With Dimarco/Tolbert anyone else forsee Wishbone offense

First off, I'm a BBMB refugee. UnBilleviable for those that n might know me.

Just wanted to chime in on these particular signings, as well as Taylor. We all know Kubiak and Dennison offered Tyrod more money 2 years ago to come to Denver, so when I heard McD bringing Dennison in, I immediately figured he already had a vision in place for what this O would look like. Well folks, I believe we just saw the best rushing offense get much better.

I believe with Dimarco, the best blocking FB in the game and Tolbert, a great blocker, but also extremely versatile,will add an extra element and that is the Wishbone.

On any given play you are going to have 3 runners possible, Taylor,Shady/TD Mike, and Tolbert, along with a beast of a FB leading the way. I just wanted to voice my excitement for all 3 of these signings and feel the run game will only be better. Where Tyrod might not have to throw 30 times to win. Add in an improved D, which I think is expected, and I see no reason the Bills can't get in the dance.

Despite what anyone says, once you're in the dance, anything is possible.

Thoughts?

If you're a BBMB refugee, you may remember me as a Wishbone guy. It will take the league by storm, just like the Wildcat in 2008. Time to get in on the ground floor on this one. Get it done, McDermott!

Not sure of there was sarcasm there but the Wildcat was a gimmick. This is a legit strategy. When you have the Top running QB, top 3 RB, best blocking FB and anot her veteran,heady,versatile FB, you have a good chance in executing this type of offense with consistent success. Then The deep PA to Sammy. Two arms up, TD

It actually crossed my mind after those signings. I could see it sprinkled in. You might see a little of that Navy triple option as well. I don't think that you'll see a ton of that stuff but you might see some.

That's exactly what I mean.

I'm talking 5-10 plays a game, maybe more on poor run D's. We certainly have the perfect personnel for it. It would all come down to execution but I could def see it being a trademark, especially in the RZ. We were quite successful last year with RZ option plays.

I like the art of the run game. I would like to see the wishbone run. How many times a game do you think we could see that formation?

I think it'd be extremely effective in RZ scenarios. Let's go all in on Taylor's positives, one being running the ball. Lynn ran alot of 2 back option stuff in the RZ that resulted in Walk In Td's. I think that's something this coaching staff might be trying to expand on with these signings.

You got Sammy and Clay out there too guys when the D gets too greedy.

Lol!

Only the Bills could out Billsy themselves.

In a era of Spread, Passing and Golden Arms Buffalo decides they know better and instead takes a page out of the 1970s and 80s.

Yep.

So Billsy.

But if the goal is to draft high in 2018.

Let's do it.

You are critiquing the team team for being 'So Billsy" when this is message board speculation. The Bills do enough on their own to merit criticism, why do you need to act like they are really doing this? Wait til they roll it out and fire away.

You are critiquing the team team for being 'So Billsy" when this is message board speculation. The Bills do enough on their own to merit criticism, why do you need to act like they are really doing this? Wait til they roll it out and fire away.

I agree with you here. There are way too many on these boards criticizing and being negative. Then they say, well, we,have been waiting so long for the Bills to make the playoffs, we just expect them to be bad because they always score it up. Negative energy never brings any real positive results! Basic sociological construct stuff.

I for one am positive this year, and every year. All of this struggle, IMO, has been for a reason. The tears will be that much bigger when we finally pull it out.

On the subject of the wishbone...I really think we have the perfect storm brewing here. There aren't any other teams that could actually run it like us. They don't have the pieces we do. Like what was said, maybe only a handful of times each game, with a healthy dose of play action of similar formations, and we could make a few big plays per game, and that is all it takes to win in this league.

My mistake.

I was indeed typing my post as if it was only speculation.

I didn't use the proper grammar to indicate that.

I should have typed, " It would be so Billsy for Buffalo as the League goes towards 2020 and Passing to try to win by going backwards to the 1970s."

There is only one way to win in football - pick up yards and score points. Anyone saying this is a dumb idea doesn't know football. It's only dumb if it doesn't pick up yards and points. Last year we had the 3rd most offensive TDs scored on the back of a string running game. We would be wise to do the same this year and I agree with OP that the running game could be even better this year. Play to our strengths.

If you're a BBMB refugee, you may remember me as a Wishbone guy. It will take the league by storm, just like the Wildcat in 2008. Time to get in on the ground floor on this one. Get it done, McDermott!

No this is good sarcasm!

That's exactly what I mean.

I'm talking 5-10 plays a game, maybe more on poor run D's. We certainly have the perfect personnel for it. It would all come down to execution but I could def see it being a trademark, especially in the RZ. We were quite successful last year with RZ option plays.

I think it'd be extremely effective in RZ scenarios. Let's go all in on Taylor's positives, one being running the ball. Lynn ran alot of 2 back option stuff in the RZ that resulted in Walk In Td's. I think that's something this coaching staff might be trying to expand on with these signings.

You got Sammy and Clay out there too guys when the D gets too greedy.

. I think 5-10 plays might be overdoing it some, but I could see 1-5. Give it a shot a couple times and see how the defenses react. I'm a huuuuuge fan of the option. I grew up a Nebraska fan watching the huskers and Mike Rozier all the way up to Lawrence Phillips/Ahman Green. When they hired Callahan I felt as if the wishbone was dead on the major college level. If we could somehow make it work, I'd be a huge advocate of it. Love the rule of play, but it was always an issue due to the speed and execution of defenses on the NFL level. That being said, I think it could be a nice situational "option" and I'd love it.