Aaron Hernandez commits suicide

zevo

Here's an interesting note: under MA law, since he hadn't exhausted all his appeals for his first murder trial, the trial technically wasn't over. Which means that upon his death, the trial gets "set back" to it's "initial state," which initial state being the presumption of innocence, effectively voids his conviction.

So in killing himself, Hernandez beats the original accusation: he's no longer a convicted murderer.

Well he's got that going for him. Which is nice.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't join in with the celebration. This is simply the final act in a terrible story of wasted life, both that of a talented young man on the wrong path and those of the people who he killed or had a hand in killing.

Good post.

Thanks, Aaron, for the final a-hole act in an a-hole life. By law the murder conviction (on appeal) is now negated. That makes it impossible for Odin Lloyd's family to recover restitution and also makes it harder for them to prevail in a civil wrongful death lawsuit (since there is now no final judgment of guilt to rely on in a civil suit. I shouldn't have expected anything different.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/04/after_aaron_hernandez_suicide.html

.....believe it is a technicality anyway......think he lost his house and all other assets.....doubt he set up a trust fund for the little girl........so where would Lloyd collect from?.....Goldman was awarded $33.5 ml from Simpson and got $500K...

Simpson was required to pay $33.5 million dollars, though very few people believed he even possessed that sum or would be capable of earning that much in the future. He was already hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. That didn't matter to the families of the victims, who only wanted justice for the people they lost. Ultimately they received about half a million from the auction of some of Simpson's belongings – a fraction of what the court had awarded them.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I wonder if they autopsy his brain they'll find evidence of CTE?

they will, of course, since CTE is so conclusive. Which IMO is a joke...

Anyway, his family sues the NFL for millions. Gets millions. But... his victims family? Hey, sorry!

Had John 3:16 written on his forehead in red marker. Supposedly smoked K-2 last night. The inmate he smoked it with is under some 24 hour suicide watch.

what's john 316 mean. Honestly

Well, there's no doorknobs in the cell either.

The overwhelming response to impending hypoxic asphyxiation is furious struggle to breathe. If you are suspended, your struggle will be vain. If you are able to stand up, you will, unless you are sedated/otherwise incapacitated.

no. No you won't. Suicide is easy af

Had John 3:16 written on his forehead in red marker. Supposedly smoked K-2 last night. The inmate he smoked it with is under some 24 hour suicide watch.

well of course thats the verse recounting gods gift to mankind of christ the redeemer

id like to believe that the gravity of all his lifes bad choices had finally dawned on him and that he repented. if so he kind of missed the point. if he had done it right he didnt need to kill himself. he could have become a force for good in the prison and lived out his life in there as a redeemed man

or he was just high out of his mind. but i find it doubtful he just randomly scrawls john 3:16 on his forehead for fun. we'll probably never know

I'm honestly asking. And what relevance it may have to his mindset

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Basically he thinks god will forgive him and he will go to heaven anyway regardless of what he has done on earth.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Basically he thinks god will forgive him and he will go to heaven anyway regardless of what he has done on earth.

and in my understanding and time in Christianity he just has to repent for his sins, or accept god in to his life and forgiveness... and he shall be saved?

ok, even then, why would he write that on his head? was he truly that high?