Gotta be Howard or a S in round 1

Howard has a higher draft grade than any corner. He is BPA and a need imo. We were going after Cook cause we want to run a lot of two TE sets. Corner class in deep but there is no stud. Howard is a stud.

I think you are totally and utterly wrong but you are entitled to you opinion.

Lattimore is the #2 player on my board. The kid can do everything you want in a modern day NFL corner. I know Bill from NYC would hate the pick but if Lattimore is still there and the Bills are not going Quarterback I'd be more than happy with them picking him.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lattimore is the #2 player on my board. The kid can do everything you want in a modern day NFL corner. I know Bill from NYC would hate the pick but if Lattimore is still there and the Bills are not going Quarterback I'd be more than happy with them picking him.

Lattimore is getting overshadowed by his own teammate Conley. He should by no means the #2 on anyones board imo. There are good corners in the 2nd we can get without much drop off, if any. There is only one Howard.

Lattimore is getting overshadowed by his own teammate Conley. He should by no means the #2 on anyones board imo. There are good corners in the 2nd we can get without much drop off, if any. There is only one Howard.

Conley is a workout warrior. His tape is not that of a first round player.

Bottom end of the 2nd is where Conley's tape should see him go.

As for good corners in the 2nd I agree... I also, however, happen to think this is the deepest Tight End draft in some years and there are guys who could easily slot in as a #2 Tight End and be an upgrade as late as the 5th.

EDIT: I also suggest you go back to Lattimore's tape. It is consistently excellent. He won't make it past the Jets at #6.

Edited by GunnerBill

Conley is a workout warrior. His tape is not that of a first round player.

Bottom end of the 2nd is where Conley's tape should see him go.

As for good corners in the 2nd I agree... I also, however, happen to think this is the deepest Tight End draft in some years and there are guys who could easily slot in as a #2 Tight End and be an upgrade as late as the 5th.

EDIT: I also suggest you go back to Lattimore's tape. It is consistently excellent. He won't make it past the Jets at #6.

I am glad I am not alone one these assessments. I feel the same way when it comes to the OSU DBs.

Which is a little worrisome to me that some think Conley is worth a high firsy rounder. You can see his name in some mocks pretty high.

Heck I think Jeremiah of NFL.com has us selecting Conley. That pick would make me absolutely furious.

My thoughts have been Adams, Hooker or Williams at 10 or trade down. Howard's an enigma as athletically he's gifted and at times he dominated in college but not all the time. Yet with us not one player away I'd much rather have us trade down all things considered.

I really like like Adams. Good in the box safety and leader. But Hooker is an awful tackler.....god awful. He is a liability and as the last line of defense Hooker can't be counted on to tackle. I'll give it to him, he's great in coverage and has great hands, but avoids contact and awful tackler. I think he's overvalued in the draft

Edited by VaMilBill

Literally might not have a choice....McD might feel that with the loss of Gilmore need to put in a blue chip corner there.

Personally I hate it and hope he is already selected tot take the decision out of our hands....would rather have Corey Davis or Howard

My personal preferences............

If they don't trade down.........

1. By some miracle Hooker slides to ten, a Bills employee should run and tackle Goodell right after the ninth selection so he can't get off the podium for the Bills to make the selection in record quick time.

2. Corey Davis

3. OJ Howard

But, I am looking to make SEVERAL trades down and getting lots of pucks. It's the best way to build depth for 2017.

My personal preferences............

If they don't trade down.........

1. By some miracle Hooker slides to ten, a Bills employee should run and tackle Goodell right after the ninth selection so he can't get off the podium for the Bills to make the selection in record quick time.

2. Corey Davis

3. OJ Howard

But, I am looking to make SEVERAL trades down and getting lots of pucks. It's the best way to build depth for 2017.

Hooker can't tackle. We need players who are well rounded. Not just good at one thing. He would get smoked by Gronk or any NFL RB running at him

As impressed as I am with Corey Davis, I too would embrace drafting O.J. Howard at 10. The guy is a huge disrupting force on the OL and has great hands, speed, and size that will bring dimension to the Bills' upcoming West-Coast offense that would otherwise be missing. We've been frustrated trying to limit Gronk's YAC for years. What's good for the goose...

Taking a rookie QB will be far more attractive next year when the talent pool will be much deeper. This year, cornerbacks and safeties are dime a dozen.

Howard has a higher draft grade than any corner. He is BPA and a need imo. We were going after Cook cause we want to run a lot of two TE sets. Corner class in deep but there is no stud. Howard is a stud.

You say CB is deep but the same goes for TE and where are you seeing on any draft board that O.J. Howard is graded higher than Marshon Lattimore, or at the time before injury Sidney Jones?

Gives them a chance to part ways with Clay if he just can't produce. If he does that give a big two TE option that NE had at one time.

Bills cannot "part ways" with Clay till, at least, after the 2018 season...Unless they want a HUGE Dead Cap hit... B-)

I'm just not sold on Howard and they won't get "rid" of Clay, he's one of the most complete TEs in the NFL.

I've not ruled out LB, Foster is a rare athlete

Agree. Never understood the criticism of Clay. Quite possibly the best hybrid TE in the game. He is a huge contributor in the run game. I have no problem with him as a pass catcher. He is good underneath and can stretch the field reasonably well. How many times have I seen him tear through the seam all to no avail. How many times has he been under or over thrown. Lots. Its not on him.

This is something that the Bills Wire Slack group has been talking about for a while now.

I'm on the No side of OJ in the first (or any TE for that matter). Rob is much more adamant on him as an elite prospect - http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/20/2017-nfl-draft-4-reasons-buffalo-bills-take-oj-howard/

In a really deep TE class and with Clay already under a hefty contract, I can't bring myself to be a fan of it. 1st round TE's over the past decade don't have a great success rate. Even the best TE prospect in that time was a 2nd rounder.

With safety, it's kinda the same deal. Incredibly deep class so is it really bang for your buck to take Hooker at 10 if you can get an Evans and Thompson in later rounds? I'm not against Hooker/Adams at 10 but I love others in the class as much as them.

I think everyone is looking into letting Gilmore walk ad an automatic that we have to take a CB in the first.

This is the deepest DB class, possibly in history and it will be the ilk of a GM who can find those guys later in the draft.

My philosophy is always, even if the class is stacked you still want the best of the group. However, let the draft come to you.

Well sidney jones is hurt and Lattimore may not fall to us. That being said, again you don't have to jump at the position just because you have a need so to speak.

If Lattimore falls, perfect, if not we don't have to push up a Tabor or Conley in order to sure up the position.