E.J. Manuel - is he still a Bill?

San-O

Maybe AZ, sit behind an actual vet with an actual coach for a year and see what he can do after Palmer retires

Hasn't EJ already been sitting on bench and "learning" the past few seasons? I don't see how watching Palmer at the tail end of his career helps him any more. Won't get rid of the inaccuracy that has been there since FSU days

After we don't sign a #2 QB in FA and then pass on QB's in the draft, we'll re-sign Manuel to be Tyrod's backup.

I see Cardale on the roster, and the Bills taking a shot drafting a QB in the later rounds to see if lightning strikes as he plays on the practice squad.

EJ will likely get picked up to go to somebody's camp. No clue if he will make it or not. Maybe as a cheap backup somewhere or merely camp fodder.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The evolution of EJ:

Top talent with franchise QB written all over him.

Definitely a starter in this league.

One of the best back ups in the league.

Still the best QB from that draft.

Best QB from that draft without a team.

2017: Best QB-turned-Popeye's Manager from that draft.

Yeah like last year with a healthy team being led by Brissett?

To be fair, they weren't healthy......Brissett had a busted thumb and could barely hold the ball when they played us..there were even talk about Edelman starting.....he went straight to surgery after the game....

Edited by Iron Maiden

Bills Fans are a loyal bunch, to the point where many of us (myself included at times) continue to delude ourselves.

EJ cannot play at the NFL level. It doesn't even seem possible. But hey, I thought that RJ was the real deal. :)

Haha. If he was a slow footed, SEC coke head, who bounced around the league, overslept team meetings, & had a 64.9 qb rating (to EJ's 77), you'd make every excuse for him and want us to sign him! :)

EJ didn't work out here. It sucks but he's a million times more classier than Bills fans trashing him on his way out.

Haha. If he was a slow footed, SEC coke head, who bounced around the league, overslept team meetings, & had a 64.9 qb rating (to EJ's 77), you'd make every excuse for him and want us to sign him! :)

EJ didn't work out here. It He sucks but he's a million times more classier than Bills fans trashing him on his way out.

Edited by FireChan

Hope he gets a shot with a more stable organization.

i was really holding out hope he would come around in his development. hes such an outstanding human being that you cant help but root for a guy like that to succeed

alas, im not sure he has it in him. its unfair to judge any player on one game but he looked exactly like the same old ej in that start against the jets that i will be very surprised if he ever starts in this league again. just a chronic inability to throw a consistent ball

i wish him all the wellness i can but i hate to say i seriously doubt hes ever going to be a starter again in this league. should be able to make a nice living holding a clipboard somewhere though

Going to the Pats. Bellichick will start him both games against Bills and show how he can beat us with anyone at QB.

Man, how much would that suck

Hopefully wherever he goes, he finds success (just not against us), I like the guy. It's really too bad his development was so screwy here.

What he said.

The quitter Marrone did the Bills no favors.