Would you want a player w the intensity of the Falcons pick?

Dude are you serious man? Someone pee in your cheerios this morning? So because a guy reached his childhood goal and promise to his grandma he now has no other goals to set or in mind? Man, this series of posts about him is just absurd.

It was the way he said it and how emotional he was about it, like this was it... he accomplished what he set out to do and now he can just sit back and enjoy the moment. So it's obvious (to me at least) that getting drafted was his motivation for playing football. Now that he accomplished everything he set out to do, how will he motivate himself... it raises questions I don't want to be asking about a first round pick.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he went through a traumatic situation, promised his grandma on her death bed that he'd fulfill his dream and did that, he had an emotional moment but I saw absolutely nothing wrong with it, love that kind of unscripted emotion but that's just me.

He's not a unique case. There are kids coming out that beat cancer, whose parents and siblings have died, who have gone through terrible ordeals- never seen any of them mouth off on live tv. It's called poise. If you're a big fan of that you're probably a big fan of poorly timed personal foul penalties.

Edited by ndirish1978

I don't know what he's like on the field, but staying away from cameras and microphones should be an immediate topic for discussion. That guy has to get his act together first. Emotions are one thing, that was out of control.

Edited by Augie

I thought it was ridiculous - total Draft LAMP. I txted my son "Glad we didn't pick the clown with the big picture of the old lady"

Why is this guy getting so much crap? Seriously, you guys can't remotely comprehend the work put in, dedication, commitment it took to get to where he is...and then add in the emotions of telling his grandma seconds before she died that he was going to dedicate his life to getting out of the hood through football, a college scholarship, and into the NFL...just to have her pass away to what seems to him with peace over that commitment. Then to actually achieve that...the emotions must have been over whelming...he probably wont hit another emotional moment in his life ever again as meaningful as that draft moment.

Yet I just keep seeing people on here slamming him, telling him to shut up in the shout box, get off the screen just cuz the Bills were on the clock. Some of you have no souls I swear.

Good for him, I hope he goes on to a great career and plays with that passion on the field.

because we didn't make it in the nfl we cannot relate at all? really?!

that's such a lazy statement i stopped reading there.

If he wanted to tell his story, he could have easily done it at his introductory PC at Falcons HQ today in a normal genuine voice. Instead, he did his best impersonation of Clubber Lang in front of the football world to see.

Falcons FO staff had to be mortified, and probably wished they could have a "do over".

Would be amazing if he got fined for cursing on literally his first day in the NFL!

What a clown. Even Deion was appalled.

dieon asking the guy with his newborn baby, the dumb offensive lineman if his kid knew his daddy had money now...was as dumb as the night got.

last night was about as Idiocracy like as an nfl draft could be, with the crap players were wearing to the attitudes and words they spoke.

because we didn't make it in the nfl we cannot relate at all? really?!

that's such a lazy statement i stopped reading there.

That is not what I meant...What I meant was no one can comprehend what he personally went through, so they should not be judging his emotion because they didn't have to walk in his shoes, know what his grandma meant to him, what his promise meant to him, etc.

Didn't mean no one else has gone through their own challenges and successes in their own lives. I can see how my original phrasing may have come across, and didn't mean it that way...hell I have had my own pains, tragedy, successes, failures, etc in my own life like I am sure many others have as that's life.

But I was trying to emphasize is pretty classless to judge his reaction with having no comprehension of his personal journey or what certain things personally meant to him. And I stand by that...to be honest, I just feel bad for a lot of people on here slamming the kid. And I also stand by the comment that the only reason this is being discussed is because it impacted the announcing of the Bills pick.

Edited by Alphadawg7

That is not what I meant...What I meant was no one can comprehend what he personally went through, so they should not be judging his emotion because they didn't have to walk in his shoes, know what his grandma meant to him, what his promise meant to him, etc.

Didn't mean no one else has gone through their own challenges and successes in their own lives. I can see how my original phrasing may have come across, and didn't mean it that way...hell I have had my own pains, tragedy, successes, failures, etc in my own life like I am sure many others have as that's life.

But I was trying to emphasize is pretty classless to judge his reaction with having no comprehension of his personal journey or what certain things personally meant to him. And I stand by that...to be honest, I just feel bad for a lot of people on here slamming the kid. And I also stand by the comment that the only reason this is being discussed is because it impacted the announcing of the Bills pick.

we do not have to comprehend what he went through. We can clearly assess and it seems to be the majority belief that such a reaction is not the indication of a balanced person. Specifically interesting is the situation which he did all of this on. The level of detail be chose, all of the actions taken must be exuded on the football field with the same emotion in order for this man to be redeemed

Wrt to impacting talking about the bills, no. I didn't notice. I'm sure others didn't. And this guy will be out of the league in 5 yrs based on my brief glimpse of his actions last night. And that's all I know of him.

Edited by Boyst62

we do not have to comprehend what he went through. We can clearly assess and it seems to be the majority belief that such a reaction is not the indication of a balanced person. Specifically interesting is the situation which he did all of this on. The level of detail be chose, all of the actions taken must be exuded on the football field with the same emotion in order for this man to be redeemed

Wrt to impacting talking about the bills, no. I didn't notice. I'm sure others didn't. And this guy will be out of the league in 5 yrs based on my brief glimpse of his actions last night. And that's all I know of him.

I generally have a lot of respect for your posts, but your line on this is just way out there for me man. Now he is going to be out of the league in 5 years because of how you think he acted on TV after achieving becoming a first round pick? OK bud...to each their own.