Bills decline to match Gillislee offer sheet

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a big reason for the strong running game. Now we have McCoy and not much.

MG was the third leading rusher on the team, THIRD! Let's not get carried away...here's the list of importance to Bills running game.

1) OLine

2) Shady

3) TT

4) MG

Reading some of the Pats' fans responses on social media, they don't seem that impressed with the signing and questioned the amount of money towards, even some are asking "who??".

And why would they be? Their passing game has it in spades over that of the Bills and they win regardless of who plays RB. Yet some Bills fans fret over who the backup RB is. Most of whom likely knew next to nothing about Gillislee when the Bills signed him. They'll find another guy to fill in that spot at an appropriate salary level. And backup RB will have next to no impact on if the Bills earn a WC berth this season or not.

Oh come on, don't put that bad juju on us. I doubt he ever reaches FA.

We're talking about the Bills here. never say it couldn't happen.

MG was the third leading rusher on the team, THIRD! Let's not get carried away...here's the list of importance to Bills running game.

1) OLine

2) Shady

3) TT

4) MG

What happens if McCoy is out?

Replying to @JoeBuscaglia

Bills let 5.7 ypc dominant short yardage, goaline back, backup and their apparent to 29 yr old shady get away over another tender blunder.

@chrisbrownbills

Just an interesting note. #Bills get pick No. 163 overall from Pats for Gillislee. Gillislee pick No. 164 by Miami in 2013 draft.

gotta love the effort to try and make fans feel better...either way i still think we came away on the low end of the deal...but what do i know? I mean Bills spend money like drunkin sailors and then can't seem to scrounge up $900,000 for a 2nd round protection for a guy who averaged 3 points a game for us last year? Even if we still lost him i wouldn't have cared because of the 2nd rounder, but a bottom 5th from the Pats makes it feel like they took a dump on our faces.

And why would they be? Their passing game has it in spades over that of the Bills and they win regardless of who plays RB. Yet some Bills fans fret over who the backup RB is. Most of whom likely knew next to nothing about Gillislee when the Bills signed him. They'll find another guy to fill in that spot at an appropriate salary level. And backup RB will have next to no impact on if the Bills earn a WC berth this season or not.

Not saying they would be. I find it comical that some of the fans here are getting all upset and saying it is a bad move. Yet, the Pat fans aren't praising the move like they did for the second coming I mean Chris Hogan.

This is the type of move the Pats receive praise and kudos for, yet, we don't.

Lol, I absolutely love that the back up is the best player in the room always.

We had Karlos before we had to pick MG up off the street. Not to say MG isn't a heck of a talent, he is... but I just can't help but see so many people freaking out over this.

As if the off season is done. The draft has come and went, cuts before the season have come and went. There is just absolutely no way to replace a back up RB.

We're talking about the Bills here. never say it couldn't happen.

What happens if McCoy is out?

Replying to @JoeBuscaglia

Bills let 5.7 ypc dominant short yardage, goaline back, backup and their apparent to 29 yr old shady get away over another tender blunder.

What do you mean? Are you asking because you don't know? Obviously next man up, in this case JWill or a draft pick. Not that complicated and not that big of a difference.

Who the heck is Bryan Henning? I am asking because I don't know.

Lol, I absolutely love that the back up is the best player in the room always.

We had Karlos before we had to pick MG up off the street. Not to say MG isn't a heck of a talent, he is... but I just can't help but see so many people freaking out over this.

As if the off season is done. The draft has come and went, cuts before the season have come and went. There is just absolutely no way to replace a back up RB.

Read post 133.

To anyone saying a 5th round pick is adequate compensation for a RB that led the NFL in yards per carry last year for a team that is trying to build a run-first offense, I'd just like to point out this team just gave up getting a 3rd & 4th next year for Ducasse and Davis. (who combined will now be making approximately what we would have had to pay to match Gillislee's offer, so not even a salary cap benefit)

I'd prefer Gillislee + 3rd round pick + 4th round pick over Ducasse/Davis. I'm not convinced anyone currently at OBD knows how to build/maintain an NFL roster..

What do you mean? Are you asking because you don't know? Obviously next man up, in this case JWill or a draft pick. Not that complicated and not that big of a difference.

"Not that big of a difference" couldn't be more wrong. This was just a tweet from the average fan.

i asked that before and it's some random twitter person. apparently this poster just keeps posting tweets from random people he follows

Maybe the coaches watched the films and seen the holes these guys had to run through. If other teams review the Bills they would look to prevent that from happening to them when they play the Bills. It's unlikely that either one would get the number of long runs as last year. My feeling is Mike would have turned back into a pumpkin next season. Coaching staff might have felt they could get the same production for less money next year. He had the perfect storm last year. I doubt teams will let them get away with those runs next year.