Top 5 talent at any position?

Are there any players on this team that you feel are top 5 at their position in the league? So, if given the choice of choosing any player in the league at their position, are there 4 or fewer guys you would take before them?

For me, I believe there are three:

Incognito

McCoy

Watkins

Incognito - nobody on the left side that I would take over him. If talking guards in general, I could see Marshal Yanda or Trai Turner as options, but there's not anyone on the left side I like better.

McCoy - I'd take Elliott, Bell, David Johnson, Howard, then McCoy, putting him just inside my top 5.

Watkins - This is tricky because of the injuries, but given his talent, I'd take only Julio, Nelson, A. Brown and Mike Evans before Sammy, and Evans is questionable for me.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any players on this team that you feel are top 5 at their position in the league? So, if given the choice of choosing any player in the league at their position, are there 4 or fewer guys you would take before them?

For me, I believe there are three:

Incognito

McCoy

Watkins

Incognito - nobody on the left side that I would take over him. If talking guards in general, I could see Marshal Yanda or Trai Turner as options, but there's not anyone on the left side I like better.

McCoy - I'd take Elliott, Bell, David Johnson, Howard, then McCoy, putting him just inside my top 5.

Watkins - This is tricky because of the injuries, but given his talent, I'd take only Julio, Nelson, A. Brown and Mike Evans before Sammy, and Evans is questionable for me.

Not to be that guy but Elliot and Howard have one year of production, Shady has been productive for years. I would say they're top 5 but Shady ahead of Howard and Elliot, slightly behind Bell and Johnson.

Not to be that guy but Elliot and Howard have one year of production, Shady has been productive for years. I would say they're top 5 but Shady ahead of Howard and Elliot, slightly behind Bell and Johnson.

I guess I kind of look at it as, if you're starting a franchise and can take any RB, who would it be? With that thought process, I think the youth of Elliot and Howard are what give them that slight edge. That said, I totally agree they need to prove they can keep producing.

McCoy and Dareus.

I think the next closest is Cordy Glenn. As I have said before I think when you look back over a 4 or 5 year period at consistency and excellence at left tackle it really comes down to:

Tyron Smith

Trent Williams

Jason Peters

Joe Thomas

Andrew Whitworth

I think they are the top 5. After that Cordy Glenn and Terron Armstead are the next two that come to mind. If Whitworth finally begins to decline a bit this year I say there is every chance we are talking about Glenn as a top 5 left tackle by next off season.

Without any sort of caveats, just McCoy and Incognito.

With the 'ifs', Dareus and Watkins. (Attitude and fitness).

Hughes is worthy of a mention, but just as a 4-3 pass rusher, where he excels. Top 5 in a much more specific category.

Glenn is on the outside looking in, but is comfortably a top 10 OT.

Watkins over Brown/Green/Jones/OBJ/Hopkins/Evans?

In terms of talent, I could get behind this (if healthy). He could be ahead of Hopkins and Evans on that list. If we are talking "talent" the argument can certainly be made. If we are talking "players at a position" it's a tough sell because of his health. I kind of feel the same about Dareus but with off the field stuff.

I'll go McCoy, Incognito, Kyle and Tate (as a returner).

Watkins over Brown/Green/Jones/OBJ/Hopkins/Evans?

If we're talking WR talent, then Julio is probably the only guy I'd take ahead of Sammy, since he's the only one that is elite in literally every aspect of the position (size, speed, route-running, catch radius, etc.).

The only aspect that Sammy lacks in comparison to Julio is size.

If we're talking WR talent, then Julio is probably the only guy I'd take ahead of Sammy, since he's the only one that is elite in literally every aspect of the position (size, speed, route-running, catch radius, etc.).

Really?

Size IMO is talent, and that's why I think I like Evans and Green too.