McDermott: Teams Calling the Bills about the # 10 Pick

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newsflash: Great players are often found outside of the first 10 picks of the draft. I'm not sure NE has anyone on their roster who was selected in the top 10.

Exactly. GMs are wrong on "surefire" top 10 picks all the time. Getting more players in exchange for picking a little later is completely worth it.

....anybody know when is the last time Blfo had TWO 1sts?......I sure as hell can't remember............

They picked Lee Evans then traded back in to the 1st to get JP Loserman. Then we didn't have a first the following year when Aaron Rodgers kept dropping.

Id like to actually make the playoffs...then worry about championships

and that is what causes you to build a team like KC & Houston. Even harder then to come away with a QB....

rinse and repeat, spin the wheels, groundhog day, QB purgatory etc...

Edited by Reed83HOF

and that is what causes you to build a team like KC & Houston. Even harder then to come away with a QB....

rinse and repeat, spin the wheels, groundhog day, QB purgatory etc...

Our QB we currently have is just as good as KC's and better then Houston's.

If we had the defense EITHER of those teams had we would be IN the playoffs.

I think they desperately want Cleveland to get back into the top ten to take a QB.

I was thinking the same thing.

Ole Cleveland and their moneyball antics are going to stock pile picks, trade back down into the first for a QB and still walk away with picks to play with.

Our QB we currently have is just as good as KC's and better then Houston's.

If we had the defense EITHER of those teams had we would be IN the playoffs.

and just like them; just as QUICKLY back OUT.

I guess that is where I don't understand the mindset of just getting to the playoffs; the goal and direction should be championship or bust. Just getting to the playoffs with a QB who won't win a game for you when you need it is a lost cause. It also sets you back further in trying to win while you are in the payoffs since you never address the QB issue. It's quite frankly a bad way to build a team...

There is a big difference between a team getting to the playoffs with a flawed QB like Alex Smith, TT, Tom Savage vs a team such as the Raiders and eventually Tenn & TB - good developing QBs.

and just like them; just as QUICKLY back OUT.

I guess that is where I don't understand the mindset of just getting to the playoffs; the goal and direction should be championship or bust. Just getting to the playoffs with a QB who won't win a game for you when you need it is a lost cause. It also sets you back further in trying to win while you are in the payoffs since you never address the QB issue. It's quite frankly a bad way to build a team...

There is a big difference between a team getting to the playoffs with a flawed QB like Alex Smith, TT, Tom Savage vs a team such as the Raiders and eventually Tenn & TB - good developing QBs.

You dont know that....cant say that until it actually happens.

They picked Lee Evans then traded back in to the 1st to get JP Loserman. Then we didn't have a first the following year when Aaron Rodgers kept dropping.

...thanks bro....great history lesson.....the old codger skipped his meds today.... :thumbsup: ..can't find my teeth either............

Move down and take Mahomes, have the ammo to move from 44 to the mid-late 20s and get one of Davis / Williams / Ross and still walk out with an extra 2nd, 3rd or high 4th would be my dream scenario.

Moving back for Mahomes AND trading up for a WR almost for sure does NOT net us extra picks.

Getting Mahomes AND Davis or Williams intrigues me. But, with trading around to do so would be lucky or include everything to line up perfectly to do so and with unknown risk at some point in the evening.

But, if we got both I would be pumped AND drunk!

Go Bills! Big night!

Houston wants Mahomes. We will get their 1st, 2nd and 4th this year. And next years 1st. Done.

I would do that UNLESS we LOVE Mahomes and have him graded high!

would love to move back. If Cleveland trades down it will be at 9 and not at 10 will the bills.

Disagree. If Bengals want a QB they probably won't trade with Cleveland, in their division, to give them their QB.

When do teams ever trade up for safeties, corners or tight ends?

All 3 of those positions are absolutely loaded this year. Why give up picks for a position where you'll be able to get a great player at any of those positions in the 2nd round?

Mostly true...CB is done more than the other two. For example, Revis and Claiborne.

You dont know that....cant say that until it actually happens.

I really want to say watch the Raiders this year, but the moving to Vegas thing may drag the team down a bit. That team is primed to keep getting better. Mariotta has looked very good for Tenn, give them some WRs they will improve. If KC gets a QB who can make plays watch out.

BTW it has happened:

Go back and look Big Ben, Peyton and Brady are 14 of the last 16 AFC superbowl QBs

I really want to say watch the Raiders this year, but the moving to Vegas thing may drag the team down a bit. That team is primed to keep getting better. Mariotta has looked very good for Tenn, give them some WRs they will improve. If KC gets a QB who can make plays watch out.

BTW it has happened:

Go back and look Big Ben, Peyton and Brady are 14 of the last 16 AFC superbowl QBs

Do you really think there is a qb of these names caliber in the draft when the talent evaluators all say there is not a day 1 starter

Hoping that a qb is of this caliber will not make it so.....it will just mean we are still searching for that qb

Think a trade down would end up with Reddick as our pick--he seems to fit the Panthers' LB "type"--though I get worried about those guys whose draft stock rises so much so late in the process (before the Senior Bowl he was a mid to high second and now he's a potential pick at ten--but I'm just some schmuck!!!).

With the extra pick, we can target a CB that will fits the McDermott zone scheme well (King or Tankersley) after we nab the top available WR with pur original pick two--like Zay Jones or JuJu, etc.

Do you really think there is a qb of these names caliber in the draft when the talent evaluators all say there is not a day 1 starter

Hoping that a qb is of this caliber will not make it so.....it will just mean we are still searching for that qb

Rodgers wasn't a day one starter....