Are we ramping up to war with North Korea?

North Korea claims to have test-launched its first ICBM

The launch appeared to be North Korea’s most successful missile test yet.

North Korea claimed to have successfully tested its first intercontinental ballistic missile in a launch Tuesday, marking what the rogue regime called the “final step” in creating a “powerful nuclear state that can strike anywhere on Earth.”

Edited by ALF

Start holding China responsible for what N Korea does. They are the only ones who have economic leverage over them.

Start putting sanctions on China , beside the one bank. It's worth a try instead of a military option.

Start holding China responsible for what N Korea does. They are the only ones who have economic leverage over them.

Start putting sanctions on China , beside the one bank. It's worth a try instead of a military option.

China has been propping up North Korea for years. No way they want to see a nuclear armed pro-West Korean peninsula

China has been propping up North Korea for years. No way they want to see a nuclear armed pro-West Korean peninsula

Agree to a nuclear free and peace treaty Korean peninsula , N and S then the U.S. troops can go home.

Yeah I'm sure the South Korean's will agree to surrendering any nuclear capability acquired from re-unification :rolleyes:

Do you mean the South keeping the North nuclear program if there is re-unification?

China would not allow that imo

Edited by ALF

Do you mean the South keeping the North nuclear program if there is re-unification?

China won't allow reunification, period. A reunified Korean peninsula will be socially, economically, and politically dominated by the South...which means close relations between a reunified Korea and the US. And the last thing China wants is a US-allied state directly on their border.

And how would they prevent a re-united Korean peninsula from keeping the nukes?

China won't allow reunification, period. A reunified Korean peninsula will be socially, economically, and politically dominated by the South...which means close relations between a reunified Korea and the US. And the last thing China wants is a US-allied state directly on their border.

eh, i tried pointing that out to him a few posts earlier. maybe you'll have better luck with Shumway

I won't. He'll try to argue, and I'll ignore him.

I won't argue ,I agree with you both.

I just want to see the North give up there nuclear and missile programs then sanctions can be lifted.

They are sitting on $6-$10 T worth of mineral resources. There only chance is a coup at this point though.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/2017/06/29/north-korea-is-sitting-on-a-stockpile-of-minerals-worth-trillion/23008501/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058&

I won't argue ,I agree with you both.

I just want to see the North give up there nuclear and missile programs then sanctions can be lifted.

They are sitting on $6-$10 T worth of mineral resources. There only chance is a coup at this point though.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/2017/06/29/north-korea-is-sitting-on-a-stockpile-of-minerals-worth-trillion/23008501/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058&

I'd bet a coup eventually results in China's border moving south.

• 3 weeks later...