Jay Cutler for backup?

So if you sign Cutler, or Kap, today's BN suggests bringing Fitz back, or whomever, are the Bills still drafting a QB? If so, are you then going to keep 4 QB's on your 53 man roster? That's alot at one position where likely if things go as planned three of them won't play at all. If you draft a QB up to the 4th round, you likely can't pass him through to the practice squad as someone likely would grab him if cut. The Bills did that with Levi Brown, but he was a 7th rounder.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler is better than Cardale. Taylor is injury prone. Easy as that.

When you don't have a franchise QB you don't go and grab garbage QBs like Cutler. You know he sucks... Cardale is unknown, a rookie would be unknown. Just the chance to get a QB that can play is above and beyond any piece of **** QB that you already know won't win you anything.

Easy as that.

Also tell me the last time Cutler played a full season... !@#$ you, I already know the answer 2009.

Hear me out. Looks like there is limited interest in Cutler. Texans just said they are not interested according to reports (maybe they are waiting for Romo to be cut). Denver seems content with their QB situation. Cleveland going full force for Garrapollo and San Fran in full rebuild mode.

What does this mean? We can get him for reasonable salary. He has history with Dennison as did Tyrod. He will maybe push Tyrod to be better. Big difference with Cutler behind him,then Cardale and a mid-late round pick (which we can still do, practice squad).

Not to mention with Tyrods style of play, an injury is almost inevitable. I think it would be a great move.

Wildly disagree.

One of the major things you want in a vet backup is the ability to be a great teammate, to be a mentor / on-field coach to Tyrod and to Cardale.

Cutler has shown himself not to be a team guy.

He would also cost too much. It's not like we're going to be competitive for a championship this year or almost certainly next. We need a mentor/coach far more than a guy who can maximize the team on the field. We don't need a bridge guy. Tyrod is the bridge guy.

Edited by Thurman#1

Hear me out. Looks like there is limited interest in Cutler. Texans just said they are not interested according to reports (maybe they are waiting for Romo to be cut). Denver seems content with their QB situation. Cleveland going full force for Garrapollo and San Fran in full rebuild mode.

What does this mean? We can get him for reasonable salary. He has history with Dennison as did Tyrod. He will maybe push Tyrod to be better. Big difference with Cutler behind him,then Cardale and a mid-late round pick (which we can still do, practice squad).

Not to mention with Tyrods style of play, an injury is almost inevitable. I think it would be a great move.

WE HAVE A BACKUP. His name is CARDALE JONES. He may in fact be BETTER than Tyrod, so yeah...

• 3 weeks later...

Rolle: Jay Cutler needs to be more involved with team

Now-retired safety Antrel Rolle played with two of the NFL's most notoriously withdrawn quarterbacks in Eli Manning and Jay Cutler. But when asked about Cutler's shortcomings, Rolle noted one difference between the two.

"He was a little bit more laid back. He wasn't a front-row leader," Rolle said on Good Morning Football on Thursday. I just felt like, honestly, if Jay involved himself more with the team, more with his receivers, I think he'd get more better results on the playing field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000799696/article/rolle-jay-cutler-needs-to-be-more-involved-with-team

Regarding Cutler potential retirement ...

@edwerderESPN

Might have no other options considering lack of suitors. I think he wants to play and would take less than starter money for team like HOU

I've spoken to people involved

Edited by YoloinOhio

Regarding Cutler potential retirement ...

@edwerderESPN

Might have no other options considering lack of suitors. I think he wants to play and would take less than starter money for team like HOU

I've spoken to people involved

I have my don't care Cutler signature face on about this news