NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino moving on

Reviewing every challenge this upcoming season must have been too challenging of a prospect for him.

(yes I know it will be a team)

Gee. You know, asking a lawyer to do a little more or extra work is hard!

3 weeks ago. I guess it was him quitting.

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/24/dean-blandino-well-head-toward-full-time-refs-even-if-some-quit/amp/

While it's a good thing to have a guy around who can explain the labyrinthian mess of the NFL rulebook, it doesn't help to have people whose first take, is to try and explain how the Zebras got it right, rather than to impartially call what they saw.

For sure, the TV angles will give different perspectives, and what someone 'sees' initially, may be incorrect, when you get better pictures (and thus information), but I'd rather they called it as they saw it, and then held their hands up, if what they saw, wasn't exactly right.

Rather than being employed by the TV Networks, you get the feeling that they are still employed by the NFL, whose party line is still that the Zebras can do no wrong, even when they demonstrably do, regularly.

Personally, I still find it laughable, that in a multi-billion dollar industry, you don't actually have a professional body actually refereeing the games, rather than a bunch of amateurs.

good for him

leave behind that thankless , long hours and incredibly stressful job

to sit in a studio and make comments on what he is well versed in.

he can spend more time at home with his family, improve his health and double his income.

sounds good to me.

I've said it before. NFL officiating is a clown show, and on par with the WWE. "Good guys" get all the favorable calls and the "heels" get screwed over. the whole thing needs to be blown up and recreated from scratch because the current system is a joke. they don't even know what a catch is . . . holding, even blatant holding, is often overlooked. Remember the Steelers - Cardinals Super bowl?

He never answered my question on Twitter after the MNF debacle in Seattle. I asked if referees were intentionally tanking in an attempt to leverage full-time employee status.

Suffice it to say he couldn't take my heat, and is getting out of the kitchen.