I don't buy the Bills aren't possibly moving

I just do not trust the NFL esp Goodell, I think they would all slit our throats for an extra dollar. ( not really but... :death: ) God I miss the days before Free agency

That is kind of the point though. The "NFL" doesn't matter in the conversation. They don't have ANY say. That is the biggest misconception. It isn't like the Koch brothers sitting in the ivory tower pulling strings and making decisions. It is 32 owners and they have 100% control of where the team plays. Now if you are saying that you think the Pegulas are going to sell the team it is a different argument. I would ask what you are basing that off of but if they are the owners the Bills aren't going anywhere.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just do not trust the NFL esp Goodell, I think they would all slit our throats for an extra dollar. ( not really but... :death: ) God I miss the days before Free agency

As Kirby clearly points out, you don't have to trust Goodell. Just trust Terry and Kim. They are re-making the city of Buffalo, and they are not going to take the crown jewel out of town.

The NFL could potentially create rules to suffocate the one team that refuses to get with the times, and are sucking in way more than they contribute.

They could also create a rule where everyone can only wear 1 shoe.

The only way that would happen would be if the players start getting a large piece of the pie. That isn't in the owner's best interest. The shared revenue is so massive that an expansion team in Wheeling, West Virginia would be profitable.

Been there many times. I see and hear fans bitching about ticket prices, elected officials saying they have given enough to pro sports etc. Maybe they can, I just hope the average fan in WNY can afford the additional taxes levied on them, PSL's, and higher parking, concession and ticket prices. If they can, kick ass!

Personally I say put more money into the current stadium and tell the NFL and their money making machine to go pound sand. Or if the NFL wants it so bad, then let them fund the damn thing. But that is just me.

You haven't heard any of that. You're a blatant liar.

That is kind of the point though. The "NFL" doesn't matter in the conversation. They don't have ANY say. That is the biggest misconception. It isn't like the Koch brothers sitting in the ivory tower pulling strings and making decisions. It is 32 owners and they have 100% control of where the team plays. Now if you are saying that you think the Pegulas are going to sell the team it is a different argument. I would ask what you are basing that off of but if they are the owners the Bills aren't going anywhere.

...the "master slitters" are Jones & Boy Danny Snyder......a $10-12 Billion dollar industry that technically operates 16 weeks a year......anybody HERE get 36 weeks off WITH pay?....this industry was built on the backs of the average fan scraping together a few bucks to attend a game as well as players getting a whopping $15,000 salary to play before returning to their full time jobs, with tons now being crippled or addicted to pain killers and virtually no support....those roots are forgotten IMO...pretty sad commentary that $10-12 BILLION ain't enough.....and yes I agree that the Pegulas are NOT moving or selling...they have clearly demonstrated that Buffalo/WNY will be their roots and focus for a VERY long time.....insinuating anything less is asinine.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I don't see them moving, but I also don't see a new stadium; at least not downtown. The most likely scenario is a complete reno at the Ralph.

However, the OP is fully correct about the personal finances of WNYers. WNY is a wholly depressed economic area, akin to Cleveland but nowhere near as bad as Detroit. There just isn't many ways to make real money in Buffalo, and as such there isn't a lot of disposable income. How many people are going to buy PSLs? Not many. On top of tickets more than double the price. It's just not in the cards for Buffalo to get a new stadium. And as time passes the next generation is moving in and they are more against publicly funding a billionaire's play palace. In 2024 there will be very little support for a stadium using public funds; not to mention the downstaters not wanting to help fund a Buffalo-based stadium, and NYC wears the pants.

Erie County, with maybe 20% from NYS and the NFLs grant program, will go in with the Pegula's on a new no frills stadium near the Ralph or a full on reno. Buffalo is never getting a new state of the art stadium. Ever.

I don't see them moving, but I also don't see a new stadium; at least not downtown. The most likely scenario is a complete reno at the Ralph.

However, the OP is fully correct about the personal finances of WNYers. WNY is a wholly depressed economic area, akin to Cleveland but nowhere near as bad as Detroit. There just isn't many ways to make real money in Buffalo, and as such there isn't a lot of disposable income. How many people are going to buy PSLs? Not many. On top of tickets more than double the price. It's just not in the cards for Buffalo to get a new stadium. And as time passes the next generation is moving in and they are more against publicly funding a billionaire's play palace. In 2024 there will be very little support for a stadium using public funds; not to mention the downstaters not wanting to help fund a Buffalo-based stadium, and NYC wears the pants.

Erie County, with maybe 20% from NYS and the NFLs grant program, will go in with the Pegula's on a new no frills stadium near the Ralph or a full on reno. Buffalo is never getting a new state of the art stadium. Ever.

There are a lot of these outlandish statements in terms of PSL's. I've laid out in the other thread how the Bills can EASILY generate $27.5M a year in PSL revenue. If you do that over 10 years it is $275M and a decent chunk.

Cant we just have NFL in the States?

Mexico, London, etc...get effed.

Now the NHL is having games in China next year....PUKE!

The NFL has sucked about as much money as they can out of the American consumer. They have to expand beyond the US to continue to increase their yearly take. If that will work or crash and burn is up for discussion.

There are a lot of these outlandish statements in terms of PSL's. I've laid out in the other thread how the Bills can EASILY generate $27.5M a year in PSL revenue. If you do that over 10 years it is $275M and a decent chunk.

Kirby, bless you. You're the most patient poster here.

Yeah the days before free agency, when rich owners could buy and sell athletes as chattel - those were the days! You're so out of touch it's a bit disturbing.

Also, what does free agency have to do with team relocation? Your statement seems to indicate that you think there is some connection.

I did the math and it might be a little more than you realize. You'd need an average PSL of $5,000 on 60,000 seats to hit your number. Even spread across 10 years that's $500 per seat/per season. That's stiff.

I did the math and it might be a little more than you realize. You'd need an average PSL of $5,000 on 60,000 seats to hit your number. Even spread across 10 years that's $500 per seat/per season. That's stiff.

OK, maybe not the ideal place to put this, but how is Buffalo doing these days? It sounds like in many respects things are coming around, but I haven't been back in a few years and don't really follow it. I sounds like downtown is rebounding and there's some nice development. This could probably be it's own thread, but I'm all questions and no answers.

Here is my thinking: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/192960-bills-want-success-before-building-new-stadium/?p=4308231 Edited by Kirby Jackson

OK, maybe not the ideal place to put this, but how is Buffalo doing these days? It sounds like in many respects things are coming around, but I haven't been back in a few years and don't really follow it. I sounds like downtown is rebounding and there's some nice development. This could probably be it's own thread, but I'm all questions and no answers.

Buffalo is definitely on the uptick. Still a way to go but it's heading in the right direction.

I think your scenario is a tad rich for WNY, especially when you also add in a big ticket price increase. Then you are adding $50-100 per game on top.

Buffalo is definitely on the uptick. Still a way to go but it's heading in the right direction.

I think your scenario is a tad rich for WNY, especially when you also add in a big ticket price increase. Then you are adding $50-100 per game on top.

You would be looking at 40K tickets ranging from $100 - $250 per game all in. That is including the license. The majority will be on the low end of that scale. Regionalization was done with that in mind. There will still be 25K tickets under $100. Edited by Kirby Jackson