Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Successful teams or ones that fall on their faces over and over again?

The WR depth is still horrible, the RB depth is about to take a hit. Shady is another year older...

Do you prefer a guy like Tolbert over Gilly? That's a hard sell even to the biggest Whaley defenders.

Just curious why you didn't say Williams, who was more productive in college than MG?

this thread has went 30 pages in no time. I wont say MG was not a good back. I think most are just envious he may/or has gone to the patsies where he could possibly get a ring?

he can and will be replaced.

with another back up rb...

Difference is if McCoy can't go, MG could have been ok as a starter.

Or-- the Patriots know when to move on from players who are no longer at their peak. And they would never sign a guy like Dareus to the ridiculous contract the Bills gave him.

This is an impressive chain of events. I recommend everyone read this who thinks we're a competently run franchise.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/patriots-still-reaping-rewards-seymour-deal

Honestly, we were 7-9 last year with Gilleslee on the team. Yeah he showed a few flashes, but at what point is it the system and not the player. Do the Pats win the Superbowl next year WITH Gillislee on the team? Is Gillislee THE REASON they win? Probably not.

I dont understand the tear in the beer for Gillislee. Its not losing him thats holding this team down. Its the entire organizational structure. Gillislee is replaceable, to us.

Every team. Every team loses good players.

Every year.

Why do some teams win year after year and others fail to do so? The system is designed to create parity, yet some teams are perennial failures. Is it bad luck or mismanagement?

All these small mistakes add up and change the depth of the roster and unfortunately they effect the draft. Teams do lose good players but teams that fail to retain talent when they are able to do so are the ones that stand out from the pack.

Only thing that matters is what they produce in the NFL, not college.

Got it. So next year if we get the chance to draft Rosen or Darnold, stay away because TT has done more in the NFL. Got it.

I'm not as old as you. My bad. It sucks.

And his 114-183 td- int ratio and 57.3 qb rating definitely is better than Bledsoe, who is on HOF ballots. Another excellent pointz

Bledsoe isn't going to make the HOF. Borderline.

Only thing that matters is what they produce in the NFL, not college.

MG was cut and never carried the ball before Buffalo. He was given an opportunity on a great run offense and did well.

So why can't Williams do the same? Or since you don't like Whaley, Williams is already a bust?

Why do some teams win year after year and others fail to do so? The system is designed to create parity, yet some teams are perennial failures. Is it bad luck or mismanagement?

All these small mistakes add up and change the depth of the roster and unfortunately they effect the draft. Teams do lose good players but teams that fail to retain talent when they are able to do so are the ones that stand out from the pack.

Qb and coach.

Love mg, but he's not going to change our record either way.

MG was cut and never carried the ball before Buffalo. He was given an opportunity on a great run offense and did well.

So why can't Williams do the same? Or since you don't like Whaley, Williams is already a bust?

Gillislee was cut for odd reasons. It was injury/roster related and not performace related IIRC. The Bills lucked into him. The guy can play. Very good RB.

Got it. So next year if we get the chance to draft Rosen or Darnold, stay away because TT has done more in the NFL. Got it.

Williams or MG- I take MG over what I've seen in the NFL from them. The players in their first NFL year haven't had a chance to show what they can do yet. You have to go off of their talent level in college.