Any way you slice it Kaepernick represents good value

He was a genetic freak during his NFC championship run, now be looks like a hipster in skinny jeans.

The Rams figured out what to do when you have a running QB. Beat them up physically. After the Rams showed the rest of the NFL the blueprint Kaepernick had to depend on winning from the pocket more because he couldn't sustain repeated hits and wear and tear.

I suspect that not many NFL teams want to create an offense for a dual-threat QB.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/colin_kaepernick_ignored_by_th.html#incart_river_index

• Super Bowl experience
  • great wheels
  • still in his prime

Politics aside the guy can still play and yes I was at the 49ers game last year. This would be a no risk acquisition with all upside and I would support it.

Bad QB any way you look at it. We've had this discussion....... Many times 👍

No politics NOT aside. He is a PR disaster and I know A LOT of guys who would be done with this team with him on it. F Him

This is just a ridiculous over exaggeration, and if those guys would really be "done with this team" over signing him, then good riddance.

First of all, Kap made a peaceful protest about an ugliness that WAS going on in this country at that time. People have died for this country for hundreds of years to protect his right to do that. All this cry baby nonsense about it is ridiculous. I have family and friends in the military, and a good friend of mine just retired and was part seal team 6. They all supported him and literally couldn't understand why people were so upset sighting they lost friends defending the very right Kap was using.

It was so twisted to be something other than it wasn't and the media fueled it and people ran with it to sensationalize it for clicks...but guess what...IT WORKED. He got what he was standing up against, POLICE BRUTALITY especially towards minorities, talked about everywhere. Might be the single greatest success story of a protest in modern day America. It didn't take blocking freeways, looting, violence, picket signs, etc...it took one persons single gesture.

People need to get over this, people can't even comprehend how much money he gives to charity and kids. While people were running with the "Black Lives Matter" rallies that often resulted in violence and other problems to do the masses of people and the tension, he accomplished more in a single peaceful gesture without hurting anyone all for the same cause.

NOW...If Michael Vick can come back into the NFL after BRUTAL torture and murder of dogs, a man exercising his rights to send a peaceful protest against Police Brutality to minorities sure as hell deserves a chance to move on and play football. Vick couldn't hold Kaps jock when it comes to the type of human he is or type of American he is.

Sign him...because it makes good football sense. The uninformed over exaggerators will get over it, and if they don't, who cares.

Edited by Alphadawg7

This is just a ridiculous over exaggeration, and if those guys would really be "done with this team" over signing him, then good riddance.

First of all, Kap made a peaceful protest about an ugliness that WAS going on in this country at that time. People have died for this country for hundreds of years to protect his right to do that. All this cry baby nonsense about it is ridiculous. I have family and friends in the military, and a good friend of mine just retired and was part seal team 6. They all supported him and literally couldn't understand why people were so upset sighting they lost friends defending the very right Kap was using.

It was so twisted to be something other than it wasn't and the media fueled it and people ran with it to sensationalize it for clicks...but guess what...IT WORKED. He got what he was standing up against, POLICE BRUTALITY especially towards minorities, talked about everywhere. Might be the single greatest success story of a protest in modern day America. It didn't take blocking freeways, looting, violence, picket signs, etc...it took one persons single gesture.

People need to get over this, people can't even comprehend how much money he gives to charity and kids. While people were running with the "Black Lives Matter" rallies that often resulted in violence and other problems to do the masses of people and the tension, he accomplished more in a single peaceful gesture without hurting anyone all for the same cause.

NOW...If Michael Vick can come back into the NFL after BRUTAL torture and murder of dogs, a man exercising his rights to send a peaceful protest against Police Brutality to minorities sure as hell deserves a chance to move on and play football. Vick couldn't hold Kaps jock when it comes to the type of human he is or type of American he is.

Sign him...because it makes good football sense. The uninformed over exaggerators will get over it, and if the don't, who cares.

It doesn't though. Because he sucks. And he's a headache.

It doesn't though. Because he sucks. And he's a headache.

I was referring to any team signing him...do it because it would make good football sense. I wasnt advocating for us to sign him, I was just tired of this narrative about the kid that is over blown.

Personally, I think he would be a good signing here just cuz I am not confident in Cardale being the backup yet. Bring him in to keep with Cardale...or a rookie...or another vet. After the draft, is Cardale is our top backup option I wont be very comfortable as I don't have a lot of confidence in him. So I would be fine with Kap, and honestly, he's probably the best option available and plays a style close to TT, so I do think it would make sense here.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Sign him...because it makes good football sense. The uninformed over exaggerators will get over it, and if they don't, who cares.

let the market determine his value! politics aside.. if he was good, could help a team, teams would sell their soul for him.. obviously thats not the case.. no need to over analyze

I was referring to any team signing him...do it because it would make good football sense. I wasnt advocating for us to sign him, I was just tired of this narrative about the kid that is over blown.

Personally, I think he would be a good signing here just cuz I am not confident in Cardale being the backup yet. Bring him in to keep with Cardale...or a rookie...or another vet. After the draft, is Cardale is our top backup option I wont be very comfortable as I don't have a lot of confidence in him. So I would be fine with Kap, and honestly, he's probably the best option available and plays a style close to TT, so I do think it would make sense here.

It is and it isn't. The harsh reality is that he made negative PR waves in a league notorious for not liking that. It may not be fair or right but it is the world we live in.

I'd rather have a rookie over Kaep. He's Taylor-lite, we don't need another.

Edited by FireChan

No politics NOT aside. He is a PR disaster and I know A LOT of guys who would be done with this team with him on it. F Him

I'm a combat vet and while I don't agree with Kaep's refusal to stand for the national anthem, I do get he's trying to make a good point.

Last year I cheered as enthusiastically for the Bills as ever, despite the coach's support for a racist egomaniac. I'll cheer the Bills again this year if Kaep is on the sideline.

What's interesting about Kaep is that his skill set is similar to TT's. In other words, if TT got hurt, we could still run the same offensive scheme and game plan.

This. The way I see it, the Bills need a Vet back up QB with the ability to run the same offence as TT. As this is a sport, and your political leanings should in no way impact your feelings towards the player due to their beliefs or political sensibilities, the right player to help the team should be brought in to do just that. This is a back-up QB, not a starter, and people need to get over that.

Maybe that is just my sentiment as a Canadian who applauds freedom of speech and the freedom to protest in a non-violent manner. Colin loves America, he just doesn't love the division that has occurred and the blatant violence against minorities. If you can't get that, you are part of the problem.

One of my favorite quotes was from a lifelong 9ers fan when texting him in 2015 about what happened to his team?

"Colin became too cocky, never learned from his mistakes. Defenses figured him out. You get Colin frustrated early, game over. He became arrogant when coaches tried to show him what he was doing wrong in games. He didn't care. Still thinking he knew better."

That's one of your favorite quotes?

I'm a combat vet and while I don't agree with Kaep's refusal to stand for the national anthem, I do get he's trying to make a good point.

Last year I cheered as enthusiastically for the Bills as ever, despite the coach's support for a racist egomaniac. I'll cheer the Bills again this year if Kaep is on the sideline.

What's interesting about Kaep is that his skill set is similar to TT's. In other words, if TT got hurt, we could still run the same offensive scheme and game plan.

They are very comparable.

It is and it isn't. The harsh reality is that he made negative PR waves in a league notorious for not liking that. It may not be fair or right but it is the world we live in.

I'd rather have a rookie over Kaep. He's Taylor-lite, we don't need another.

Yeah I am getting really into the idea of Chad Kelly personally and hope he finds his way to this roster. Some friends of mine who I have great respect for about their College Football knowledge and grading prospects both feel he has the most upside of any QB in this draft and for not the off field stuff he might have been easily the top QB prospect going into the draft. They said someone is going to get a steal when they grab him because he's a first round talent.

So personally, I would rather see us grab him to come in and compete with Cardale to back up Taylor. But do still think if we bring in a vet Kap makes sense simply because they don't have to change the offense with him in there because he has the same dual threat game as TT brings. But I do NOT look forward to being on this board if we did sign him and dealing with the lunacy.

This. The way I see it, the Bills need a Vet back up QB with the ability to run the same offence as TT. As this is a sport, and your political leanings should in no way impact your feelings towards the player due to their beliefs or political sensibilities, the right player to help the team should be brought in to do just that. This is a back-up QB, not a starter, and people need to get over that.

Maybe that is just my sentiment as a Canadian who applauds freedom of speech and the freedom to protest in a non-violent manner. Colin loves America, he just doesn't love the division that has occurred and the blatant violence against minorities. If you can't get that, you are part of the problem.

Perfectly stated.

America was (partially) founded on protest. I don't get how you can hate a guy for peacefully protesting...

It's one of our rights as American citizens. It's part of what makes this country so great. Freedom of speech is a constitutional right. I will never forget what a veteran friend once said - freedom of speech is one of the things he fought for, so someone expressing their constitutional right is not disrespecting him at all. It's honoring what he fought to preserve.

Anyway...

He would not be my first choice, but I'd take Kaepernick as a cheap veteran backup QB. I'd only be interested if he came cheap enough, though. He plays a similar style to TT, so the offense could pretty much stay the same if Tyrod happened to miss any games, and I don't trust Cardale in the backup spot yet.

I think the Bills could use a veteran backup QB (not necessarily Kaep). I think a good veteran QB could do Tyrod and Cardale some good. Not really sure Kaepernick is the right guy for that, though. I want an experienced, team first type guy who would be willing to help mentor Tyrod and Cardale.

Because he to has the same rights as you just got done writing about. :wallbash:

why insult the president?? .. with your comments from what i am reading. .. being a combat vet does not give you immunity .. for crissakes, dont use "being a combat vet" as a shield.

That's a bunch of ****. He clearly does not love America, unless he loves a country that's defining characteristics are racism and oppression.

People that enflame divisions by spreading misinformation of this type are the real problem. His whole narrative is based on a lie and he's too lazy or unwilling to research the counterpoont to his issue before going public with it.

End thread now please. You cry when I use the word fanboy but get to call the president a racist ?

This is nonsense.