Reuben Foster Failed Drug Test at Combine

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? A guy with RF's skill set is exactly what we need in coach's scheme. Or maybe you were just kidding?

Question is, who is this guy? Donta Hightower or Rolando McClain.

Care to roll the dice?

Yes Foster is a great talent. I think we have LBs with very good skillsets and talent potential in the position. And greater needs elsewhere.

I heard Gil Brandt speak about he handled " pot situation in his day " His view which I liked is the following; does the player smoke pot or is he a pot smoker. At the end of the day they a college kids. Is the player waking and baking or is he taking a bong hit on Saturday night.

the other issue is players are prescribed opiate based drugs but not allow to smoke weed. That makes little sense

I would be more concerned with his shoulders

I could care less about the pot. What I would care about is the player not being committed enough to this professional opportunity to ensure drug tests always pass...

Take a month or two off knowing you'll soon have the means to obtain the finest dank in all the land, and consume it about 8-9 month out of the year as often as you wish.

http://deadspin.com/its-remarkably-easy-to-beat-nfl-drug-testing-1695935246/amp

Edit- im sure canton is filled with cannabis users.

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

Better than Buffalo Mack?

Fair point. Different type of linebacker though. Foster isn't as much of a pass rusher, but he has the chance to be more versatile than Mack. Like Key-Clee. That is, if he shapes up and stops acting like a dumb ass.

Yes Foster is a great talent. I think we have LBs with very good skillsets and talent potential in the position. And greater needs elsewhere.

Assuming Ragland is our Mike...who is our Will?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suspensions_in_the_National_Football_League

Same thing seems to happen all over the country. Bell was a Spartan, Spence was a Buckeye until...., but seriously why all the Bama hate?

Please. I have no hate for the Tide. I prolly admire the product Saban puts on the field year in and year out more than any other college program. I love their swag. If I pull against them sometimes its out of respect for their greatness and a desire to see the underdog pull an upset (I have no affiliation). And of course players from all teams can and do screw up majorly, but there have been concerns/questions about lapses in discipline at Bama for a number of years running now. And maybe the spotlight shines a bit more brightly on them because some of their screw ups have been very or relatively high end prospects like McClain, Dareus, and now CK. In the later two cases it hits uncomfortably close to home. So when Foster has a bad look at the combine and follows up with a bonehead failed drug test it can become a case of twice bitten thrice shy.

You are correct. With millions of dollars on the line and a life of luxury playing a sport for a living. It really takes stupidity and irresponsibility to a new level when it is a drug you can't even get physically addicted to.

They guy is a dope who uses dope. 2 negatives do not make a positive in this case.

McDermott has probably already kicked him to the curb unless he falls so low that the Bills already got all the other guys they really wanted.

The guy seriously will not care about the team if he doesnt even care abiut his own draft stock by being stupid. Hopefully we stay away from someone like him that thinks he is bigger than the rules.

@AdamSchefter: RT @mlombardiNFL: Teams picking between 33-45 will need to make sure they are comfortable with R. Foster, cause he will be there.

I'd honestly consider moving up to mid 30s if he was lingering on day two. That said teams will know more here than we will.

Edited by NoSaint

@mikefreemanNFL

Bill Polian just said something staggering. He said no player who tested positive for pot at the combine ever succeeded in the NFL.

Probably depends on definition of success. Justin Houston is pretty good.

Did warren Sapp test positive at the combine, or just on occasions prior? Is that an important distinction?

@mikefreemanNFL

Bill Polian just said something staggering. He said no player who tested positive for pot at the combine ever succeeded in the NFL.

What about the ones who never tested positive, but still enjoy some good Maui Wowi!

Polian went on the say "the vast majority" of those who tested positive at the combine, which I'm sure is pretty accurate. I mean, it's not a surprise or anything....

Per Greeny, more than half of Polian's first rounders made the Pro Bowl.

its not about pot use, thats a "who cares" issue...the issue is the player not having enough self control or intelligence to STOP with enough time prior to test or using a cleansing/masking drink to cover your tracks (and YES, those do work, even for NCAA/Combine tests - dont know about the hair issue)

its about being smart and a team player

Polian went on the say "the vast majority" of those who tested positive at the combine, which I'm sure is pretty accurate. I mean, it's not a surprise or anything....

that id agree with.

im not in on this guy at 10, but given his value even if you dont give him a deal in 4 years, id be down at the top of the second (even with a day 3 pick added to move up ala ragland) if he slid to day 2.

@mikefreemanNFL

That Randy guy in minny was decent too

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/bill-polian-nfl-draft-combine-rueben-foster

I'd bet that one is safe. It's probably also correct that the majority of players tested at the combine did not go on to NFL success. Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

@AdamSchefter: RT @mlombardiNFL: Teams picking between 33-45 will need to make sure they are comfortable with R. Foster, cause he will be there.

I'd honestly consider moving up to mid 30s if he was lingering on day two. That said teams will know more here than we will.

I have been against Foster at 10 even before the drug thing came out. But if we were to bundle the 5th from Dallas with the (potential) 5th for Gilly to move up into the mid 30's for Foster it would be a coup.

@albertbreer

10) Reuben Foster had some drug history at Bama. Teams know. Not considered a big deal before combine test. Now, takes on different context.

Combine incident prevents Foster from being invited to draft

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/25/scouting-combine-incident-kept-reuben-foster-from-being-invited-to-draft/

To me, this makes it a no at 10. I am all for reforming the NFL weed policy, but we are already dealing with that issue. I would take a chance in the second round