Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Do you remember years ago when Miami rushed for over 200 yards against the Bills and the Bills won?

I do.

Ricky Williams had a huge game against the Buffalo Bills, but the Dolphins lost 38-21 at Orchard Park. His 228 yards rushing (27 carries) is still a team record.

Same season Minnesota rushed for 213 yards and Lost in OT to the Bills.

Stuff like this happens. We need an offense to be able to overcome a poor defense.

I remember the games but not the details. without going back and researching it what were the other factors (turnovers, weather, passing, special teams etc). Just because a team runs for over 200 yards does not mean they automatically win, but it does make thinks much more difficult because the other team is controlling the clock and limiting your offenses opportunities.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to you, everything Taylor does is in garbage time.

Well I'm not going to get involved in this fight but the last TD we scored was with .11 seconds left.

We punted 8 times in that game. Our offense didn't do much that day but yes, our defense was really bad.

Edited by Teeflebees

Garbage time? They play 60 mins no??

You can't critcize him for not throwing for 300 yds & yet still devalue his stats, or any other QBs, when they are playing AND losing. You want him to fold?

You bring up stats all the time. Count everything if stats are your go to.

How about the games we won where we had the lead and pounded the rock ourselves? Those are bad Tyrod games to you guys cuz of numbers.

#cantwinwiththeseguys

Edited by r00tabaga

Not true at all. Several teams were pursuing Taylor in FA 2015. Taylor indicated in an interview after arriving in Buffalo that there were several other interested teams. Had Taylor signed in Denver he would have certainly been the starter after Manning retired.

As far as blaming Rex for limiting Taylor as a passer, I think it is completely reasonable. Do you not think coaching philosophy and schemes matter. If your objective as a coach is to protect the football, not make mistakes and control the clock by running the ball it should not be a surprise when at the end of the year your QB is on the bottom in passing yards.

Taylor was pursued as a backup. You can't say Tyrod would have beaten Siemian. Tyrod got to run the Greg Roman offense in Buffalo, an offense that can hide a QB who struggles passing the ball. Don't assume when you take the training wheels off that Tyrod will be fine.

Roman wanted Tyrod to be a bigger passer like in practice but when the pressure was on Tyrod wasn't able to do it. The gameplay for Baltimore was to make him be a QB something Roman also wanted. Just not good enough, he plays like a backup, hand off and run over throwing.

Great QBs will have bad games when the guys up front do a poor job. Mediocre qbs will have really bad games when the guys up front do a poor job. They also only had 60 yards rushing... It wasn't all on him.

Roman wanted Tyrod to be a bigger passer like in practice but when the pressure was on Tyrod wasn't able to do it. The gameplay for Baltimore was to make him be a QB something Roman also wanted. Just not good enough, he plays like a backup, hand off and run over throwing.

What is there to say to this. You and other Taylor haters are so far down the rabbit hole in blaming Taylor that you can no longer be reasonable.

I took a break from these Tyrod debates for a reason and somehow allowed myself get sucked back in. I have exhausted all reasonable arguments (from stats to teammate and coach opinions). None of it seems to matter so we will just agree to disagree and wait for the 2017 season to play out.

What is there to say to this. You and other Taylor haters are so far down the rabbit hole in blaming Taylor that you can no longer be reasonable.

I took a break from these Tyrod debates for a reason and somehow allowed myself get sucked back in. I have exhausted all reasonable arguments (from stats to teammate and coach opinions). None of it seems to matter so we will just agree to disagree and wait for the 2017 season to play out.

Are the Bills Tyrod haters for deciding that Tyrod didn't play well enough to get the contract option picked up? They saw that he wasn't good enough. Only Tyrod taking a massive paycut kept him here.

The thing is myself and many that want him replaced don't hate him, in my opinion we just know he is isnt good enough as opposed to some others that continue to prop him up like a franchise worthy QB heading to the HOF.

The thing is myself and many that want him replaced don't hate him, in my opinion we just know he is isnt good enough as opposed to some others that continue to prop him up like a franchise worthy QB heading to the HOF.

All i did was say that the Baltimore game was a complete offensive let-down. He didn't prop them up. But the line didn't help, McCoy had a bad game rushing (and in pass protection)... It is a team game after all.

come on rush. this is total nonsense. you always have a way of twisting who taylor is, and what you think other's opinions of taylor are. i'm willing not a single person feels the bolded. you're hard to take seriously now.

It's a QB driven league, you can't rely on the run all the time if You want to win. You win or lose by how the QB handles the pressure to get things done. The line cant block all day when Tyrod cant see open guys, 1-2-3 throw the dam ball, with Tyrod its 1-2-3-4 run, of course the line will break down and will end up never getting that push.

sure - but most offensive coordinators don't take 30 seconds to get a play call in which allows the o-line to set protection, as well as get a pre-snap coverage read.

Edited by dneveu

Primarily Shaw and I said that if Taylor replicated the exact same numbers per game in 2015 he had every year for the rest of his career he's a HOFer. And that unlike what everyone else was saying, the hard part would actually be maintaining his play, not improving it.

Still think we were wrong?

HOF

come on rush. this is total nonsense. you always have a way of twisting who taylor is, and what you think other's opinions of taylor are. i'm willing not a single person feels the bolded. you're hard to take seriously now.

Not twisting nothing, some like to also compare him to the greats of the game like he is better.

I know who Tyrod is, the same guy Baltimore drafted him as, Flacco's backup.

Edited by xRUSHx

So now the CoT are blaming Rex Ryan for Tyrod's inability to throw the football? Without Rex Tyrod might still be an obscure backup.

I like the idea that TT will be unleashed on the NFL next year. You gotta Billieve!!

As I've said before...to the CoT, he is a legend. Anything contrary to that is the fault of others...coaches, WR's, the line, the defense, injuries, the system, playing time...it's a list that only gets longer the more he keeps failing to deliver.

These guys are far gone...discussion with them is a worthless exercise.

The much more logical explanation on Tyrod is the one supported by the facts, which is that Taylor is pretty much the same guy he was six years ago in college that was graded as a late rounder primarily due to his athleticism. We still see only the occasional exciting play...mostly with his legs. His passing is low level starter caliber, and his ability to process information and go through reads is also not good. He is a RB impersonating a QB, and guys like that just can't get it done. They get exposed more and more as time goes on, and once the athleticism starts to dissipate, it's over.

The CoT needs to start preparing for life without their hero because he's likely on his last year with this team.

You said "continue to prop up Taylor as a HOF." Some of us have reading comprehension skills, nice try though.

Just like BBMB, twisting words and the same 3 or 4 with millions of posts propping Tyrod up as a HOF franchise worthy QB while others have a different opinion of him just wanting to join the conversation to add their 2 cents. Just a opinion man, everyone has one.

As I've said before...to the CoT, he is a legend. Anything contrary to that is the fault of others...coaches, WR's, the line, the defense, injuries, the system, playing time...it's a list that only gets longer the more he keeps failing to deliver.

These guys are far gone...discussion with them is a worthless exercise.

The much more logical explanation on Tyrod is the one supported by the facts, which is that Taylor is pretty much the same guy he was six years ago in college that was graded as a late rounder primarily due to his athleticism. We still see only the occasional exciting play...mostly with his legs. His passing is low level starter caliber, and his ability to process information and go through reads is also not good. He is a RB impersonating a QB, and guys like that just can't get it done. They get exposed more and more as time goes on, and once the athleticism starts to dissipate, it's over.

The CoT needs to start preparing for life without their hero because he's likely on his last year with this team.

All true I guess - but the haters want us to draft someone and just assume he'll be better. They wanted to cut TT, and sign a Hoyer or Cutler, and groom our new guy. Some refuse to even admit that taking him back on the paycut is probably whats best for business to be competitive for 2017.

Or they want us to tank for the 2018 draft... even though the browns and niners seem to pretty much have the top 2 locked up.

Or worse than both, they are all criticism and no solutions. Which is a lot like the buffalo media, who's opinion is that everyone stinks, but refuse to suggest a better option.

Edited by dneveu

Garbage time? They play 60 mins no??

You can't critcize him for not throwing for 300 yds & yet still devalue his stats, or any other QBs, when they are playing AND losing. You want him to fold?

You bring up stats all the time. Count everything if stats are your go to.

How about the games we won where we had the lead and pounded the rock ourselves? Those are bad Tyrod games to you guys cuz of numbers.

#cantwinwiththeseguys

There you go, then he gets compared to and evaluated with all the other guys who go for 300 pass yards week in and week out.

But doing that is not something the CoT believes in.