Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But everything looks much better when you have Tom Freakin' Brady. Gilmore was a stud and stupid Nills fans couldn't recognize it. Chris Hogan was never going to that kinda of player here. And I would bet that MG has a lower Ypc.

But if these guys go to the Jets or Fins (where MG got cut), do people even care? Every move looks better when you have the greatest qb ever.

You can be pissed and emotional about it all you want.........it's very simple.......the Bills need to start covering their flank.

They've had 3 RFA's signed to offer sheets in the past two years.........KNOW THE VALUE OF YOUR OWN TALENT........ and if Gillislee goes that's two valuable players they could have kept FOR CHEAP that are going to their biggest rival.

Whaley throws 4th round picks around like they are garbage but he's letting MG walk to get the latest 5th round pick in NFL history. :lol::doh:

They went to the playoffs in four of the seven seasons preceding Brady and went to the SB once.

:lol:

They went to the playoffs in four of the seven seasons preceding Brady and went to the SB once.

Bledsoe years were good for the Pats, they had a few other pockets of very good seasons as well.

MG is better. Cap room-this wouldn't have been a situation if we had a GM that was good at handling the cap. Also Whaley is a bad drafter overall.

.....better let Overdorf know YOU reassigned his duties to Whaley....................

Bills promote Overdorf to senior VP in minor restructuring

• Associated Press
  • Published: Jan. 31, 2008 at 11:34 a.m.
  • Updated: July 26, 2012 at 08:17 p.m.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Jim Overdorf was promoted to Buffalo Bills senior vice president of football administration, giving him control over contract negotiations and salary cap decisions.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

They've been solid since they hired parcells. Carroll was OK there, but obviously a solid coach. Then the ultimate parcells disciple in belichick (and the greatest head coach of all time). Coaches clearly make a major difference.

Maybe this new guy will be good... All we can really hope for at this point.

Edited by dneveu

With another #1 overall pick generational Qb. They went 6-10 and were 0-2 in BB's first 2 years before Mo Lewis entered the picture.

This is exactly why I wanted Taylor to go. I want to start a young qb. I don't think the drop off is as bad as some people think. But if we hit rock bottom, good. As terrible as people want to say the Bills are, the problem is they aren't. They are slightly below average. As a result, they scramble to find a qb because they always pick in the 9-16 range. And we always miss out on the Big Bens, Cams, & Lucks of the world. I would welcome a 2-14 season instead of a 7-9 one we will probably have.

Bledsoe years were good for the Pats, they had a few other pockets of very good seasons as well.

Even during the Bills' Super Bowl years, when the Pats were lousy, they were a tough out for the Bills. I was at Foxborough to watch Kelly and Co. lose to a crummy Pats team in 1992 (IIRC).

With another #1 overall pick generational Qb. They went 6-10 and were 0-2 in BB's first 2 years before Mo Lewis entered the picture.

This is exactly why I wanted Taylor to go. I want to start a young qb. I don't think the drop off is as bad as some people think. But if we hit rock bottom, good. As terrible as people want to say the Bills are, the problem is they aren't. They are slightly below average. As a result, they scramble to find a qb because they always pick in the 9-16 range. And we always miss out on the Big Bens, Cams, & Lucks of the world. I would welcome a 2-14 season instead of a 7-9 one we will probably have.

Drew Bledsoe is probably the most overrated QB of all time. He certainly wasn't horrible, but he was never good against strong competition. His career record against winning teams was abysmal. Regardless of where he was drafted, he was a classic "average" qb. Their defense plus Curtis Martin, a solid o-line, Coates, and a couple of solid receivers put them over the top.

Scroll down to "advanced passing": 100 is average. He had far more below average years than above average years. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BledDr00.htm

Edited by dave mcbride

You can be pissed and emotional about it all you want.........it's very simple.......the Bills need to start covering their flank.

They've had 3 RFA's signed to offer sheets in the past two years.........KNOW THE VALUE OF YOUR OWN TALENT........ and if Gillislee goes that's two valuable players they could have kept FOR CHEAP that are going to their biggest rival.

Whaley throws 4th round picks around like they are garbage but he's letting MG walk to get the latest 5th round pick in NFL history. :lol::doh:

:lol:

I didn't like losing Hogan and knew he would be a good player in NE and better than he was here. I hated losing Gilmore to them because I know he is really, really good.

But MG is just another guy who played on one of the best running offenses in the NFL. I really don't get the fuss. Karlos Williams was just as good and he was probs let high most of the time.

Even during the Bills' Super Bowl years, when the Pats were lousy, they were a tough out for the Bills. I was at Foxborough to watch Kelly and Co. lose to a crummy Pats team in 1992 (IIRC).

Seems colder walking back to the car after losses like that, even in September.

Drew Bledsoe is probably the most overrated QB of all time. He certainly wasn't horrible, but he was never good against strong competition. His career record against winning teams was abysmal. Regardless of where he was drafted, he was a classic "average" qb. Their defense plus Curtis Martin, a solid o-line, Coates, and a couple of solid receivers put them over the top.

Bledsoe was a great pocket passer in early in his career who could sign handedly win games by himself. His mobility killed him towards the end but he was really really good.

And again, he was drafted #1 overall. The point is the Bills never even get that opportunity to even get a stud qb.

We missed the playoffs last season because of the defense. With TT, this offense has been 12 and top ten in scoring the last two seasons.

That's crazy talk man. Knock it off. You are better than that.

Bledsoe was a great pocket passer in early in his career who could sign handedly win games by himself. His mobility killed him towards the end but he was really really good.

And again, he was drafted #1 overall. The point is the Bills never even get that opportunity to even get a stud qb.

Disagree - look at the advanced passing stats (100 is average: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BledDr00.htm). Also, in 7 playoff games his lifetime QB rating was 54.9.

Edited by dave mcbride

Wilson was there for us and Nix traded up I believe for TJ Grahmn.

Agreed

Disagree - look at the advanced passing stats (100 is average: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BledDr00.htm). Also, in 7 playoff games his lifetime QB rating was 54.9.

Young Bledsoe would have been the second best Bills Qb ever. He definitely had his flaws but he is better than anything we have had besides Kelly.

He also came off the bench to win a game for the Pats during their first SB run.