salvation of the franchise, it's absolutely acceptable to challenge that notion.

Especially when only the first round of the 2017 draft already has fans saying that 2018 is gonna be our year. What a sad state of affairs.

Can we drop the childish Billsy stuff?

Whatever man, I don't like the idea of trading for another teams backup or paying big for another teams backup especially if it is with NE. So I can see the Bills doing it is all I'm saying, sorry if the Billsy thing tipped you the wrong way. Edited by xRUSHx

Totally reasonable for Bills fans to start lamenting the 2018 pick now.

The name of the draft should be changed to crap shoot. Study the dice all you can but it can still be a seven or snake eyes.

It is reasonable for Bills fans to question many of the decisions made by this team over the years.

I like the choice at #1 but I am not sure I like the trade for a few reasons others have already shared.