Potential Gillislee Replacement

Just an update to my OP:

http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2717515-nfl-rookies-who-already-look-like-draft-day-steals

First player listed as a draft-day steal: Samaje Perine...

#justsayin'

Which is great for the Redskins, not so much for us. If he's great (which he might well be), you can take the trophy (participation of course!)

• 2 weeks later...

While finding guys like Shady are pretty hard to find finding running backs that can give you good production really are NOT that hard to find especially if you have a good run blocking OL.

IMO the fact that the bills didnt freak out after losing Gili means they think they have guys that can get it done on the roster.

I am a Jon Williams fan....I think he is going to be fine.

While finding guys like Shady are pretty hard to find finding running backs that can give you good production really are NOT that hard to find especially if you have a good run blocking OL.

IMO the fact that the bills didnt freak out after losing Gili means they think they have guys that can get it done on the roster.

I am a Jon Williams fan....I think he is going to be fine.

I have an open mind with Jwill and also am rooting for the UB kid. I think Tolbert can contribute in pass pro and goal line. But I also think there might be a cut or two around the league that might make sense to add. Edited by YoloinOhio

I have an open mind with Jwill and also am rooting for the UB kid. I think Tolbert can contribute in pass pro and goal line. But I also think there might be a cut or two around the league that might make sense to add.

Yeah, there is a hole at the #2 RB. I may be more negative on JWILL than some but his feet looked awfully slow to me. That's not a good recipe for an NFL back. Fortunately there are some options out there. This is something that the Bills will need to address. Deangelo Williams is my favorite but would listen on Chris Johnson, Rashad Jennings, James Starks, Justin Forsett or Ronnie Hillman.

Yeah, there is a hole at the #2 RB. I may be more negative on JWILL than some but his feet looked awfully slow to me. That's not a good recipe for an NFL back. Fortunately there are some options out there. This is something that the Bills will need to address. Deangelo Williams is my favorite but would listen on Chris Johnson, Rashad Jennings, James Starks, Justin Forsett or Ronnie Hillman.

Agree on Williams.

Agree on Williams.

Williams would be ideal, but remember reading a fairly recent article in which he made it clear he wants to go to a contender, and I don't think that's how the Bills are viewed.

Would not be surprised or disappointed by a look at Hillman - he struggled last year, but was good with Dennison in Denver the year prior with 863 yards and 7 touchdowns.

Plus, although last year was poor with 2.8 YPC, he's put up the following (YPC/year): 3.9/2012, 4.0/2013, 4.1/2014, 4.2/2015.

History of production and scheme familiarity - there are worse tires to kick.

The slow feet & hesitation can be explained by his lingering injury last year.

But the fumbling cannot.

I've been beating the drum for DeAngelo W. on these boards for a while now. I haven't seen receivers out of the backfield that are any better. The kid from UB will probably be our PS back.

The slow feet & hesitation can be explained by his lingering injury last year.

But the fumbling cannot.

28 touches over 16 games is a pretty small sample size. One of them he got hit 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and right out of a hand-off (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000767053/Jonathan-Williams-fumbles-recovered-by-Sheldon-Richardson).

Edited by dneveu

I've been beating the drum for DeAngelo W. on these boards for a while now. I haven't seen receivers out of the backfield that are any better. The kid from UB will probably be our PS back.

Im going to guess from his comments here that while he didn't outright name the Bills as a team he won't play for, they wouldn't be high on his list given 1)their Panthers connections and 2)how he referred to the Browns and Jags being "excited" about winning rather than expecting it.http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19973221/free-agent-rb-deangelo-williams-lists-four-teams-want-play-for