Are we ramping up to war with North Korea?

15 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Don't get me wrong, what happened was a positive thing. I just have very little faith in NK doing being genuinely forthcoming.

of course, after all the Dems handing over everything to the Soviet Union, Iran, Cuba, North Korea for decades simply TRUSTING they will hold their end of the bargain, this is a major diplomatic accomplishment.

As you are mostly on the right side of things this wasn't meant as an attack on you, just a question of deflating the impossible becoming possible.

Still miles to go before we sleep.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Will hold off the celebration until the docs are signed & then troops start coming home; but 45 hasn't been wrong on many (any?) of these tweets.  Again, happy f###ing Friday! :beer:

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Will hold off the celebration until the docs are signed & then troops start coming home; but 45 hasn't been wrong on many (any?) of these tweets.  Again, happy f###ing Friday! :beer:

We would be foolhardy to substantially reduce our troops right away.

Edited by 3rdnlng

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

We have about 30,000 troops in SK. My contention is that it would be foolhardy to substantially reduce that level in the near future.

For sure, hope it’s not in plans

11 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

With all that China is trying to accomplish they may have pushed NK towards disarming, with the hopes or promises that the U.S. would reduce or remove our troops.

A legit concern. China is 100% expansionist. But that would mean we sold out the South, and I don't think S. Korea or the US have lost sight of China. Then again, just because Trump is a dealmaker doesn't mean he's a good dealmaker.  Interesting times. 

Again ,an example of people not knowing  or remembering history. The Korean War was ended. We had pushed right up to the  Chinese border. Then the Chinese came flowing into the country and almost drove us out of there. We retaliated until thee current borders.  Don'tthe ignorant even remember M*A*S*H ?  Remember them being scared about the chinese advancing?

Edited by Wacka

Truman inherited FDRs “gentlemen” advisors who set up a path such that the US, starting with Korea, would engage in war with more civilized and beta goals than actually winning the war.

15 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

We have about 30,000 troops in SK. My contention is that it would be foolhardy to substantially reduce that level in the near future.

That will be the rub in the peace plans.  I think that both Kim and Moon would like the US troops to leave.

1 hour ago, Keukasmallie said:

My recall is a bit fuzzy; did Bill Clinton or Barack Obama lay the groundwork for the summit with N. Korea's leader?  I ask this within the context of knowing full well that no one ever built anything....eh, Barack?

Clinton went to North Korea - but it was Kim's father at the time. 

1511558385907.jpg

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Gator: rooting against peace and denuclearize because his partisanship is stronger than his desire for peace. 

Yeah..............let me think, who was really doing victory laps before Trump even started ?

Oh Yeah.......Related image..............Image result for hillary supporters reaction........Related image

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Gator: rooting against peace and denuclearize because his partisanship is stronger than his desire for peace. 

He knows Trump is just staging a maskirovka, in the classic fashion of his Russian handlers, to hide his preparations for nuclear armageddon.

• Haha (+1) 1