Tony Romo Retiring to Become a CBS Broadcaster

I'm not a big fan of Simms, but even with him, the CBS A-team was far better than their Fox counterparts. Buck and Aikman are terrible. Even my wife, who's not much of a fan but watches a game with me now and then, shakes her head at some of Aikman's comments. I often remind her that Troy suffered a lot of concussions when he played, and it shows.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree, its best for him to retire. Young enough to still walk away, made more than enough money, but will get paid well to be in the booth.

Should have went with Houston and get another chance at a SB, you got your whole life to retire and the networks would still be there.

Honestly don't get why the networks are so eager to get him. never saw Tony as a riveting speaker.

Let's be honest- since Madden and Summerall ended, broadcast teams have been clown shows.

Michaels and Madden made a great team after Summerall retired. But other than that, I pretty much agree.

Guest NeckBeard

Good for that dude. I thought he was a pretty good QB, but after the spate of injuries, I am both glad that he came to his senses, and that someone offered him another pretty sweet gig.

Should have went with Houston and get another chance at a SB, you got your whole life to retire and the networks would still be there.

Honestly don't get why the networks are so eager to get him. never saw Tony as a riveting speaker.

Romo sense that his health at this point is more important than another shot at a ring. The booth is a safe bet where as one more blow to the head or getting slammed down on his neck isn't.

I hope he does well.make cgf happy.

Thank you!

Truly bittersweet yet he'll never want for money.

Here's my take on the retirement.

He wanted to continue playing yet he has a passion for golf too. A few weeks back he played golf and the rumor has it he played his worse round in years. I feel he then realized since he played so badly at golf if he continued to play football he might never be able to play golf again.

I don't understand the Aikman hate at all. He's knowledge and doesn't talk too much.

Agreed. Light years better than Simms. Joe Buck is the problem there.

Michaels and Madden made a great team after Summerall retired. But other than that, I pretty much agree.

Yep. Summerall was brutal, the anti-Gus Johnson.