Dareus play will make or break this Defense

If # 99 can stay healthy and motivated he can be one of the best defenders in this league, period. His strength , size and ability to be so nimble on his feet are truly special for a DT. The last time we were in a 4 man front, Dareus and the D line were DOMINANT.

Yes we had Mario in his prime but we still have Kyle who seems to be ageless, Jerry who has to be licking his lips to get back in a 4-3 and play next to # 99 and 95.

Throw in Lawson who is a question mark but has serious potential and whose game I feel is MUCH better suited for a 43 End. Shaq is a strong,big dude guys, and that spin move is going to be some trademark.

These guys are all very good players in their own right but if Dareus plays dominating football on a consistent basis he makes the whole line and defense much better and get this DLine back into the conversation of 'Best DL in the NFL'.

As well as getting our defense back into the Top 10 , if not Top 5. And remember when we had that great defense, they were consistently bailing out a terrible , joke of an offense.

An improved D will make our already top 10 Offense look much better and allow Dareus and Co. to be more aggressive as a DL, which imo, adds up to more W's!!!

If # 99 can stay healthy and motivated he can be one of the best defenders in this league, period. His strength , size and ability to be so nimble on his feet are truly special for a DT. The last time we were in a 4 man front, Dareus and the D line were DOMINANT.

Yes we had Mario in his prime but we still have Kyle who seems to be ageless, Jerry who has to be licking his lips to get back in a 4-3 and play next to # 99 and 95.

Throw in Lawson who is a question mark but has serious potential and whose game I feel is MUCH better suited for a 43 End. Shaq is a strong,big dude guys, and that spin move is going to be some trademark.

These guys are all very good players in their own right but if Dareus plays dominating football on a consistent basis he makes the whole line and defense much better and get this DLine back into the conversation of 'Best DL in the NFL'.

As well as getting our defense back into the Top 10 , if not Top 5. And remember when we had that great defense, they were consistently bailing out a terrible , joke of an offense.

An improved D will make our already top 10 Offense look much better and allow Dareus and Co. to be more aggressive as a DL, which imo, adds up to more W's!!!

It is time for Marcel to quit fartin around and sit at the head of the table......

personally I think change in scheme will bring him back around

These individualized hype threads.....like Jon Williams is a beast! and Jerel Worthy and Marcel Dareus takes just days before the draft.......after, basically months of silence on such topics........ are effectively just people sensing the pending disappointment of draft day and taking pre-emptive measures to find silver linings to combat the letdown. :rolleyes:

Marcell was pretty darn good when on the field last year too. Everyone seems to be clouded by anger.

He was pretty darn good , but that's a bad year for his talent level. He has the ability to be dominant on a weekly basis, af and this D needs that to return to form and this scheme is a great fit and McD seems like a great fit to hold Dareus accountable

I feel the seem way about Reggie Ragland

To me this draft pick, yet to play a single NFL game, is gonna make or break our D in 2017

After-all we traded up for him, he's a 2nd rounder, with a first round pedigree

If the guy can really stop the run, its a game changer for us

jc

Kool-aid is flowing strong this time of the year. I used to be a very optimistic fan, but observations and the results of the past 17 years, but most importantly the past 3 lead me to be very skeptical. Others have said it better than me in other threads...

This is an entirely different team that is aging since we had a good D with Schwartz. Statistically it was good, but we still had out fair share of defensive letdowns. I really fear that many here expect it it all of a sudden be this great top 5 defense.

maxresdefault.jpg

Nice post. A lot of what will determine 99's dominance will be related to his bad habbits in his personal life.

One would hope his mindset would be to prove again how dominant he is after last years suspension, injury, etc.

Also, the defensive scheme he played in for the past 2 seasons. Was something he was a bit vocal in. IMO that was a

positive sign that he cares about his role on the defense. He has let the team down (drug suspensions). His next offense is a 10 game suspension.

Lets hope thats all behind him. i think he will dominate this year. And prove he is worth the obscene extension he got.

Could someone help explain why there is a consensus that we need linebackers (or that the backers we have don't fit the scheme). I know Ragland is a thumper, but can he play the weak side? Who will start in the middle, if he can't? if Ragland starts in the middle, can Brown play weekside? I'm just confused.