Are we ramping up to war with North Korea?

When you get on an elevator and a kind old lady says "good morning"...

do you snarl and yell WHAT THE !@#$ IS GOOD ABOUT IT!!!!!

Must be total pure hell with a know-it-all like you. What do you do for a living?

When you get on an elevator and a kind old lady says "good morning"...

do you snarl and yell WHAT THE !@#$ IS GOOD ABOUT IT!!!!!

Must be total pure hell with a know-it-all like you. What do you do for a living?

Knowing the actual history of how we incorporated the Nazi intelligence apparatus into our own isn't being a "know it all". It's just being informed. My pointing out the error in your post isn't to be the smartest guy in the room, it's to inform you (and anyone else who cares to know) the truth about what actually happened with Paperclip and point out how the country was fed a lie by Truman's administration. A lie that persisted for decades to the point where many are unaware of what actually happened.

My tone is often more confrontational than intended. I'm never trying to preach, always trying to have a conversation.

My job is to go down all sorts of rabbit holes and find narrative gold to reuse for fictional purposes. In another life I work in non-fiction and have a well credentialed background in history with a special focus on the American IC post WW2 and slavery in the Americas from the 16th century through the 19th.

:lol: I just rewatched that again the other day.

Knowing the actual history of how we incorporated the Nazi intelligence apparatus into our own isn't being a "know it all". It's just being informed. My pointing out the error in your post isn't to be the smartest guy in the room, it's to inform you (and anyone else who cares to know) the truth about what actually happened with Paperclip and point out how the country was fed a lie by Truman's administration. A lie that persisted for decades to the point where many are unaware of what actually happened.

My tone is often more confrontational than intended. I'm never trying to preach, always trying to have a conversation.

My job is to go down all sorts of rabbit holes and find narrative gold to reuse for fictional purposes. In another life I work in non-fiction and have a well credentialed background in history with a special focus on the American IC post WW2 and slavery in the Americas from the 16th century through the 19th.

:lol: I just rewatched that again the other day.

I just saw it again last night. I'd forgotten how awesome Sam Elliot was in it.

I just saw it again last night. I'd forgotten how awesome Sam Elliot was in it.

He's brilliant in it, I had forgotten as well. Pretty much all the best lines went to him. We're trying to put him in something I'm working on so I was compiling a bunch of clips of his best stuff to make my case - that movie was a gold mine.

Going from watching that to his Netflix show "The Ranch" with the cast of That 70s Show is a trip.

He's brilliant in it, I had forgotten as well. Pretty much all the best lines went to him. We're trying to put him in something I'm working on so I was compiling a bunch of clips of his best stuff to make my case - that movie was a gold mine.

Going from watching that to his Netflix show "The Ranch" with the cast of That 70s Show is a trip.

Sad to say, he's not available. He's going to be co-starring in my new YouTube vehicle where he, Jeff Bridges, and Kurt Russell sit around, drink whiskey, and grow facial hair to shame normal men.

The Ranch was great just, puff before pressing play. Edited by Commonsense

Sad to say, he's not available. He's going to be co-starring in my new YouTube vehicle where he, Jeff Bridges, and Kurt Russell sit around, drink whiskey, and grow facial hair to shame normal men.

:lol::beer:

The Ranch was great just, puff before pressing play.

Oh, I liked it way more than I expected to. It was just a funny juxtaposition to go from one to the other back-to-back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
North Korea is sitting on a stockpile of minerals worth trillions

Embedded deep beneath the country's mountainous zones are some 200 varieties of minerals, including gold, iron, copper, zinc, magnesite, limestone, tungsten, and graphite, Quartz reports

The total value of these minerals lies somewhere between $6 trillion and $10 trillion.

Embedded deep beneath the country's mountainous zones are some 200 varieties of minerals, including gold, iron, copper, zinc, magnesite, limestone, tungsten, and graphite, Quartz reports
The total value of these minerals lies somewhere between $6 trillion and $10 trillion.

Yes, and they don't have the wear with all to mine it themselves and their self of steam won't allow others to do it for them, so I guess it's a mute point.

5b0952820b046417b5a8524e58fe33ed--breaki

THE TRUMP-MOON, U.S.-SOUTH KOREA UNIFIED FRONT: Against Kim Kong Un’s violent North Korea.

President Donald Trump on Friday declared the U.S. has run out of patience with North Korea, as he met with his South Korean counterpart at the White House.

Speaking in the Rose Garden alongside South Korean President Moon Jae-in, Trump vowed a “determined response” against Pyongyang’s nuclear and missile programs.

“The era of strategic patience with the North Korean regime has failed,” Trump said, referring to his predecessors’ approach to the North. “Many years and it’s failed, and frankly, that patience is over.”

Trump and Moon differ over exactly how much to pressure the North into giving up its weapons programs. Both leaders also have criticized certain aspects of their countries’ defense cooperation.

But on Friday the two leaders presented a unified front.

The US should have let the South run with their Sunshine Policy when they had a chance. US plays bad cop and holds off China from getting too cozy with the North while South plays good cop and puts up with The crazy little troll and all the while "Glasnosting" the hell out of the population. China doesn't want a unified peninsula and that whole country is like an undeveloped swath of land ripe for expansion. It would take a couple generations to pull it off but would be worth it. They could have been a decade into that plan by now.