Joe Thomas has memory loss

Just saw this article. As someone who's been dealing with post concussion syndrome or mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI or TBI) what he describes here is CLASSIC MTBI symptom. That's already well documented. NFL is going to face an even bigger lawsuit in the future about work related injuries unless they made every player sign away that legal right in their contracts.

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/38607/Joe-Thomas-Suffering-From-Memory-Loss

i wonder if he could pass a meaningful concussion test that would truly clear him to play. i admittedly dont know enough on brain function and testing but it has me curious.

I think they take a baseline test every year(?) but if he's already got it. is baseline going to be a true "basline"?. he's still going to be allowed to play.

I can tell you from having it What percy Harvin had was post concussion syndrome. The constant migraine holy crap I've had that for 7 years. It's NO FUN. But that's just one aspect of it. It IMPAIRS your judgement, and slows down your ability to think. they get worse when you do physical activity, or get hit. IF only NFL poeple understand this better, they'd have avoided drafting Harvin or signing him again. Yes he now has money to live comfortably and get top dollar docs for treatment BUT man the way medical treatments being so expensive in the US, I don't know if his millions will cover it to be honest.

Everyone knows the risk. Just seeing ali drool all over himself gives us a clue....

I have no sympathy

Never feel sorry for someone who has millions.

millions mean jack when your brain no longer works. compassion is a good value for humans. not just for saints.

I think they take a baseline test every year(?) but if he's already got it. is baseline going to be a true "basline"?. he's still going to be allowed to play.

I can tell you from having it What percy Harvin had was post concussion syndrome. The constant migraine holy crap I've had that for 7 years. It's NO FUN. But that's just one aspect of it. It IMPAIRS your judgement, and slows down your ability to think. they get worse when you do physical activity, or get hit. IF only NFL poeple understand this better, they'd have avoided drafting Harvin or signing him again. Yes he now has money to live comfortably and get top dollar docs for treatment BUT man the way medical treatments being so expensive in the US, I don't know if his millions will cover it to be honest.

oh i get the system in place and assume he will play, but i meant a meaningful one with actual health in mind and not just the lowest clearance of getting in a game based on the policy.

i almost specifically noted the baseline issues in my original post.

Just saw this article. As someone who's been dealing with post concussion syndrome or mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI or TBI) what he describes here is CLASSIC MTBI symptom. That's already well documented. NFL is going to face an even bigger lawsuit in the future about work related injuries unless they made every player sign away that legal right in their contracts.

This is unlikely.

millions mean jack when your brain no longer works. compassion is a good value for humans. not just for saints.

I feel bad for him but I don't think he, or anyone else, should be able to seek further compensation because of their condition.

Everyone knows the risk. Just seeing ali drool all over himself gives us a clue....

I have no sympathy

Never feel sorry for someone who has millions.

no.... that was Parkinson's for Ali, nothing to do with taking endless punishment from the best of his day and devastating sluggers like Shavers.

I am not meaning to be a jerk, but this is assumption of risk. If by now, with all the research and how this has been in the news, you dont' know this WILL happen, I don't know what to tell you.

If I sit on my butt 10 hours a day doing work for a company is that company responsible if I'm unhealthy and overweight?

Edited by TheTruthHurts