Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed my question, sir.

If tendering MG at a Round 2 value was such a no brainer that any competent GM would do, why did no other team put in an offer sheet for him over the past 6 weeks?

It's irrelevant. It only takes one. And here we are.

He fractured her face and needed surgery. I would hate having him on the Bills.

clearly what he did is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE. But, it was arguably in self-defense, and occurred 3 years ago. I don't think you should blacklist someone for life for something like this.

we turned a street free agent into the defending super bowl winner's next starting RB.

Mike performed well for us, but his running style troubles me as a possible starter. I remember him taking a few big hits. If you increase the workload then so do the amount of those big hits. I don't think he makes it the whole year. Just my 2.

clearly what he did is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE. But, it was arguably in self-defense, and occurred 3 years ago. I don't think you should blacklist someone for life for something like this.

Yah , " self defense " against a girl that was unarmed. Three years ago he was old enough to know the difference between right and wrong . It's not like he " forgot" to pay for some crab legs or something. No thanks...

No idea, but the team that just won the Super Bowl and perennial winner of the NFL just gave him one.

Again , who cares? They would win with or without the M Gillislee's of the world. Go hang on the Pats board. You'd be much happier there....

Let's replace him with

Barry Sanders!!!

Barry Sanders, RB, Oklahoma State

Height: 5-10. Weight: 198.

Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

Projected Round (2017): FA.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php#m6WfbwiOuMEocFtW.99

When are the Bills going to stop replacing players and actually build a winning team. WTF. :bag:

This year is a complete waste, at least I will save money by not buying NFL Ticket.

On the surface, this is very frustrating.

The Bills offense is the most run-heavy in the NFL. Our starting running back will be 29 when the season starts and entering his 9th year as a pro.

Having a strong backup RB is very important. Especially for us.

From what I understand the RFA tender to make Gillislee basically untouchable (nobody would give up a 2nd Rounder for him) would have been less than $1 million more. Now it will cost us an additional $2 million to match New England's offer. Our compensation for letting him go would only be a 5th Rounder, which has netted us the following players in the last couple drafts: Jonathan Williams, Karlos Williams, Cyril Richardson, Jonathan Meeks. That is the track record of our scouting department and Doug Whaley. In my opinion, Gilislee is way more valuable than any of those guys.

Like many on this board, my patience with Whaley has grown very thin. I'm tired of the excuses. I want results.

In my opinion, the guy gets 2017 to get this team back into the playoffs. Considering how much this team will depend on McCoy to get this team there, I think this was a stupid gamble to play with his primary backup. We will know for sure when fall hits.

Reading these comments is hilarious. You'd think we just let John Elway in his prime walk out of here for nothing.

He's a nice player, not making a difference for the Bills. At this point the smart play is to let him walk and take the extra 5th rounder.

If the teams were reversed people on this board would be saying that letting other teams overpay and getting draft picks in return is the Patriot Way.

Edited by dubs