What are you doing for Easter

mead107

My tradition is planting my veggie garden on Easter weekend. I'm headed out to the nursery shortly. I'll probably take some flowers to mom's house and plant them for her. Hopefully she and step dad will cook a nice meal.

when is easter? honestly i have no clue, i have no idea and only asked rhetorically. i am indifferent and easter does not mean anything to me. i'm a !@#$ing heathen, clearly.

whatever day it is i'll probably drink a beer or two. and do farm work. and do whatever i want like every other day.

Edited by Boyst62

when is easter? honestly i have no clue, i have no idea and only asked rhetorically. i am indifferent and easter does not mean anything to me. i'm a !@#$ing heathen, clearly.

whatever day it is i'll probably drink a beer or two. and do farm work. and do whatever i want like every other day.

I feel ya Boyst. Im not religious at all but I choose to look at Easter symbolically as a time for rebirth, that's why I do my planting on this weekend. As a farmer, you must appreciate the cycle of death and rebirth...sowing the seed, and looking toward the harvest?

Anyway, that's what I get out of Easter.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

I feel ya Boyst. Im not religious at all but I choose to look at Easter symbolically as a time for rebirth, that's why I do my planting on this weekend. As a farmer, you must appreciate the cycle of death and rebirth...sowing the seed, and looking toward the harvest?

Anyway, that's what I get out of Easter.

if I'm just now planting stuff than I'm far behind.

Only a few trees bushes and such go in now as they're usually only available now. The best time to plant is late winter. This is more or less mid spring.

Calves only have another week or so before its too late.

Going to my Sis/Law's house in Oakland....preparing for a miserable time. Small house in the Oakland hills, small enough where we can only utilize one room (combo living room / dining room). No yard, due to a steep slope...it'll be raining (apparently the CA faucet is stuck in the "on" position and won't turn off), so we'll be stuck inside anyway. She's invited 20 people (many not family to make it more awkward) to cram into their place. She'll also be picking up a meal from Boston Market. A's and Warriors will be playing a few miles away...tempted to sneak out, then again it'll be raining. Good thing she won't see this... :D I'm looking forward to Easter this year...sigh. Last year we visited family in Buffalo.

Staying home

Yes I'm doing the cooking

Roast leg of lamb with olives, garlic and rosemary served with gratin potatoes and hericot vert (damn it's good to be the Chef)

No, just the two of us.

Going to my Sis/Law's house in Oakland....preparing for a miserable time. Small house in the Oakland hills, small enough where we can only utilize one room (combo living room / dining room). No yard, due to a steep slope...it'll be raining (apparently the CA faucet is stuck in the "on" position and won't turn off), so we'll be stuck inside anyway. She's invited 20 people (many not family to make it more awkward) to cram into their place. She'll also be picking up a meal from Boston Market. A's and Warriors will be playing a few miles away...tempted to sneak out, then again it'll be raining. Good thing she won't see this... :D I'm looking forward to Easter this year...sigh. Last year we visited family in Buffalo.

We're in the Oakland Hills too. Our place is a decent size with a nice yard and deck with a great view of The Bay, SF and the bridges. Great place. Unfortunately they built it in Oakland. :censored:

My wife's favorite holiday. Grew up with many dozens of relatives all gathering for endless food, ridiculous desserts, egg hunts and other games. Pure CHAOS!

Now, the kids and grandson and the rest of her family are all several hours away. I may try to get her out for an early (and rare) 9 holes of golf after church, then watch The Heritage from Hilton Head on TV. I lived on the 10th green when I met my wife, and 28 years ago today my wife was in her 40 hours of labor while I watched golf on TV in her room with her doctor (waiting for the eventual C-section) and the birth of my first son. She will NEVER forget that! I'll watch the Masters and then the Heritage every year. That course is like home to me. (Even as only an occasional golfer.)

Had one Easter egg hunt at my mom's place today with the kids and their cousins. Going back again tomorrow to do the same thing minus the cousins. I worked my ass of today sharpening mower blades, changing oil, mowing, weeding etc...not necessarily a tradition but it needs done so I did it. The grind never ends.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

Having close family over and a farmer friend. Wife is baking a ham and turkey with all the fixings,Lots of deserts. I help out with whatever she wants . My youngest son has to work. Just got done putting candy and money in plastic eggs for my grandson to find outside. 3yrs old. Might be my last year doing this for a little bit ,lost my job after 35 yrs,probably be working holidays when I find a new job.

Having close family over and a farmer friend. Wife is baking a ham and turkey with all the fixings,Lots of deserts. I help out with whatever she wants . My youngest son has to work. Just got done putting candy and money in plastic eggs for my grandson to find outside. 3yrs old. Might be my last year doing this for a little bit ,lost my job after 35 yrs,probably be working holidays when I find a new job.

So very sorry to hear that, just enjoy the family tomorrow, it is the most important thing in our lives. Things have a way of working out as they were meant to. There is a plan, but not knowing it sucks. But it does work out.

So very sorry to hear that, just enjoy the family tomorrow, it is the most important thing in our lives. Things have a way of working out as they were meant to. There is a plan, but not knowing it sucks. But it does work out.

Never been laid off or with out a job in my life. Thank god my wife of 37 yrs has a good pension, but one income is not going to cut it. My age does not help either ,finding a job. Walmart greeter ? Ha.