Reuben Foster Failed Drug Test at Combine

Kids? Selling wine? Like a lemonade stand? :)

I'm with you there, who cares? But you have to enforce rules. I hope the weed trend continues for a variety of reasons. A recent trip to Denver impressed me. They seem to be managing the whole thing well, and it's better for everyone if they can eliminate the sketchy aspects while generating huge sin tax revenue.

yes. that is a tax we can all get behind.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't they just test him again? He didn't fail for traces of drugs, but excessive water consumption. I think I'd dig into it further to see what really happened. Could be a steal.

32 teams are certainly digging. If we don't have someone in his hometown, on his college campus, etc... talking to EVERYONE than we deserve this streak. Dudes a perfect fit at a key position and might be a devalued asset compared to his potential contributions--- we better know everything about him and his potential risks.

Why wouldn't they just test him again? He didn't fail for traces of drugs, but excessive water consumption. I think I'd dig into it further to see what really happened. Could be a steal.

I heard Gil Brandt speak about he handled " pot situation in his day " His view which I liked is the following; does the player smoke pot or is he a pot smoker. At the end of the day they a college kids. Is the player waking and baking or is he taking a bong hit on Saturday night.

the other issue is players are prescribed opiate based drugs but not allow to smoke weed. That makes little sense

32 teams are certainly digging. If we don't have someone in his hometown, on his college campus, etc... talking to EVERYONE than we deserve this streak. Dudes a perfect fit at a key position and might be a devalued asset compared to his potential contributions--- we better know everything about him and his potential risks.

I would be more concerned with his shoulders

Why wouldn't they just test him again? He didn't fail for traces of drugs, but excessive water consumption diuretic use as a masking agent. I think I'd dig into it further to see what really happened. Could be a steal.

Fixed that for you.

Mixon is still in play in the latter rounds. All he did was punch a girl in the face. Reuben Foster probably smoked POT!!

Foster has several red flags. Not saying he should be completely off the board, but he reportedly has a shoulder problem, issues with learning/understanding playbooks, got sent home from combine for going after medical personnel, and the drug thing. I agree on the surface just smoking pot isn't the worst thing but in NFL terms the next time he tests positive it is 4 games. Randy Gregory is a cautionary tale. Edited by YoloinOhio

Mixon is still in play in the latter rounds. All he did was punch a girl in the face. Reuben Foster probably smoked POT!!

Imagine if he'd been caught in the depths of an ether binge.

There is nothing more depraved than that!

Foster has several red flags. Not saying he should be completely off the board, but he reportedly has a shoulder problem, issues with learning/understanding playbooks, got sent home from combine for going after medical personnel, and the drug thing. I agree on the surface just smoking pot isn't the worst thing but in NFL terms the next time he tests positive it is 4 games. Randy Gregory is a cautionary tale.

Don't forget at least 2 or 3 concussions. The list may add up to push him down.....but how far?

I'm not sure just smoking is the problem. The problem is that you know when the test is, you know it's against the rules, you know it will cost you a lot of money in draft position, yet you decide to do it anyway.

which goes back to common sense and decision making... I think it goes back to what Polian said once that if you fail the combine drug test you either have a drug problem and can't stay away, or you are just stupid. Neither is good.

I will add that the results are confidential so there could be players who failed and we don't know, will be in the program and we don't know. Of course, the teams all know. Both Gregory and Foster chose to disclose it themselves to public, likely at the advice of their agents.