Mills Still a Bill

FireChan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kouandjio has actually graded out well the last couple years playing RT in preseason and in games. He is so much better than his rookie year on the right side.

yeah,but he can't withstand that for a whole season since his left knee is shot,and he can't push off to pass block. That's why he did better at LT Edited by BuffAlone

I have watched him and I've followed his career closely. He has a degenerative knee condition in his post leg playing on the right hand side and can't fire off the ball properly.

He's a better left tackle because he can push off from that stance better. It's very basic stuff and why he plays left tackle well.

Yes, this is what I've seen.

On the right side he will be fine for a stretch of plays and then he will have a snap where he just can't get the nerves in that knee to fire and he either comes out wobbly or can't even get a hand on the defender.

Yes, this is what I've seen.

On the right side he will be fine for a stretch of plays and then he will have a snap where he just can't get the nerves in that knee to fire and he either comes out wobbly or can't even get a hand on the defender.

I'm only 28 and I already have arthritic tendencies in my hands. Can't imagine having the same in my knees.

The guy is so bad.

How does this coaching staff sit there and watch tape for weeks, then even try to bring back Mills??

Because they sat there and watched taped for weeks. Mills had some good moments.

They can upgrade from his level of performance, but he was not a total grease fire. And

watching games on TV is not the same as watching the film coaches have access to.

More than likely though, he will be in a competition for the starting gig or he will be a

candidate for swing tackle. With CK's health in question they need to cover themselves.

Edited by purple haze

Just another reason why we are losing this off season big time. Why did they bring back Taylor and offer a glimmer of hope that they want to win in 2017 when obviously their actions prove that they are dead set on getting a top five pick next year.

And 6 QB hits and 47 hurries :D

More good stats. "...Jordan Mills surrendered eight sacks and 57 total QB pressures over 596 pass-blocking snaps this season, fourth-most of any tackle in the game." https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-this-season/.

I hope he doesn't have to start. Glass half full--this is a depth move, Juan Castillo must think he can work with him ... or he has pictures of the FO doing naughty things!

Hopefully he will only be used as a backup. If he's our starting RT again I will be pretty bummed. It seemed like the majority of the time a defender got by the O line, it was Mills who got beat.

If he is our starting RT, let's hope Juan Castillo can work miracles... Or that Mills is a better fit in the new zone blocking scheme.

This is certainly my thinking

I am not surprised. I feel like tackle should have been their priority in FA and it clearly wasn't. Getting 16 fullbacks was.

I always felt that the Bills and Mills had a price at which they would get back together if the market didn't throw up an alternative solution for either in the meantime.

I am not surprised. I feel like tackle should have been their priority in FA and it clearly wasn't. Getting 16 fullbacks was.

I always felt that the Bills and Mills had a price at which they would get back together if the market didn't throw up an alternative solution for either in the meantime.

Let the Whaley hate flow!