Are we ramping up to war with North Korea?

11 hours ago, Albwan said:

..ousted? don't they mean shot with anti air guns?

Eh, as terrible as any authoritarian purge is, that method of execution is somewhat hilarious in the ridiculous overkill.

I'm sure Lil' Kim swats flies with shotguns in his spare time.

• 4 weeks later...

Tensions have building the past few days.

North Korea’s military on Tuesday threatened to move back into zones that were demilitarized under inter-Korean peace agreements as the country continued to dial up pressure on rival South Korea amid stalled nuclear negotiations with the Trump administration.

The General Staff of the Korean People’s Army said it’s reviewing a ruling party recommendation to advance into unspecified border areas that had been demilitarized under agreements with the South, which would “turn the front line into a fortress.”

The powerful sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un days earlier said the North would demolish a “useless” inter-Korean liaison office in the border town of Kaesong and that she would leave it to the military to come up with the next step of retaliation against the “enemy” South.

“Our army is keeping a close watch on the current situation in which the north-south relations are turning worse and worse, and getting itself fully ready for providing a sure military guarantee to any external measures to be taken by the party and government,” said the KPA’s General Staff, which is akin to other countries’ Joints’ Chiefs of Staff.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hedge said:

The building had apparently been abandoned since the COVID outbreak.

Not the best of demolitions:

I know, WTC went down much faster ?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 10:33 AM, Foxx said:

so, the story was fake then or it's fake now?

Kim Jong Un reportedly in a coma for months, recent appearances faked

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been in a coma for months and all his recent public appearances were faked, a South Korean official says in a new report about the reclusive despot.

Chang Song-min, a former aide to late-South Korean president Kim Dae-jung, alleged that Kim has become seriously ill amid speculation about his limited public appearances this year.

In April, rumors circulated that the Hermit Kingdom honcho was in a vegetative state after a botched heart operation.

The former aide now claims Kim fell into a coma months ago and that his subsequent appearances were recorded previously, according to the UK’s Sun.

“I assess him to be in a coma, but his life has not ended,” he told South Korean media, adding that the leader’s younger sister, Kim Yo Jong, was poised to help lead the country. ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

so, the story was fake then or it's fake now?

Kim Jong Un reportedly in a coma for months, recent appearances faked

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been in a coma for months and all his recent public appearances were faked, a South Korean official says in a new report about the reclusive despot.

Chang Song-min, a former aide to late-South Korean president Kim Dae-jung, alleged that Kim has become seriously ill amid speculation about his limited public appearances this year.

In April, rumors circulated that the Hermit Kingdom honcho was in a vegetative state after a botched heart operation.

The former aide now claims Kim fell into a coma months ago and that his subsequent appearances were recorded previously, according to the UK’s Sun.

“I assess him to be in a coma, but his life has not ended,” he told South Korean media, adding that the leader’s younger sister, Kim Yo Jong, was poised to help lead the country. ...

I think there's no real succession plan in place, so to avoid chaos there, the idea seems to be to slow-roll the info.

I'd bet that if it will be true that Kim's sister is going to eventually be in charge, she's going to need to start off pretty brutal.  She's got no more right to lead that country as anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...