Malcolm Butler wants out of New England

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a 1-year rental.

Yeah, as I said he's in his walk year.....all the more reason.......if he's ever going to achieve that 10-15 sack potential it's this year.

Has a db ever gotten 10 sacks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Mike Rodakent they are "verge of a split".

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4801932/making-sense-of-how-malcolm-butler-and-the-patriots-are-on-verge-of-a-split

According to Mike Triplett, ESPN Staff Writer

A Saints-Patriots deal for CB Malcolm Butler is still very much in play, but a source described it as a process that could still go either way. The first factor is Butler and the Saints agreeing on a long-term contract. Nothing else can happen if they're not on the same page there, but last week's visit was a good sign of their mutual interest.

Secretly hoping he gets stuck on Pats because Saints won't give up #11, so they have no 1st rd pick, he's way underpaid on that RFA tender, stews, and then outplays Gilmore and all heck breaks loose in the locker room.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If I were the Saints, I wouldn't give up a 1st. It's not a trade they'll win. Let him stew on the Patriots, he'll eventually get his release.

Absolutely; no way would I offer a 1st to NE under these circumstances. A 2nd would be plenty generous.

No. I am not giving a !@#$ing first round draft pick to the Patriots. Not even for Jim Brown.

Of course not... we have lesean lol. JK

@jeffphowe

Patriots offered Butler somewhere around $6M to $7M annually last season. Butler hoped to be paid in the ballpark of a top-10 CB.

Patriots told Butler last season they wouldn't pay a CB more than $10M annually, so the Gilmore contract was definitely a gut punch.

Damn I would be pissed too Edited by Agent 91

Butler is so much better than Gilmore, I think this will blow up on the Pats.

Yeah...a UDFA CB will blow up the 17 years of domination......they got rid of Jones, Collins, Milloy, Revis, Moss, Wilfork etc...but is this the move that will doom them....

Edited by Iron Maiden

Yeah...a UDFA CB will blow up the 17 years of domination......they got rid of Jones, Collins, Milloy, Revis, Moss, Wilfork etc...but is this the move that will doom them....

probably not doom them, but it isn't a long shot for it to blow up in their face. Lots of stuff they done blew up in their face.

probably not doom them, but it isn't a long shot for it to blow up in their face. Lots of stuff they done blew up in their face.

They've won 14 out of the last 16 division crowns, been to 11 of the last 16 AFC Championship games .... won 7..... and got 5 SBs trophy .....things usually go their way if you ask me....

Edited by Iron Maiden