Are we ramping up to war with North Korea?

2 minutes ago, peace out said:

That's extremely unfortunate. How can there be peace or reunification when hundreds of thousands of North Koreans are forced to live and work in labor camps? I hope whatever comes of this meeting can pave the way to human rights discussions the next time they speak.  

Next up will be a meeting with Putin, who kills journalists, arrests his own citizens for speaking out, invades his neighbors and shoots down passenger jets! Can't imagine those two will give a fig for human rights. Trump loves criminals 

On 6/7/2018 at 12:19 PM, Koko78 said:

Rudy is doing a great job running distraction and interference for Trump, but sometimes he just needs to shut the !@#$ up.

that's why he never was a serious candidate outside of Mayor, not given a cabinet seat by Trump

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius. Options

You've chosen to ignore content by peace out. Options

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius. Options

a happy Monday that I've been spared the total bullcrap in those 3 straight posts

16 minutes ago, peace out said:

That's extremely unfortunate. How can there be peace or reunification when hundreds of thousands of North Koreans are forced to live and work in labor camps? I hope whatever comes of this meeting can pave the way to human rights discussions the next time they speak.  

I would think, for North Korea and Iran, the first step would me to change their status as pariah states, before human rights issues can even begin to be addressed.

• Like (+1) 2

In Singapore, Pompeo meets (and disputes) the press

Secretary Pompeo gave a press briefing on the status of negotiations with North Korea early this morning (our time). The video is at the link. His remarks anticipated the summit meeting tomorrow.

Pompeo devoted his prepared remarks (about five minutes) almost entirely to disputing a New York Times report that the United States lacks the technical expertise to verify North Korean denuclearization.

An end to the Korean war, denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, and the freeing millions of North Koreans from bondage is viewed as a just partisan ploy by (gasp) the most intellectual dishonest and partisan voices on this board. 

Learn who's interested in actual freedom and peace - and who is interested in scoring political points. They aren't hiding themselves these days.  

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Human rights will not be talked about. Victory for the Rocket Man already 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-korea/u-s-won-t-bring-north-korea-s-human-rights-n880986

Contradicts 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

An end to the Korean war, denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, and the freeing millions of North Koreans from bondage is viewed as a just partisan ploy by (gasp) the most intellectual dishonest and partisan voices on this board. 

An end to the Korean war and denuclearization would be great 1st steps for this summit.

You know that, either way, Trump's going to get slammed for this.  Either he comes away with not enough concessions, and he's naive and incompetent.  Or he's given away too much for the concessions he's received.  Or the deal's so undeniably perfect that they can't spin anything negative, and they'll credit Obama.

Doesn't much matter what happens.  It'll be reported one of those three ways.

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Learn who's interested in actual freedom and peace - and who is interested in scoring political points. They aren't hiding themselves these days.  

Swinging for the fences! To score political points with imaginary goals? ?

Kim can't grant freedom to his people, they would wring his neck if that happened. That's why dictators can't give up total power. They are criminals. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

You know that, either way, Trump's going to get slammed for this.  Either he comes away with not enough concessions, and he's naive and incompetent.  Or he's given away too much for the concessions he's received.  Or the deal's so undeniably perfect that they can't spin anything negative, and they'll credit Obama.

Doesn't much matter what happens.  It'll be reported one of those three ways.

Oh poor Trump, blah blah 

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Kim was freed in November. 

Free from whom is the question that won't get answered publicly. But the reality of that is clear to see on the man's face. 

This is theater. Will be a good watch. 

Ok! Kim is free, Trump has already won reelection, I guess, and the North Koreans inside their concentration camps will be allowed out. 

Shall all we all sing Kumbaya? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Ok! Kim is free, Trump has already won reelection, I guess, and the North Koreans inside their concentration camps will be allowed out. 

Shall all we all sing Kumbaya? 

You're like a spoiled little child, who wants EVERYTHING and wants it NOW and doesn't understand why you have to eat your peas before you can have your cookie...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You're like a spoiled little child, who wants EVERYTHING and wants it NOW and doesn't understand why you have to eat your peas before you can have your cookie...

Ok!! I am showing this to my friends at work. I bring frozen peas in for lunch and microwave them all the time and people just hate that for some reason, lol. 

And i I turn down the sweats because I'm not a big fan. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ok!! I am showing this to my friends at work. I bring frozen peas in for lunch and microwave them all the time and people just hate that for some reason, lol. 

And i I turn down the sweats because I'm not a big fan. 

See, that's what we're talking about!  You'll get the cookie eventually...but all we are saying, is give peas a chance...

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, peace out said:

So the satellite imagery is faked? You may have had too much westside bud buddy.

So your saying photos can't be faked? So much fake crap going on nowadays, I don't believe anything.

I haven't partook in smoking sine J's since my college days a long time ago. ?

42 minutes ago, peace out said:

So the satellite imagery is faked? You may have had too much westside bud buddy.

I think it's best to take a wait and see approach. Kim knows damn well that we can tell if they are violating the spirit of our initial agreement. It seems unlikely that he would do that. I hate to put a damper on you and gleeful gator's giddiness about the possible failure of this initiative, but don't get ahead of yourself.

3 hours ago, westside said:

So your saying photos can't be faked? So much fake crap going on nowadays, I don't believe anything.

I haven't partook in smoking sine J's since my college days a long time ago. ?

Of course photos can be faked. These ones are not.

You say you don't believe anything - that's bull. You believe everything DR and Trump say.

Are sine J's what you got baked with in geometry class?

Kim Jong Un ordered army officer executed after giving soldiers extra food: report

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un reportedly ordered a high ranking army officer to be executed after he was accused of giving extra food and fuel rations to troops and their families.

Daily NK reported that Hyon Ju Song, the lieutenant general of the Korean People’s Army in the country’s capital, Pyongyang, was executed by a firing squad for “charges of abusing authority and engaging in anti-Party acts.”

“While checking the oil supplies for the Sohae Satellite Launching Station during the comprehensive inspections of wartime supplies on April 10, Hyon stated, ‘We no longer have to suffer and tighten our belts to make rockets or nuclear weapons.’ This was seen as an abuse of authority and a treasonous statement that opposed the Party’s military-first policy,” a source told Daily NK.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/06/28/kim-jong-un-ordered-army-officer-executed-after-giving-soldiers-extra-food-report.html

15 minutes ago, ALF said:

Kim Jong Un ordered army officer executed after giving soldiers extra food: report

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un reportedly ordered a high ranking army officer to be executed after he was accused of giving extra food and fuel rations to troops and their families.

Daily NK reported that Hyon Ju Song, the lieutenant general of the Korean People’s Army in the country’s capital, Pyongyang, was executed by a firing squad for “charges of abusing authority and engaging in anti-Party acts.”

“While checking the oil supplies for the Sohae Satellite Launching Station during the comprehensive inspections of wartime supplies on April 10, Hyon stated, ‘We no longer have to suffer and tighten our belts to make rockets or nuclear weapons.’ This was seen as an abuse of authority and a treasonous statement that opposed the Party’s military-first policy,” a source told Daily NK.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/06/28/kim-jong-un-ordered-army-officer-executed-after-giving-soldiers-extra-food-report.html

Was this before or adter the meeting with Trump and what should we do about it?

16 minutes ago, westside said:

Was this before or after the meeting with Trump and what should we do about it?

Looks like before the meeting with Trump  but can't find date of execution. Nothing we can do about it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

He loves his people! NK is no longer a nuclear threat