An out of the Box Idea for WR

MAJBobby

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets sign Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon, so we can have the all wasted-talent team.

Honestly I would give up a 3 and 4 to get both those guys if they were both reinstated. Sure ... sounds crazy. If we can get 32 games out of them combined it would be well worth it.

You bring guys like this into a solid locker room, I doubt McDermott goes after him.

These are beaten down guys that need money and have only 1 shot left. These aren't guys that got in some trouble and may or may not have learned their lesson...these are guys that will or will not have a life depending on what they do next. Sure, they may still blow it...but the lesson has been hammered in and they should be desperate.

I would happily give up some decent draft picks now for both of them and sign each to low salary 3 year deals (keep 'em cheap if they work out).

They're both more talented than any WR in this year's draft. They're basically both Sammy-level talent. If you could unload a 3 and 4 and guarantee 10 million a piece for 3 years each....you have the very high reward situation at moderate risk. If they bust...then guess what...we have no WR but Sammy which is what we've always had.

Edited by dayman

Trade Dareus for DeAndre Hopkins and draft a DT we gain cap space and have the Clemson brothers for WR. Win win. Also the Pats don't get Hopkins.

Can't trade Dareus because it would be an insane cap hit...like $27 million dead money.

Was thinking seeing we are cap strapped. And it seems this is building as a win now team if Josh Gordon does get reinstated there is your big catch radius proven NFL WR.

Bring him in on a prove it deal if he goes back to the alcohol and drugs you cut him no issue. But if reinstated that would be a way to fill a major hole with a high talent that wont cost anything.

I am not sure he fits the character standards McD wants but gotta fill roster anyway and this would be a way to do it with a former elite player for pennies.

Didnt beat a women or anything violent his issue has always been the weed and drinking.

Do you mean "out of the box" or "hot box"?

Edited by Teeflebees

These are beaten down guys that need money and have only 1 shot left. These aren't guys that got in some trouble and may or may not have learned their lesson...these are guys that will or will not have a life depending on what they do next. Sure, they may still blow it...but the lesson has been hammered in and they should be desperate.

I would happily give up some decent draft picks now for both of them and sign each to low salary 3 year deals (keep 'em cheap if they work out).

They're both more talented than any WR in this year's draft. They're basically both Sammy-level talent. If you could unload a 3 and 4 and guarantee 10 million a piece for 3 years each....you have the very high reward situation at moderate risk. If they bust...then guess what...we have no WR but Sammy which is what we've always had.

He's so desperate that he got busted smoking weed by the NFL what 3 times? He hasn't played in 2-3 full seasons, there is no way he's our best option, I'd rather draft a young player who actually loves the game in the 2nd or 3rd round.

You bring guys like this into a solid locker room, I doubt McDermott goes after him.

Will he be able to cope with the intense, pool table-less winning formula.

Apparently the key to success is a ping pong table, but not a pool table.

He's so desperate that he got busted smoking weed by the NFL what 3 times? He hasn't played in 2-3 full seasons, there is no way he's our best option, I'd rather draft a young player who actually loves the game in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Sometimes I think to myself: maybe some of these guys have done their research and just don't want to take the dangerous narcotics the NFL hands out as pain killers.

No established receiver is coming here to get 40 catches. If Gordon wants to prove himself, he playing with a qb who will help him put up numbers. We don't have that qb.

Mmmhmmmm. We'd have to pay the man. Definitely not coming here in order to get a big contract the following season

Was thinking seeing we are cap strapped. And it seems this is building as a win now team if Josh Gordon does get reinstated there is your big catch radius proven NFL WR.

This is the 7th Josh Gordon thread here since summer. It's completely in the box. Bury the box.

Intriguing thread title but did you not see my "Sign Josh Gordon" thread?

lol