Revis says he will play for vet minimum

It would be so Belichick to sign him to play Safety and have the Jets pay his salary.

Next week, Adrian Peterson will be standing outside of Gillette Stadium with a sign that reads ... Will run the ball for food.

Edited by frostbitmic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So he went from refusing to play for less than 8 million to willing to play for vet min. After tt Rex Ryan at Daytona. He lost 10 lbs and feels the hunger. And is ready to go to Steelers.

Yeah sure. Sounds like a Bernie Madoff deal. Likley he wants 10 million dollars of likely to be earned incentives.

I would sign him to vet min of 1.015 million/yr which as a 10 yr vet would only be a 600,00 cap hit for Bills. Then let him try to be a safety, if all else fails keep him on roster all yr as a backup and then don't resign him next yr so he counts for a comp pick. As Revis was a 1st rnd pick.

Trick with this is all bonus like sign/workout.....etc etc can not be more than 80,000. So no funny business with incentives and bonuses.

On second thought if he washes out he likely is retired and no comp pick then. I would probably just pass.

Edited by cba fan

yeah i know, totally classless

public decapitation at halftime ... now youre talking!!

C'mon, Tyrod avoided major injury with the risks he takes out there last year... don't play that game of injury nemesis...

I see him on the Steelers. From Pittsburgh, went to Pitt, Steelers could use a veteran safety. That said, I'd still make him an offer.

There really is no offer. He gets 6 million from Jets regardless if he plays or not, unless a team agrees to pay him more than 6 million.

The offer is either vet min with no bonus more than 80 K. or a deal worth more than 6 million.

Is he worth more than 6 mill for 1 yr??

No thanks Revis got beat by WRs that are no longer on their team... Aka bad WRs

He says he is coming in to camp much lighter next year and is already 10lbs lighter. Why not give him a shot at safety where you are not matched up as much with the speed receivers? Too say no thanks and to not even give it a thought would not seem to be smart. I would definitely entertain the idea of safety with a future Hall of Fame player who said he will play for the minimum. If he can't do the job then cut him but if he can you might have a very solid player who will play smart, give great leadership, and will be a positive addition to a defense that needs DB depth.

I'm guessing between last season and his offseason embarrassment maybe he wants to chase a redemption story? I don't want him here nor do I think he would come, he will chase a ring somewhere. If Butler leaves NE then he could go there, Steelers etc. Ring chasing.

He is still getting paid bonus money right?

He has a ring.

He'll be the laziest player in the nfl this year. Just wants a little more money before calling it quits.

I watch games on TV so I honestly don't have a clue what the DBs are doing about .02 seconds after the ball is snapped, unless the play goes to them.

I have no way of telling what is a great play out there, especially if the ball doesn't go there and we never know about it.

Not sure how everyone else has this magical ability to rate every DB unless they are at the game or going a heck of a lot out of their way to watch it, or are using Madden ratings.

I watch games on TV so I honestly don't have a clue what the DBs are doing about .02 seconds after the ball is snapped, unless the play goes to them.

I have no way of telling what is a great play out there, especially if the ball doesn't go there and we never know about it.

Not sure how everyone else has this magical ability to rate every DB unless they are at the game or going a heck of a lot out of their way to watch it, or are using Madden ratings.

great points. I guess we all go on league the rankings which are done by experts watching tape.

I would love it if we could get him cheap. He's still a great player.

not a great corner anymore, but if he loses weight maybe he can be descent again.

He doesn't need the money; that's not incentive.