NFL networks final mock draft

Buffaloed in Pa

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wearing more than just that hat I pray!

Please refrain from making what might be percieved as threats against the front office...this is not what this board is about, so if you would like to continue making comments such as these please do it somewhere else

Their board (according to Leroi and confirmed elsewhere) is:

- Thomas

- Davis

- Lattimore

- Howard

- Ross

I suspect that they will try to slide down a little but I don't expect anyone else. Davis is the likely pick.

I am not saying Leroi is not connected - but I have some doubting questions here...

1. Why would he leak their board? As a fan - if I had access to their board, the last thing I would do is make it public knowledge. (maybe he is not a fan...I sincerely have no idea)

2. A teams draft board seems so guarded - why would they give this information up to someone - especially someone who would leak it on a popular Bills message board? I'm not saying teams our scouring message boards for information - but I certainly wouldn't chance it.

IDK...if I am being cynical, I apologize.

I am not saying Leroi is not connected - but I have some doubting questions here...

1. Why would he leak their board? As a fan - if I had access to their board, the last thing I would do is make it public knowledge. (maybe he is not a fan...I sincerely have no idea)

2. A teams draft board seems so guarded - why would they give this information up to someone - especially someone who would leak it on a popular Bills message board? I'm not saying teams our scouring message boards for information - but I certainly wouldn't chance it.

I am on the same page as you with this. Believe me, I have fallen for "insiders" before and followed their every word during a draft process.

based on his posts (and only those) - I am going to guess that he works for the team and has access to info but is not a fan of the team.

based on his posts (and only those) - I am going to guess that he works for the team and has access to info but is not a fan of the team.

I do take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt (there have been some things which haven't come to pass) but he was right on about McDermott and has made a number of leaks in advance that turned out to be true.

To be honest I appreciate the people with information that share here.

As far as problems for the Bills, I guarantee every NFL team has a mock draft and can pinpoint who we are really looking at. I don't think NFL teams learn anything but we fans get some insight not seen on ESPN or Buffalo News.

Could you kindly link to that and the confirmation. I mean, smokescreen season and everything, but I would like to hear.

I would prefer Williams to Davis, but I've heard that a lot of scouts think Davis is better.

I like the idea of Davis or Howard. If Solomon Thomas by some miracle drops to 10 I don't see how you don't take him. Similar thoughts on Lattimore. Ew on Ross.

I can't do that unfortunately. The Leroi post is in the draft thread though if you want to see it.

I am on the same page as you with this. Believe me, I have fallen for "insiders" before and followed their every word during a draft process.

The big difference is he hasn't been wrong on this sort of info. He has provided stuff, never reported that turned out to be true. He wouldn't have put it up here if it wasn't true. I am not sure of his motivation but I am sure of his information.

Rob Rang is one of the more accurate mock draft guys and he has us taking OJ Howard.

What a colossal mistake that would be.

Can't agree at all with this. Depending on what happens 1-9, Howard could well be the BPA, by FAR, if he's there. I doubt he will be.

It's more than understandable to question the motivation. It is almost certainly the truth though. Now we don't know the distance between the grades, etc... A trade down can be on the table still. Things can change but I would expect the Bills to take those guys in that order.

It's more than understandable to question the motivation. It is almost certainly the truth though. Now we don't know the distance between the grades, etc... A trade down can be on the table still. Things can change but I would expect the Bills to take those guys in that order.

Yes Leroi said as well he will know more this week.

99% of TEs aren't impact players? Or 99% of those taken top 10 aren't impact players? I'm guessing it's the latter but it's a pretty small sample size because you don't see a lot of elite TE prospects developed in college systems. They tend to not use them anywhere near the way NFL offenses do. I think the trend toward using a mismatch elite TE and multiple TE packages in offenses though has elevated their value.

There are plenty of talented TEs in the league. Very few are utilized properly.

Buffalo isn't among those teams who lean on their TEs. Therefore, OJ Howard would be a waste for the Bills at 10. A team like NO, NE, KC...yeah.

There are plenty of talented TEs in the league. Very few are utilized properly.

Buffalo isn't among those teams who lean on their TEs. Therefore, OJ Howard would be a waste for the Bills at 10. A team like NO, NE, KC...yeah.

Dennison certainly hopes to change that - per Tyrod

I'm not sure why everybody likes Mike Williams more than Cory Davis? none of Mike Williams highlights have him running away from anybody. I like Cory Davis I like his body type I like his speed I like his hands and a lot of his highlights, he is running away from people after catching the a short pass if it's going to be my decision making Davis.

Dennison certainly hopes to change that - per Tyrod

So it is Dennison is magically going to be able to help TT get accurate, read a defense, stand in the pocket and not run, and be able to throw with anticipation? We should have hired him years ago....

I'm not sure why everybody likes Mike Williams more than Cory Davis? none of Mike Williams highlights have him running away from anybody. I like Cory Davis I like his body type I like his speed I like his hands and a lot of his highlights, he is running away from people after catching the a short pass if it's going to be my decision making Davis.

It's not "everybody" at all, it is just some people. And probably less than half at this point.

Rob Rang is one of the more accurate mock draft guys and he has us taking OJ Howard.

What a colossal mistake that would be.

If you really believe that, sorry but you don't know anything about football. He makes us better in both the passing and running game

Edited by ndirish1978

No matter who is picked in the 1st, there is going to be fan outrage. I know this because there isn't a single player (or even position) I've seen mentioned as a possibility where there is close to a consensus here. Probably the closest thing to a consensus that people agree on is a trade down for more picks. But after that it's been a free for all.

It's because trading down is the only effective strategy. If you actually make a player selection with any pick you have in the draft then you're an idiot and moron. Two picks in the next draft is always better than one in current one. the Bills could trade away their whole draft and have like 34 7th round picks. You're bound to hit on one if you select 34 QBs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.