RD 1, Pick 27: Tre'Davious White (CB) - LSU

SDS

Man...

EVERY SINGLE YEAR leading up to the draft, ALL I hear from Bills fans is "the Bills should trade down!". This was ESPECIALLY true this year with all of the needs they have and only having six picks. I also always hear how the Bills should pick up a future 1st round pick so that they can have two 1sts to go after a franchise QB.

So wouldn't you know it? The Bills actually trade down this year, add draft capital in THIS draft AND a 1st round pick in a loaded 2018 QB draft year, still get a top cornerback (their biggest need)...and many Bills fans are bitching.

Some things never change.

The diluted sample while bad really isnt to much of a concern to me but the dumbass excuse is more of the concern

I don't know. Adding a pothead from Alabama to a roster that ALREADY has a pothead from Alabama seems like a recipe for double suspension disaster to me.

Edited by Logic

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In White’s senior season he was the most difficult cornerback to pass against. According to ProFootballFocus he allowed only 41.7 percent of his targets to be completed and he led the nation with a 90.5 overall grade.

Man, what a bum!

Yeah, i have no idea why he was still available at 27

Man...

EVERY SINGLE YEAR leading up to the draft, ALL I hear from Bills fans is "the Bills should trade down!". This was ESPECIALLY true this year with all of the needs they have and only having six picks. I also always hear how the Bills should pick up a future 1st round pick so that they can have two 1sts to go after a franchise QB.

So wouldn't you know it? The Bills actually trade down this year, add draft capital in THIS draft AND a 1st round pick in a loaded 2018 QB draft year, still get a top cornerback (their biggest need)...and many Bills fans are bitching.

As much as i have fragged them over the past two years and this year for their QB choice. I loved how they worked the first round today.

Now start turning me back by finishing out the draft solidly

Man...

I don't know. Adding a pothead from Alabama to a roster that ALREADY has a pothead from Alabama seems like a recipe for double suspension disaster to me.

Yeah true but i think the NFl stops testin for it soon enough. The excuse is more of a concern to me. Own it.

Man...

And the flawed logic with this is that the 2 teams who are #1 & #2 have to be willing to trade and not need said QBs next season. It's funny how that always gets missed and lumped in with their will be better QBs next year crowd...

There were 2 worth risking this year, one went #2 and the other went to KC with our pick to a HC who knows QBs.

Man...

It's just too linear for me. Safe, predictable, status quo pick. Dump Gilmore, draft his replacement and hope he's a stud by 2018.

And KC's first will PROBABLY be enough to trade up for K. William's replacement next year. So forgive me if I'm less than thrilled.

And the flawed logic with this is that the 2 teams who are #1 & #2 have to be willing to trade and not need said QBs next season. It's funny how that always gets missed and lumped in with their will be better QBs next year crowd...

There were 2 worth risking this year, one went #2 and the other went to KC with our pick to a HC who knows QBs.

Why does Reid know QB's? Because his GM drafted McNabb when he was one of the top QB's coming out and they had a high pick like 20 years ago and a desperate need at QB? That means Andy "Knows" QB's? Alex Smith hasn't been anything more with him than he was without him. I mean how do you guys come up with this stuff? PS: Reid hasn't won squat, in fact, he's the junior version of the Bills...4 straight Championship games and 3 losses, and 1 SB loss in 4 consecutive years...at least the Bills made it the dance all 4 years.

Literally every complaint in this whole thread is "they didn't take a player I've heard of" or "they didn't take a QB." Not a single complaint from someone that says "I watched his games and I don't think he will be an NFL success" which at least I could respect. Oh well, actual smart football people are praising the pick, and maybe they're all wrong but at least they didn't come into the draft with 3 names they would be happy with and no one else.

I realize math and logic are frowned upon around here...but here is the equation:

Subtract Gilmore and the 10th pick in the draft.

Add in the players we were able to sign like Hyde after we didnt get locked up on Gilmore's bad contract. Then add one of the top corners in the draft who can actually tackle and lead, additional first round pick, and a 3rd this year.

Looks something like this: Gilmore + 10th pick = Hyde (and multiple players we signed not having to pay Gilmore) + White + Extra 1st next year + extra 3rd this year

We won that exchange big time. But keep pretending that wasn't a good move and go ahead and piss and moan some more.

Fair enough.

Here's the key, though: The BILLS didn't seem to think that there was a QB worth taking a risk on at 10. Maybe you felt that way, but the Bills clearly didn't, or they would have pulled the trigger.

The most telling indicator regarding their feelings about the QBs in this draft, in my opinion, was that shortly after meeting/working out most of the QBs, they signed TJ Yates. It was as if they looked at what was out there in the draft and said "nah, not this year". So what did they do? Drafted defense and acquired extra capital for next year. Time will tell whether QB is the pick next year or whether they even have a shot at a decent one, but it seems clear to me that they didn't view this year's QBs as franchise material. We'll see whether or not they were right in a few years.

I realize math and logic are frowned upon around here...but here is the equation:

Subtract Gilmore and the 10th pick in the draft.

Add in the players we were able to sign like Hyde after we didnt get locked up on Gilmore's bad contract. Then add one of the top corners in the draft who can actually tackle and lead, additional first round pick, and a 3rd this year.

Looks something like this: Gilmore + 10th pick = Hyde (and multiple players we signed not having to pay Gilmore) + White + Extra 1st next year + extra 3rd this year

We won that exchange big time. But keep pretending that wasn't a good move and go ahead and piss and moan some more.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I legitimately couldn't follow this. Can you try a different approach?

The stupid part is not taking a stud like Foster at 27. It's not stupid to take a much less expensive replacement for the next 4-5 years vs overpaying Gilmore. I have zero issue with that. I don't see white as a difference maker and could have had a good DB in the 2nd round. Hated seeing a rookie GM like Lynch promptly move up for Foster. That about says it all.

And yet a team like the Seahawks Let him go and they needed LB's.

And you want to risk reports of possible shoulder issues?

And the off field issues?

no..

You're supposed to draft for the best talent, meaning Reuben Foster.

Time will tell if this was the right pick or not.

He was not best available due to other issues.

Yeah and Seattle gave him the pick. Yet SEA needs lbers. The things that make you go hmmmm when one of the better defenses in the league pass on a "stud" in a position of need.

Exactly

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I legitimately couldn't follow this. Can you try a different approach?

Nope your being difficult.. I followed it fine.

I was pointing out this was not a CB for CB exchange like people are whining about endlessly. People think we let Gilmore walk and had to waste a 1st to replace him. The truth is, the money we saved on Gilmore allowed us to add players like Hyde, among others, in FA. Then we also gained an extra first round pick and an extra third. So we subtracted one player (Gilmore) and our 10th pick, but in return we gained multiple players in FA, one of the top corners in the draft, an extra first round pick, and an extra 3rd round pick.

So what has more value? Gilmore and the 10th pick....or White, an extra first rounder, an extra 3rd, and multiple player signings with the saved cap space from not over paying Gilmore. I think we did pretty darn good.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I was pointing out this was not a CB for CB exchange like people are whining about endlessly. People think we let Gilmore walk and had to waste a 1st to replace him. The truth is, the money we saved on Gilmore allowed us to add players like Hyde, among others, in FA. Then we also gained an extra first round pick and an extra third. So we subtracted one player (Gilmore) and our 10th pick, but in return we gained multiple players in FA, one of the top corners in the draft, an extra first round pick, and an extra 3rd round pick.

So what has more value? Gilmore and the 10th pick....or White, an extra first rounder, an extra 3rd, and multiple player signings with the saved cap space from not over paying Gilmore. I think we did pretty darn good.

Thanks for laying that out differently. I agree with the premise.

A quick revision though... we could have released Tyrod, kept Gilmore, made the signings you mentioned and drafted Mahomes or Watson at 10. I'm not saying that it's definitely a better option. You certainly have more players and perceived value... but if either become franchise QB's that's the better play 100%.

Thanks for laying that out differently. I agree with the premise.

A quick revision though... we could have released Tyrod, kept Gilmore, made the signings you mentioned and drafted Mahomes or Watson at 10. I'm not saying that it's definitely a better option. You certainly have more players and perceived value... but if either become franchise QB's that's the better play 100%.

Could be, but I was only commenting on what actually transpired.

Personally, I think keeping Taylor over Gilmore was a way better move. I would have liked to keep Gilmore, but not anywhere near the price he was able to get. Too many lapses in his game, bad tackling too for the money he got. Plus, he wasn't very durable.

We now have 2 first round picks as ammunition next year to make a move for a QB if Taylor doesn't improve this year. Personally, I think people are underestimating the challenges Taylor has faced while in Buffalo and over looking the fact his biggest issues are correctable and he has done a lot more than people give him credit for. The kid still has upside no matter what people want to believe. That being said, he does still need to show growth this year, and if he doesn't we have ammunition to make a move to get our guy next year. And that is why I love this move today...we filled our biggest hole (DB) and armed ourselves with a valuable pick in this deep draft while adding a major asset next year that we can use as insurance to move up and get a QB if Taylor doesn't work out.

What I would really like to see us do is use one of our 5th rounders on Chad Kelly who seems to have almost as much potential as any QB in this draft.

Could be, but I was only commenting on what actually transpired.

Personally, I think keeping Taylor over Gilmore was a way better move. I would have liked to keep Gilmore, but not anywhere near the price he was able to get. Too many lapses in his game, bad tackling too for the money he got. Plus, he wasn't very durable.

We now have 2 first round picks as ammunition next year to make a move for a QB if Taylor doesn't improve this year. Personally, I think people are underestimating the challenges Taylor has faced while in Buffalo and over looking the fact his biggest issues are correctable and he has done a lot more than people give him credit for. The kid still has upside no matter what people want to believe. That being said, he does still need to show growth this year, and if he doesn't we have ammunition to make a move to get our guy next year. And that is why I love this move today...we filled our biggest hole (DB) and armed ourselves with a valuable pick in this deep draft while adding a major asset next year that we can use as insurance to move up and get a QB if Taylor doesn't work out.

What I would really like to see us do is use one of our 5th rounders on Chad Kelly who seems to have almost as much potential as any QB in this draft.

What team drafting ahead of us is trading out of picking a top QB in 2018?

What team drafting ahead of us is trading out of picking a top QB in 2018?

Maybe Buffalo will be pursuing the best Defensive player in the draft?

Or maybe the Browns found a QB they like, but still end up picking 1st overall?

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/lsu/2015/08/08/became-lsu-tradition/31352635/

How the No. 18 became an LSU tradition

Glenn Guilbeau – gguilbeau@gannett.comPublished 5:18 p.m. CT Aug. 8, 2015 | Updated 3:33 p.m. CT Aug. 9, 2015

BATON ROUGE – LSU director of athletic training Jack Marucci clicked on the NFL Network to catch some of a preseason game and could not believe his ears.

The Philadelphia Eagles were playing, and general manager Howie Roseman was being interviewed in the TV booth. The subject was defensive tackle Bennie Logan, a third-round draft choice out of LSU. But that’s not what knocked Marucci over. LSU has players all over the NFL....

Edited by Logic