Potential Gillislee Replacement

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post. Welcome aboard. Perfect example of a good post imo.

I'd love to grab Perinne in rd 5 but I think he's going to go rd 3-4. Not sure if draft him in either of those though. I think there will be better value in those rounds, perinne is good value in 5+ imo.

.....another name mentioned around here is the Pitt kid, Conner, from Whaley's alma mater.....if you're targeting a RB somewhere in the 3rd-5th and both are available, who do you take?.....

That is a very tough choice! The only things I noticed more of from Perine than Conner was that Perine flashed a little more in the pass catching and pass blocking than Conner did. Generally, though, their runs and running styles are very similar, although I would stick with my initial post, saying that Perine "bounces" off more tacklers, while Conner drives through more of them. Some of Conner's best runs show him dragging people until they just can't hang on anymore. Both are very good, and it's hard to argue which style is "better". His pass catching and blocking have me giving Perine a slight edge, but only slight. I don't know how other teams are viewing Conner, but Walter Football has him ranked at #17. If Perine is gone by the 5th--definite possibility--I am all for landing Conner, but either would be excellent 5th round pick.

Nice post. Welcome aboard. Perfect example of a good post imo.

I'd love to grab Perinne in rd 5 but I think he's going to go rd 3-4. Not sure if draft him in either of those though. I think there will be better value in those rounds, perinne is good value in 5+ imo.

Thanks much!

Yeah, I'm just hoping he slides, because his value in the 5th would be a real steal!

That is a very tough choice! The only things I noticed more of from Perine than Conner was that Perine flashed a little more in the pass catching and pass blocking than Conner did. Generally, though, their runs and running styles are very similar, although I would stick with my initial post, saying that Perine "bounces" off more tacklers, while Conner drives through more of them. Some of Conner's best runs show him dragging people until they just can't hang on anymore. Both are very good, and it's hard to argue which style is "better". His pass catching and blocking have me giving Perine a slight edge, but only slight. I don't know how other teams are viewing Conner, but Walter Football has him ranked at #17. If Perine is gone by the 5th--definite possibility--I am all for landing Conner, but either would be excellent 5th round pick.

...thanks for the assessment.. :thumbsup: ....just don't get to see college ball, but this helps......

not so sure we spend a 3rd on RB, and I think thats where Perine gets picked. I think Corey Clements out of Wisconsin would be a good fit. I believe we'll be running a lot of plays out of "heavy" formations and Wisconsin does a ton of this. Clements could be had in the 5-6

Thanks much!

Yeah, I'm just hoping he slides, because his value in the 5th would be a real steal!

I just want to mention, great point of discussion.

But better yet is your informative defense of the player and why he would fit as a Bill.

Well done indeed.

I love these kinds of runners. I bet some Bills coaches do too. Heck maybe even some of our O line would like to assist this kid get some steam rolling ? i the fifth? yes sir

You know Whaley is going to use the Patriots 5th rounder to grab a RB and pray he can do what karlos/TD Mike did.

It's a guarantee. We got embarrassed trying to lowball gillislee so the only way to not look inept and pathetic is to get a gem runner that wins the #2 spot.

So yeah this guy looks awesome, but remember he's breaking tackles on college kids not NFL animals.

If he's there in the 5th hopefully we grab him. I sure wouldn't wanna tackle that joker.

You know Whaley is going to use the Patriots 5th rounder to grab a RB and pray he can do what karlos/TD Mike did.

It's a guarantee. We got embarrassed trying to lowball gillislee so the only way to not look inept and pathetic is to get a gem runner that wins the #2 spot.

So yeah this guy looks awesome, but remember he's breaking tackles on college kids not NFL animals.

If he's there in the 5th hopefully we grab him. I sure wouldn't wanna tackle that joker.

What if the backup is Jonathan Williams? You know, last years third round pick that may be the reason they didn't want to overpay MG. Adrian Peterson signed for less, that's ridiculous. He's still 10 times the back MG is.

• 2 months later...