If you had to choose 1 out of the 10, who would it be?

Here's a hypothetical scenario.

We can only draft 1 of these top prospects in the 1st round that we need. Pick 1 out of the 10 prospects and explain WHY you chose your choice over the others.

Considering we just resigned TT, I've ignored the option of drafting a QB in the first round.

Also, consider trading down from 10th overall to get one of these players, what would we get in return?

1. Marshon Lattimore - CB

2. Malik Hooker - FS

3. Mike Williams - WR

4. Jamal Adams - SS

5. OJ Howard - TE

6. Malik McDowell - DL

7. Corey Davis - WR

8. Cam Robinson - OT

9. Reuben Foster - ILB

10. Jonathan Allen - DL

Personally I would choose Corey Davis. Reason why is because he has more "juice" than M.Williams and would be a benefit to the offense to create a dual threat at the WR position. Even though there are a lot of great options, I believe we need to go WR at first round.

Corey Davis! We can fill the backend of our defense in later rounds and be solid there. A case could be made for Hooker or Adams as real difference makers that a #2 WR can't match right away but I don't see it that way personally. If Tyrod doesn't have more threats he will be keyed and falter. We need to pick the best WR for him - Corey Davis.

Edited by Strethor

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people need to prepare themselves for the very real possibility that John Ross is going to be the team's pick at 10.

I think that he's going to the Bengals at 9. I wouldn't be surprised with Howard though either. You always hear Howard compared to Olsen and I can't help but think McDermott really liked having Olsen on his team. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think that he's going to the Bengals at 9. I wouldn't be surprised with Howard though either. You always hear Howard compared to Olsen and I can't help but think McDermott really liked having Olsen on his team.

Good point that I hadn't thought much about.

I am utterly stuck on the idea that Ross will be gone before the 15th pick.

No.

There's ZERO chance of that.

There, I've done what I can :lol:

Haha. Thanks for the chuckle and letting me down easy.

No way they take Ross at 10. He just won't be the best player on the board. If they do, they better put a tighter muzzle on Whaley.

CB

This is what forced the Bills to draft EJ...

"We need to draft a QB in the first"

Then when the Bills do...

"Why did we draft the QB I didn't want in the first"

One of the main differences, though, is that EJ wasn't even really that good in college either. Watch any tape on him and you will clearly see the same issues (especially accuracy) that we saw here. Watch Mahomes, Trubisky, or Watson and the difference is night and day IMO. I think all 3 are highly UNDERRATED in this draft.

Edited by Mark80

One of the main differences, though, is that EJ wasn't even really that good at college either. Watch any tape on him and you will clearly see the same issues (especially accuracy) that we saw here. Watch Mahomes, Trubisky, or Watson and the difference is night and day IMO. I think all 3 are highly UNDERRATED in this draft.

Yes, thank you. EJ is not in the same league as some of these QB prospects. The 2017 class might not have a Luck (most classes don't) but if you like QB's there should be at least 2 prospects that you can get on board with.

Yes, thank you. EJ is not in the same league as some of these QB prospects. The 2017 class might not have a Luck (most classes don't) but if you like QB's there should be at least 2 prospects that you can get on board with.

"Get on board with" is not how you describe the 10th pick in the draft. That is the point. You don't pass on an Elite prospect at a position of BIGGER need to take a QB prospect with a lot of risk. There is no scenario that can happen where ANY of the top 4 QB's would be the BPA at the 10th pick. And regardless of anyones positive or negative opinion on TT, QB is not the biggest hole on this roster currently.

If the FO wants a QB, see who falls into the 2nd...but don't blow a chance at an ELITE prospect to gamble on a risky QB that likely isnt even listed in the top 30 players of this draft.

"Get on board with" is not how you describe the 10th pick in the draft. That is the point. You don't pass on an Elite prospect at a position of BIGGER need to take a QB prospect with a lot of risk. There is no scenario that can happen where ANY of the top 4 QB's would be the BPA at the 10th pick. And regardless of anyones positive or negative opinion on TT, QB is not the biggest hole on this roster currently.

If the FO wants a QB, see who falls into the 2nd...but don't blow a chance at an ELITE prospect to gamble on a risky QB that likely isnt even listed in the top 30 players of this draft.

There are not 10 elite prospects in this draft. If Solomon Thomas or Jamal Adams was sitting there at 10 I would have to think about what to do. But after that we hit another tier where Mahomes is far more attractive than adding another CB or a second TE.